Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Oh conquest points. I had no idea at first :x

Make friends.. find other people with huge caps.. tank and fight people who can't win even with gear.

It sucks now that Assran is gone, but it's doable. Also, usually lets me catch up on TV shows/Movies. There are far worse grinds
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Roll Horde > Sit in Ashran all day doing events.

I don't really understand why people play WoW if they don't enjoy gear progression.

If you're looking for a gear-less jump-in-any-time PVP experience, WoW has spent the last 10 years not providing that. Safe to say you should look elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

If you know how to play hitting conq cap isnt really hard just takes time but its not thaaat bad. i have 5 toons pvp geared now and it was farily easy.

some classes will be harder than others but just find somone who likes arena or has a bunch of pvp toons that needs to cap.

I can't believe someone is complaining about this..... At least they have catch up mechanics now....

Deleted
    That "grind" is a catchup mechanic. You're not supposed to be able to farm that cap all at once, you're supposed to have a 1700 window every week. The fact that you have this catchup mechanic and don't have to wait for the weely 1700 trickle of CPs is a concession offered by Blizzard so you don't feel like being left behind on the gear race and with no option of getting in the same line as older players in the current season.

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    I *think* there's now a separate cap for Ashran where you can only earn 200 from it total on a given day. I *think.* It's not in the notes, but a lot of people have been saying as much in Ashran since 6.1 launched. Maybe I just misinterpreted them?

Regardless, queue your bone fragments at your garrison, do Ashran, and do random BGs (RBGs if you can) and 2s and you should be set.
    I did my 1700 CP in 3 hours last Saturday, so after the 6.1 patch. So except if they hot-fixed it, I think there's still no cap.

As for the topic, the catch-up mechanic is a really cool option, especially to bump your ilvl fast with CP items.
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

I love the catch-up mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick93 View Post
    I understand that CP should be earned... but when you have an upcoming lvl 100 and you have a cap of 15k CP.... like come on... especially when you still have to farm 7250 just to unlock your weapon, its definitely taking a lot longer than it used to, with Ashran being almost pointless, limited to doing Arenas (most likely 2s, which are a B**** with just blue gear) and RBGs (if you're lucky enough to get into a group that doesn't require your 2k achievement from 2 expansions ago)
    PvP is a mini game in WoW. Why are you bothering?

Can't cut it in a real PvP environment?

People like OP ( who fully cap CP in Ashran ) is probably the reason I got 4 hours queue, and Horde never kill Tremblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
    Having 5 100's is a choice you made, and finding the game "grindy" as a result of that choice is hardly anyone else's problem, including Blizzard's.
    You totally took that out of context... im not complaining about having 5 toons to gear up... im simply saying the difference from being able to acquire CP on my first 100 was way easier than now on my 5th regardless of what my cap is.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Can't cut it in a real PvP environment?
    What does that even mean? i do arenas, bgs, rbgs, ashran... is that not real pvp?

Im not complaining about the massive cap sitting at 15k, because i absolutely love being able to get 6 pieces in one week... what im trying to get at is that the ability to acquire CP now (comparing from December 2014) is doing more work for less.

Im not trying to compare from previous seasons because like i said in earlier postings, im not an elitist, nor did i do heavy pvp prior to this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Ashran is 100% the easiest way.

Join it, do the events. Or do cross-realm (find a group there are plenty) and when you're only winning events it will be quick. When my priest hit 100 I was working from home that day. Just ran to each event, within 6 hours I was fully capped. It's really never been easier to grind that much conquest.
    Gonna call nonsense on this one. Events give 100 points each, so you'd need to have done around 130+ events to cap Conquest, given that they aren't all available all the time, and they take around a minute or two on average to complete, it's not really mathematically possible to cap Conquest within 6 hours doing Events. Even if you could do all 4 events within 10 minutes and then immediately swap servers and do them on another server (which you can't because of travel time and having to requeue and such) that would still only be 2400 points an hour, so in 6 hours you'd have just over 14k. But considering there'd be a wait time in between it's really not possible.

OT:

Getting 15k Conquest at once is of course going to feel more grindy than doing 1800 a week, that just makes sense. As for if it's harder now, I mean I guess because in 2s a lot of people are already geared whereas in the beginning of the expansion nobody had Conquest gear really. But even so, I got my Rogue fully geared in about a week of 2s doing a couple hours a night. Just played double DPS (Mage/Rogue) and the games were quick and pretty painless, started with half green questing gear and half blues, so it was kind of rough at first but once I got weapons it wasn't bad at all. Didn't even bother tanking rating, just kept playing until we were done.

Doing my Priest now, have 5k to cap this week (played for the first couple months then stopped, so don't have the full 15k cap) so I expect it to be a bit harder since SPriests are bad in 2s, but might just spec Disc and steam roll some games, they'll take longer but shouldn't be hard, not expecting it to be too bad.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do Ashran till you got honor gear in every slot, then do 2v2. Literally just spam it
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

You're right about RBGs but the rest is just whining, you don't know how good you have it compared to earlier seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    I can't believe someone is complaining about this..... At least they have catch up mechanics now....
    QFT.
    People are never happy.

Deleted
    So basically you want gear handed to you? ok

I got my druid to 100 yesterday, why doesn't it have 670-680 ilvl gear mailed to it so I can jump into heroic/mythic blackrock?

Quote Originally Posted by Trematode View Post
    BG's give you 150 for the first win then 75 after that, but it also gives you blue pvp gear that will help you greatly when you step in arena. Also after losing the first few arena games, you get matched up with people that have you armor and weapon that you can win (150 cp per win).

It's not that bad when you think about it. Rome wasn't built in a day in other words.
    BGs give 50 per win now, they changed that with WoD. Arenas give 180 per win. RBGs 400 (with chance of getting the flask 25% more cp for 2 hours or something).
    If you don't wanna arena, I suggest you do Ashran to cap (unless you're botting in which case it doesn't matter and you can just bot BGs I guess). 100cp for events and 25cp for other random things.

btw you shouldn't have trouble capping points in the 1500 rating range even in full 620 gear ... it's not as bad as it was in MoP (no pvp weapon = zero damage). You still get retards who abuse their self healing capabilities to kite for 20 minutes but it's quicker than ashran (and arguably more fun).
    Last edited by xindralol; 2015-03-08 at 11:44 AM.