Focusing Shot + Steady Focus as BM Simming Higher

Just went ahead and did some sims to test Focusing shot + steady focus as BM, (was getting really sick of trying to maintain beast cleave and using kill command on cooldown with cobra shot on multitarget fights). Fortunately, it actually sims as a DPS INCREASE over using the currently suggested Blink Strikes + adaptation)

Now, I should clarify, it is only a DPS increase on your main (priority target) by about 2k, whilst it is a dps loss on multi target by about -2k on 3 targets, and a dps loss of about -4k on 5 targets. This should make sense, because you gain the ability to use Kill command on your priority target, but you lose the ability to do mass cleaving damage because your pet loses damage from no adaptation and no blink strikes (passive bonus to damage)

I think its important on mythic progression that we do higher dps on our priority target whilst cleaving (darmac, operator thogar, etc). Which means that the preferred spec should be FS + SF for progression cleave fights as BM.

Ofc for top parsing, going with Blink strike/adaptation will still be king

If anybody can tell me how to link the Sim Results (I saved it on my desktop as .html) lmk
    Last edited by HappyLuckBox; 2015-03-03 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    Except that we are not cleaving off of Darmac much anyway for the most part. Perhaps with Thogar, and even that is a stretch (also the pack beasts on Darmac are not even a prio target, there is plenty movement, you're not using Thrill of the Hunt and your focus spendage is higher as BM so good luck using Focusing Shot when moving from trains constantly on Mythic and not losing any, which is exactly what your sims depend on.

Also your full fight-length sims are completely irrelevant to burst AoE on spawning packs.

Aside from that,

Focus Fire (which you're naturally going to save for these things, at least on Thogar where add spawns are often accompanied by Man-at-Arms') prefers Adaptation (and devalues Focusing Shot) since it makes you swim in focus for these periods anyway, increases pet haste, gives instant pet focus, all factors that will put the pet damage done for the duration of these burst-downs much higher than in the full-length sims you've done.

Let him present his sims before you go for the throat, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Let him present his sims before you go for the throat, please.
    He could have been more polite, but he's correct. If important adds are coming (that you're going to be Beast Cleaving) you should have FF or BW up (ideally both). Focus isn't really an issue with either of those up, so it won't really be an issue during the phase that FS is getting the most benefit.

Part of the reason that FS is so great for SV is that AS and MS are amazing focus dumps (Serpent Sting is good). This isn't really the case with BM. There's little benefit to firing off a MS every 3 seconds vs every 4 seconds as BM. Sure the extra KCs you get are nice, but with BW or FF you're able to KC pretty often anyway.
    Last edited by Kwaai; 2015-03-04 at 12:01 AM.