Mythic Beastlord help

Had some guild turnover in the past month or so, which has really set us back progression wise, so just looking at Mythic BRF now. Had a few attempts on Mythic Beastlord and just looking for tips/advice on how to get this fight done.

We've had a few sub-10% attempts now so it's getting to the frustrating point (spending 10mins to get to the same spot each time tests people patience). Our group gets to the point where Faultline dies fairly cleanly now (either no deaths or one) a majority of the time. It's once Faultline goes down that things get messy. People start dying from all sorts of things (super-heated shrapnel probably stands out more than anything else). We have been dropping the epicenters in pretty structured fashion starting at the back of the room and moving toward the front.

My view is that if we're getting to the final burn phase with everyone alive and failing from there it's probably largely due to failing the DPS check part of the fight (the final phase seems to be set up as a DPS check imo). It feels like the final phase takes an eternity even with time warp. Time wise we're probably heading toward an 11min fight. Looking at other logs the average fight length is 9:30 and the average number of player deaths on a kill is 8, which makes me think final phase deaths are going to be a given and its simply a case of burn the boss before we all die.

So question is, does this sound right? How do you manage the final phase? How many healers do you run? Do you have one tank solo tank the boss in the final phase and the other take care of the adds?

7+ Year Old Account
    We were having a lot of low percentage wipes until we fixed cleaning up the spears. We basically clear the last set of spears just after faultline spawns and then burn through the rest of the fight.

2 tanks 5 healers

Use DKs to grip the adds in on top of melee (and the boss) for cleave but stay focused on the boss the entire time. Once the boss hits 7% or so we finish off the current add wave and then ignore any future wave.

Also make sure you bait the flame breath so it never hits melee (aka all ranged should be on one side) that way they never have to move out and can focus 100% on DPSing.

There are a few things I'm sure we still do wrong, but eventually gear pushes you through as well!
    Ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever

Twitter: @erlaya_warrior
    Guild: Invoke
    Recruitment: Need Disc Priest, Demon Hunter & Any other awesome DPS
    Mythic Progress: 6/8 Uldir & 5/9 BoD

Deleted
    Long time ago but ill answer your questions.
    Its a log from about a month ago but since you are heading for an 11min fight, I think its just right.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vfH9bKqzGRgtLY8D#
    vid here if you want to see my PoV of it

To answer your Questions:
    "does this sound right"
    -Yes it is kinda a race hoping that he dies before you do.
    "how do you manage the final phase"
    -Get him in "the middle" of the room, try to get his first breath on the space where you placed Faultlines Epicenter(melees placed behind him with their back towards the picenters). As soon as he is in position-> Time warp.
    Get the adds down in one spot so you dont loose too much space. Have as many balance druids as possible so the spears die.
    "how many healers"
    -We ran 5 Healers back then.
    "Do you have one tank solotank the boss"
    -Last phase only our warrior tanked then boss while the DK mostly took care of the adds

Beastlord is quite hard for a first Encounter and honestly I think Oregorger is way easier. There are so many random factors which can screw you over on Beastlord as well as kinda a lot of stuff to handle in general.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Gharl View Post
    We were having a lot of low percentage wipes until we fixed cleaning up the spears. We basically clear the last set of spears just after faultline spawns and then burn through the rest of the fight.

2 tanks 5 healers

Use DKs to grip the adds in on top of melee (and the boss) for cleave but stay focused on the boss the entire time. Once the boss hits 7% or so we finish off the current add wave and then ignore any future wave.

Also make sure you bait the flame breath so it never hits melee (aka all ranged should be on one side) that way they never have to move out and can focus 100% on DPSing.

There are a few things I'm sure we still do wrong, but eventually gear pushes you through as well!
    Thanks for tips. In terms of the spears we seem to be going in with them pretty clear (we have a couple of boomkins so starfall etc etc). We had been keeping the boss and adds completely separate and all but ignoring the adds once faultline dies but I'm not sure if that's a great plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    Thanks for tips. In terms of the spears we seem to be going in with them pretty clear (we have a couple of boomkins so starfall etc etc). We had been keeping the boss and adds completely separate and all but ignoring the adds once faultline dies but I'm not sure if that's a great plan.
    Do not ignore the adds... Get a stun rotation set up and cleave them on the boss. Do not tank them separately. You are losing a lot of damage on the boss, especially from the melee, if you are keeping them separate. When the adds are empowered, they will absolutely destroy your tank. Do not ignore the adds.

My guild has yet to down him but the tanks go SPLAT when the adds are up and empowered, there is no reason to ignore them as they should die very fast to bladestorm/warlocks/starfalls. We have many sub 10% wipes, mainly due to tank positioning and us running nearly out of room well before the enrage.

Have hunters MD the adds to the tank every time they spawn, we do have 4 hunters which helps but I am sure 2 could handle it, even 1 could help a ton.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    rather than making a new thread, i thought i'd add on to this. My guild started mythic beastlord and we only raid two days but we're having some problems on this boss and i was wondering if someone could help me out on identifying the issues. Here's the first day https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9J8RyHDfrA2PMQZn and here's the second day(we had an 800k wipe QQ) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7BM8tCqahLQFAN6y The main thing i noticed is all the people that are terrible at mechanics and got pinned. so if anyone could help me identify any other issues, that would be awesome and I appreciate it! The order we go is cruelfang, ironcrusher and dreadwing.

shit, just realized this is in the warrior forums and not the one that i saw in the raid forums lol sorry warriors!
    Last edited by nsgid; 2015-03-31 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    Apart from the obvious with pins needing to be dodged have your raid chill out on the adds. When telling people to strictly only dps the adds once they have reached the tanks (through MD's) our kills got much cleaner. It wasn't easy as people tend to be having quite the hard-on for DPS. Make sure none of the adds are slowed / stunned until they have reached the boss. This is especially important for when Faultline is up as both tanks mustn't move.

If you ignore adds completely in the last phase, you will probably die. That sounds like a horrible idea.

The hardest part is when he gets off faultline, and it definitely is a dps check. We tank adds on the boss and cleave them down as usual. Having DK with gorefiend is useful, so is warrior shockwave. Hunters should be MDing the adds. Do not touch adds until they have been placed on the boss by the tank.

Besides that, melee need to not be dumb and move away from boss BEFORE he casts epicenter, because even 1 tick will be extra pressure on your healers. Others need to not stand in fire or rend and tears. Healing CDs obviously need to be coordinated during the raidwide AOE. Then it's just dps him down.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-03-31 at 11:35 PM.

Hey,

I can only give you few advices over that, but generally, the last phase ( after faultline dies) is a survival thingy.Normally, You should have to burst him the sooner possible, while you also have the soft reset mechanism of eventually running out of space cuz of the epicenters BUT even if that may not sound right, as the situation is right now, the whole last phase are mostly surviving rather than bursting. Regarding, your raiding team being an average-good one, you will have enough dps to finish him while you have a place to step to, so dont care that much about dps. Just avoid being hit by 1) epicenters since they do tons of dmg, 2) stand in fire, while it may sound impossible sometimes regarding the whole positioning thingy, try to minimize that and 3) avoid rend and tear, that will help a lot. If you happen to get hit by sth of these and you cannot avoid it, use defensive stance or DbtS asap, will help a lot. Also save Rallying for Tantrum.

Now as for the focus part, adds have prio unless boss is under 5%, so try to nuke them. You will free your healers from quite some healing on tanks. The adds must be near the boss, especially on the last phase when you wont have that much space to run to, or your charge will start malfunctioning passing you through epicenters and etc, if you have a dk tell him to have a grip rdy, warrior ( tank or glad) to use his mocking banner, monk ( brew) black ox statue, hunters with MD are also nice etc etc.

Finally, play with ravager and make a seperate rotation on waves between bladestorm - ravager ( for example wave 1 DR-bladestrom with cd's - wave 2 ravager, WW+RB's, wave 3 bladestorm again etc ). For trinkets use vial ( scabbard if you dont have vial) and Horn. I havent really checked this out simcraft wise, but if you can also use Vial+Scabbard combo, and use them seperately on Bladestorm phases (every bladestrom of yours that way will be trinket empowered for sure). Try to execute as much as possible, when it comes on ST, and dont hesitate to use a WW+RB on stacked spears that are close to the boss or in charge range since it will still be worth both as dps increase and as raid helping. If everything on your raidgroup works fine till then and you have no stupid casualties ( say me spears or standing in front of breath) then it will probably be a kill.

In hopes it helped

P.S. --> The best advice i can give you tho, is to be concentrated. Its a long fight that wears off your mind. Try to have your focus there and you will be ok