Downgrade ilvl for tier pieces.

How much are the elemental 2 and 4 pieces bonuses worth compared to ilvls? Is it worth using the 665 ilvl pieces over for example Mythic Highmaul slots?

My situation is that I have 2 pieces of 665 tier and using those I have already downgraded 30 ilvls. For the other three slots where I could get tier pieces I already have 3 Mythic Highmaul pieces so getting 2 more tier pieces at 665 would downgrade me another 40 ilvls for a total of 70 ilvls. Is the tier still worth it at that point?

My raiding situation is that we go casual runs in normal BRF withh personal loot where we are 8/10 and we have a progress team in Heroic and are currently 5/10 with Flamebender as the only tier boss down but with Thogar and Kromog as the next targets.

The issue is essentially if I should bother spending bonus rolls on normal tier bosses in hopes of getting 665 tiers or if I should save my rolls for when I can spend them on getting heroic tier pieces instead where the downgrade would be less.

I don't do sims so I don't have a way of evaluating how much the tier bonuses are worth.

Why not do the sims? It doesnt take much effort and will give you a definitive answer and allow you to see how things change.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by ingsve View Post
    I don't do sims
    There's your problem.

It takes all of 10 minutes to learn how to use SimC. It's very very very worth it.

I simmed my character when BRF was released and normal tier 2p and 4p was an upgrade over Mythic Highmaul pieces. This was before the nerf to 2p though. Also, http://wowsimcraft.com/ is a good site for using SimC without downloading the program.

10+ Year Old Account
    My two piece alone has been at much as 7% of my effective healing. So, it's worth it...

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I got the mythic multistrike chest from blackhand but I just couldn't break the 4 piece for ele. It meshes so nicely with EoE and my dps certainly increased.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least based on my arbitrary sims, dropping two 685 items, for two 665 tier items is a DPS increase for elemental. The amount will obviously be different depending on the items you switch, and the items of tier that are 665. Worst case scenario, it's a null gain, best case, in the area of 2K DPS.

Depens on stats on your current one.

Stats and Tier is better than ilvl.