Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ashran takes longer but also has some advantages. The honor either means free upgrades for all the heirlooms or a hell of a lot of money. Add to that broken bones, progress for the Nemesis quest and other stuff and while Ashran is still inferior to Arena in terms of speed it delivers a lot of progress for side stuff and gives a lot of other benefits. It's still not really fun but at least there's now "some pvp" (in so far as a larger group slaughtering a smaller group over and over is fun).
    Yeah, it offers some kind of middle ground. Random BG's give fastest honor and slowest conquest, Ashran gives middle conquest and middle honor, and arenas give highest conquest and no honor. Broken bones add something to your honor/conquest gain, but not enough to overcome the difference compared to arenas/random BGs.

For most purposes you are still better off with Random BGs and arenas. If you want to farm honor for gold or whatever, you get more out of Random BGs, especially considering that you get something like 500-700 honor now for a win. If you need both conquest AND honor I think BGs are still ahead of Ashran in efficiency.

After you have full PvP gear Ashran doesn't really offer anything besides progress on achievements and that stupid enforced 200 conquest bonus per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Arancor View Post
    You can still cap conquest WAY faster by doing arenas compared to Ashran/Random BGs. Those people that do cap in Ashran/BGs usually do it beacuse its easier, not because its faster. And its often better to not do your arenas with such players.
    True, 2's are still the fastest way. But with Ashran I don't have to face 10 resto druid/hunter teams in a row and can work on the Nemesis achievements at the same time. I still prefer RBGs over both methods, but I can definitely see the appeal of Ashran now.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite is and always has been battlegrounds. However, the botters and afk'ers make it really annoying to play them. I haven't tried a BG since the conquest reward change went in last week, but I intend to try it later today. Hopefully it draws back some actual non-bot players.

I hate Arena, always have. Arena simply highlights to an extreme degree that Blizzard simply can't class balance. They will never be able to class balance. So given facing players of equal skill/gear/etc, FOTM will win.

Ashran... Last few weeks I have been doing some Ashran. I hate Arena and BGs have been a wasteland the last couple of months. So I was capping alts in Ashran. There's still a bunch of afker's following the group in there, and the conquest per hour is low (at best 800 if you win all the events, which doesn't always work depending on whether the other side is fighting back, and if the event timers are cooperative and aren't popping at the same time, which happens not infrequently). Sadly, keeping an Ashran raid going is a lot of work because half the raid is afk, another 25 percent of it are idiots who want to run around killing useless rares, and the last 25 percent are the ones carrying the group. Thankfully I finished Warlord of Draenor about 6 weeks ago, so no more Nemesis kill farming for me.

I am really hoping that the cp change has fixed BGs... I would happily not set foot in Ashran again.

Ashran capping has It's advantages indeed. A movie or TV series of choice playing on one monitor and wow on another. Move your character from one event to another, dont even really need to look where you are going, not like Ashran is a maze.

Deleted
    I want to 2 shot people with my mage like i used to in wotlk! There i've said it :P

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Ashran gave people a ton of CP without having to set foot in the Arena or RBGs. I've been having a terrible time finding people to do 3s with this season and I blame Ashran, honestly.
    I thought you Arena Junkies played Arena not for the gear, just out of love for the e-sport?
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Blizzard completely ruining balance in 2s by overbuffing healers in all possible ways and making 3s elitist bracket, why are you so surprised? People prefer to cap in Ashran / random BGs / RBGs over going to dreadful 2vs2 Arenas. Even 3s aren't fun, and 2s are utterly broken by hunters and healers.

Deleted
    Ashran capping takes forever honestly.

I found the best way to cap now: I pay for it, 200g a win.
    It's fast and it attracts already geared people so I hardly lose while capping.