Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I find it quite easy to believe your story, seen similar stuff myself, unfortunately there is no reason too ridiculous to kick someone for these days, I've seen it all, well maybe I shouldn't say that, tempting fate :P

Im of the mindset that I want to spend that dungeon time getting 100% experience from quests and 100% exprience from mobs because I don't want to spend more time finding that extra exp to make up for the time some guy who wanted to show off how 1337 they are. nobody needs a carry in dungeons, dungeons are easy enough as they are. I want to get through them quickly, get all the exp from them and get some action pummeling things. I don't go to dungeons to watch someone who thinks clearing a dungeon solo makes them great and needs attention and sucks at the window of the short bus for admiration.

If you want to solo a dungeon then fly to that dungeon and go clear it yourself.

I can understand their argument but you aren't a "dick" people have to abuse others online though because I imagine they don't have much going for their ego irl so it makes them feel better. Just laugh at people like this who don't have the balls to insult you and stick around for a retort or need to be with 2-3 of their friends to insult you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Actually, when I play an alt, I mostly really want to play that class. And get challenged as soon as possible on that class. That means that I'd really prefer low level dungeons to be done with players on par with the dungeon level, not trivialising the content by being 10+ lvs above it so all I have to do is /follow randomdude. That's boring. But the last time I actually asked someone not to join with their high lv alt was in vanilla when we specifically wanted to clear BRD in one sitting on par with the dungeon level. Took us 8h or so... but definitely worth the time.

But hey, I get it... generation ads really never wants to actually be challenged. Mr. Entitlement wants to be carried, because he paid 15 bucks, amirite?
    This. It was my biggest, biggest pet peeve in WOTLK and Cata when I'd get into a lowbie dungeon and see a max level player in there pulling along a guildie. They always thought they were doing everyone such a huge favor and I should kiss their butt for it.

Well, no. I usually play a tank or healer, so actually what they're doing it making it so I don't get to play. That's not fun at all. I logged onto my 70 priest because I wanted to play my 70 priest. Not autofollow some epic'd out 80 who thinks if we get out of combat for a second he's doing it wrong.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    i'm gonna take a wild guess here ... we're probably not getting the whole story
    You absolutely are.

BTW, I think some folks missed the part that I was only in there because I forgot to uncheck the box for Crypts. I didn't go in thinking I would be ruining anybody's good time..... also, while it was useless for me with XP, my thinking is that the game allowed me to queue, so I could have done it on purpose if I had wanted to. But, really, it was as simple as not seeing the box was still checked.
    Last edited by GarlicGuy; 2015-03-03 at 04:44 PM.

if it makes you feel any better on my holy paladin I was called a very bad healer from a melee mage from a BR server who I refused to heal cause he was pulling in front of the tank and..I think he was trying to tank with AE and every pull somehow, even when the tank pulled he was taking the most damage..like full OH 25%!
    "I think one of the problems that Lucas Blizzard has now, in the Lucas Film Blizzard empire, is the fact that he doesn’t they don't have more people around him them who really challenge him them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even kidding. Did you consider the fact that the player or players that were upset may have been intoxicated/on drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Not even kidding. Did you consider the fact that the player or players that were upset may have been intoxicated/on drugs?
    You must be joking. You think that people play WoW while they're stoned? Or drunk?

Well, I never.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    That was said to me today....

Here is what happened. I queued for specific dungeons. I was level 72, and a hunter. I did not notice that I still had Auchenai Crypts still checked.... at 72, I still qualified. I had not done it on that character, so even though my XP was almost zero, ( I was getting 4xp on many kills ) I decided to do it anyway.... well as you can imagine, my damage was huge compared to the other folks.

One guy asked me to leave the dungeon, and another one agreed. The other 2 wanted me to stay.

I stayed, but I passed on all loot.

When we were done, one of the guys who wanted me gone whispered "Dick".... and then he left the instance ASAP.

What do you think about the whole situation? Heck, after 10 years of WoW, I would love that to happen....
    you opened a thread.... for THIS ???

WTF

10+ Year Old Account
    Wauw, where they heavy roleplayers perhaps?

I don't really mind myself. What did happen to me is when I was on my healer and a severely over geared tank joined and I had basically zero things to do, that was kind of boring. Never saw any complains about people's dps being too high haha.

I'd never ask someone to leave because he is outdamaging everybody, that's just silly.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Deleted

Cool

Cheezeloomed? .. boosting sum1?
    =
    surprise!, same rules as always!
    = the tank shall tank, not you.
    so only use your auto attack I guess, this is ofc if you have manners...
    I havent grouped in like years so I might be abit too caring.

Name him and shame him to your heart's content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Some people are just, strange?

I mean, what is wrong with getting a dungeon done fast? If you wanna take it slow and RP walk it do it when your max lvl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    so the dungeon run for them was easy?
    what is the problem?
    never heard of someone getting upset that another player made the run easy.
    what a load of bs
    It's not about wanting it to be done 'slowly', it's about wanting to have fun. When one guy is doing 80% of the damage, it makes it pretty boring for the other players. Not to mention he was probably gimping their XP pretty nicely.

Whatever the reason was they should have just left themselves instead of asking someone, who is just playing the game as it was intended, to leave. You must be a real dumbass to stay till the end and then call someone a dick for not leaving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIV View Post
    It's not about wanting it to be done 'slowly', it's about wanting to have fun. When one guy is doing 80% of the damage, it makes it pretty boring for the other players. Not to mention he was probably gimping their XP pretty nicely.
    Then leave instead of being an asshole about it.

When I am not having fun because all three dps are doing 5k dps and I am doing 30k dps and the run is extremely slow I am not going to ask them to leave and call them dicks. I just leave.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2015-03-04 at 08:33 AM.

If that's the whole story...

it's very strange, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by whoemi View Post
    Cheezeloomed? .. boosting sum1?
    =
    surprise!, same rules as always!
    = the tank shall tank, not you.
    so only use your auto attack I guess, this is ofc if you have manners...
    I havent grouped in like years so I might be abit too caring.
    When a dps can tank they can tank. Blame Blizzard for ruining their own game.

At least the "pain" of a carry is over quickly.

Suffering through a carry is much better than the alternative...

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Im of the mindset that I want to spend that dungeon time getting 100% experience from quests and 100% exprience from mobs because I don't want to spend more time finding that extra exp to make up for the time some guy who wanted to show off how 1337 they are. nobody needs a carry in dungeons, dungeons are easy enough as they are. I want to get through them quickly, get all the exp from them and get some action pummeling things. I don't go to dungeons to watch someone who thinks clearing a dungeon solo makes them great and needs attention and sucks at the window of the short bus for admiration.

If you want to solo a dungeon then fly to that dungeon and go clear it yourself.
    That was obviously not his intention...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Absolutely not man. It's not "us" that have to resign ourselves and just go along with it. It's these people that have to step up their game and do it properly.

But what im talking about? The game has been carrying this sort of player for a while now. It doesn't punish them, it holds their hand while gently saying "don't worry, it'll all be fine."

Oh tbc 5 mans how i miss you.
    Yes, I Know what you're talking about. I'm one of the guys doing the carrying. But I think the situation is not bad enough to warrant this type of thread. It's not a surprise that some people are better than others. And some simply don't invest as much into the game as others do. That doesn't mean that they have any less of a right to be in the dungeon. And as someone who does carry every single PUG no matter where you go and what group size, let me tell you that I still wouldn't want some jackass dragging his lv 100 ass into my low level dungeon clearing shit so I can only /follow him.

I fucking hate trivialised content. But I don't see the point in flaming him for it, either. I'd just prefer to have fun myself. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    The prime example of this was in MoP when we ran some "random" dungeons over and over again. For some reason we got Scarlet Monastery 6 times in a row. We completed the dungeon 5 times before the Bloodlust debuff wore off. I queued up the next day as a healer and a run took 18 minutes. It kills you on the inside.
    No, what kills you inside is when you are 2 months into WoD and decide to do heroics without a healer at all, because you don't need them. All of this... *makes a circling motion over the thread* is not really a player or community problem. It's a game design problem with poor game design choices having been made years and years ago leading to bullshit content. Mythic is fixing that for the top tier raiders. Let's hope Blizzard takes that lesson and carries it over to dungeons as well in some appropriate form of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    This thread is so revealing and so depressing at the same time...
    It seems that more than half of the people can not even imagine that some players would actually prefer to play the dungeon at the intended levels rather than being carried.
    Not just disagree with, but downright can't even understand the concept.
    Just... wow.
    Unreal, isn't it? It's like someone telling them Gravity is optional and you can just decide to turn it off. I'd imagine the reaction being roughly the same.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.