Shadow Dance, ambush bug

Has anyone else noticed since patch 6.1 that they are unable to ambush during the opening shadow dance? I know this has been a thing previously and it was fixed by just cancel auraing subterfuge, i was doing this previously and everything was working fine. Now suddenly, after having changed nothing besides downloading the patch, i am experiencing this bug every single time. Just wondering if i'm going crazy or other people are experiencing this as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I experience it as well. I'm forced to just wait until subterfuge is over to Shadow Dance. Happened to me tonight during Gruul. RIP DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nique View Post
    Has anyone else noticed since patch 6.1 that they are unable to ambush during the opening shadow dance? I know this has been a thing previously and it was fixed by just cancel auraing subterfuge, i was doing this previously and everything was working fine. Now suddenly, after having changed nothing besides downloading the patch, i am experiencing this bug every single time. Just wondering if i'm going crazy or other people are experiencing this as well.
    You can use ambush, you just can't use ambush into a [stance] modifier macro.

premed snd ambush ambush rupture (rupture while still in subterfuge) wait half a second while sub drops, then dance.

Or just go shadow focus. the dps difference is really nominal.

I've never had this issue. Is the problem that you don't get ambush up on your bar, or that nothing happens when you press ambush?

Quote Originally Posted by Athonel View Post
    premed snd ambush ambush rupture (rupture while still in subterfuge) wait half a second while sub drops, then dance.

Or just go shadow focus. the dps difference is really nominal.
    Its a massive diffrence between subterfuge and shadow focus. I dont know where your fauly info is from.
    The only benefit of shadow focus is cheaper ambush on pull. You do NOT get reduced ambush cost during SD and you do NOT get reduced ambush cost during Vanish mid fight.
    And tons of ofther things I CBA to write over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac223 View Post
    I've never had this issue. Is the problem that you don't get ambush up on your bar, or that nothing happens when you press ambush?
    If i shadow dance in the opener with the subterfuge buff still active, it reverts my bar to the out of stealth bar. It's a simple fix obviously but i was just wondering if it just randomly started happening to anyone else. Since it hasn't been affecting me for like the past year, it caught me off guard.

Deleted
    They made subterfuge not cancelable, so that is the reason. I also noticed, you need an unconditional ambush for ambush to work.

Quote Originally Posted by nihna View Post
    They made subterfuge not cancelable, so that is the reason. I also noticed, you need an unconditional ambush for ambush to work.
    Oh i see, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by padman View Post
    Its a massive diffrence between subterfuge and shadow focus. I dont know where your fauly info is from.
    The only benefit of shadow focus is cheaper ambush on pull. You do NOT get reduced ambush cost during SD and you do NOT get reduced ambush cost during Vanish mid fight.
    And tons of ofther things I CBA to write over and over again.
    You are absolutely wrong about cheaper ambush on vanish. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ents&spell=103

I casted ambush at 39.343 seconds into the fight. At 39.000-39.499 seconds I had 113.5 energy. At 39.500-39.999 seconds I had 99 energy. 60*0.25 = 15. 113.5-99=14.5.

That looks pretty definitive to me.

Furthermore, using shadowcraft as another example (not always 100% accurate, but it provides a pretty stable reference), Subterfuge is a 265.4 dps gain over shadow focus. According to shadowcraft, simulationcraft, and my actual results, I do roughly 33k dps on single target fights. That represents a ~0.8% dps gain. That is hardly massive.

It also means that I don't have to pool energy and wait to cast ambush.

On flamebender last night, i used subterfuge on the kill. I did 32k dps. On the wipe right before the kill, i did 34k dps with shadow focus when dps stopped (times were virtually identical).

Shadow Focus does reduce Energy cost during Vanish.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”