Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Whenever I see a new post regarding a tweet from Holinka, I always pause and think to myself, whats he gone and said now! I'm rarely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Your name suits you; try not to be so patronizing of others responding to this thread. Not sure how my pointing out that Jessicka is correct about the gear/different skillset requirements being a barrier to entry, which they are. (Not for me, I've also made it clear that I've PvPed here for a decade. Skipped two expacs because they were terribly over-cc'ed, and now have 3 toons capped and 2 of them rated 2k+ in RBGs. But yeah, thanks for letting me know there are videos on the internet... ).
    I'm not patronizing anyone; people take it that way when they think the conversation is about them personally. Your prior posts did not make it clear whether you are new to pvp or experienced, and your last post made it seem like there were plenty of how-to-pve videos but no way to learn pvp. Just because someone is offering you tips or advice is not condescension and I was not trying to be sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Honestly, the entire idea of Mythic being higher iLevel anyway, just to appease some dragonslayers who have to feel that every single item upgrade is "substantial" is one of the things harming the game on an intrinsic level. iLevel Mudflation and stat conflation is the biggest problem this game has. It spirals out of control and is so bad now that they admitted that they are going to have to stat squish almost every expansion. Thats shit game design, right there.
    This problem is not so much about PvE'ers as it is about the game itself. What is there to do at max level other than run the gear treadmill? If they capped ilvls at 680 or whatever it is now, there'd be no reason for people to run a raid or dungeon more than once. I can barely stand to do the same raid or dungeon even once but blizzard makes the "end game" a repetitive and generally dull experience.

The gear isnt the issue.. the other barriers are.
    PvE being substantially easier and more forgiving than PvP means a lot of first-timers stepping into competitive PvP get a rude awakening. In their raid they may be "top DPS" and they are praised for that, but in pvp they're dead weight because they're clicking, don't know how to handle their class outside of the "rotation" and aren't willing to learn...so they complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    No, you're deluded because while you sit here and act like a pompous "know-it-all" you complain about the community being toxic and full of "know-it-alls" while making posts like:

"This was a bad change that should be reverted, because only a select group of classes are dealing excessive damage. Blanket reductions on healing or DPS do not work, because reducing damage makes healers too strong and reducing healing makes DPS too strong. Blizzard is full of disappointment, lately, and it looks like their upper management needs a shakeup."
    - The 10% blanket damage reduction was a bad change. Why? It penalizes ALL classes when only a handful were doing too much damage. It's also a substantial boost to healing effectiveness.

- Blanket damage or healing reductions do not work. Why? Because blanket changes assume the problem is everyone, rather than re-tuning the specific classes that actually are a problem.

- Blizzard failed with the launch - WoD was unplayable for the first couple weeks. They failed hard with Ashran, a "pvp" area. They follow up with poorly thought out "fixes" that end up causing more problems than what they allege to fix. Is it time for them to hire some competent employees and perhaps unify the authority so that everyone working there is on the same page? Yes. They need an upper management shake-up.

You do realize that nothing I said in what you quoted suggests that I "know it all", and if you disagreed with that then reply and explain why. Instead you chose to do nothing but cry, whine and make inane quips - thus proving my point about why the WoW community in general is toxic.

But really, you're just a Huntard who fancies himself a "Professor Expert" and that's why you're deluded. You think your shit doesn't stink and you present yourself like a tool.
    This thread is not about you or me, but you really seem to think it's about you...or me. I do have a hunter, which I have not leveled. I currently play an enhancement shaman which I've mentioned several times, and I have ret paladin. I play all the classes in the game, and play them well...so think what you want about what I say, but know that it's based on actual experience and not just a one-sided opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitti Pryde View Post
    He's saying here that many players don't play enough arena or RBGs to form the opinion based on balance. It's the equivalent of playing 2 games of football and saying that the game's not fair because you got demolished by a real team that practices. That's not discrediting those that play often, but a fact of those that only try it once before deciding they don't like it.

Like I said, you missed the point. One 140 character tweet and you took the ball and ran with it. Nowhere is Holinka trying to personally offend PvP all-stars like yourself, but instead was trying to reach out to a different demographic than the one that constantly tweets him.

He bothered to ask for his own personal reasons, probably. He wanted to get a feel for reasons why the casual player will play other Blizzard PvP games (Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm) but don't stray from PvE content in WoW. That is all and you're reading way too far into it.
    The majority think a statement or question from holinka is personally directed at them and are immediately compelled to make it about their feelings. You cannot really have an intelligent discussion with a person or group of people who are so narcissistic that any disagreement or variation from what they believe is "right" results in pages of rage.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That's because that part appeared only after he made his idiotic remark and after people replied to it.

You are so quick to defend Holinka, but we wouldn't even had his explanations if he wasn't called on his abrasiveness. Remove the explanations and you have nothing to defend with. The abrasiveness is precisely the point and I'd appreciate it if you thought about it first instead of blindly charging with your shield.
    Why do you think it matters if he is "abrasive"? Are you unaware of the fact that neither he nor I care about your feelings? If you have something to say about the topic then do so, but it's not the place to go complain that your sensibilities were offended or whatever.

Furthermore, jumping on a hate bandwagon because you claim he was "abrasive" immediately makes you the lesser of the bunch. Want people to be more thoughtful? Start by doing that yourself when you talk to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitti Pryde View Post
    Last I read, the title of this thread was, "New tweets from Holinka". That leads me to believe that this thread is about the new tweets from Holinka. Now, I'd totally agree with you if this thread title was, "Holinka is being arrogant and abrasive for the umpteenth time", but it's not.

We gave Ghostcrawler the same amount of shit regarding PvP, which was funny considering he didn't oversee every facet of PvP but was instead a lead designer. I don't see this "arrogance" you speak of, as the figurehead and the person we bring our complaints to, he has to take everything with a grain of salt because we have threads like this where instead of giving constructive criticism about what can be done to improve PvP we just talk shit about his attitude and tell him to fill out an application at McDonalds.

WoD has been my least favorite expansion for PvP so far, I'll admit. That being said, it's not new to complain about the state of PvP. We were just doing it last expansion pack and look at us now, putting MoP over WoD. The same thing happened in MoP, we all praised Cata's PvP system. It's a vicious cycle, and it's been that way for awhile.
    No one missed the point though. It's really as simple as this.

Someone who plays HotS and doesn't PvP in WoW is BECAUSE, HotS is a PvP game that is DESIGNED for PvP. It is BALANCED around PvP. They don't play PVP in WoW because it is not designed and BALANCED with PvP in mind. Therefore, people don't engage in WoW PvP because of BALANCE.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

the season one reward system was awful, the bg boxes seemed ok but turned out to be pointless, balance is just sad, dumbing everything down was awful. Ashran was a running fail. No new bgs, I struggle to find anything good to say. Would of preferred nothing done to what was done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    While I usually dont care about either Blizz on Twitter, Holinka or even much about pvp balance even to me its obvious that he gave a shit feedback.

He basically wanted to ask Non-wow Pvper why they dont pvp in wow if they do it in other games. Then after someone raises balance he says that only few Pro-pvpers could even say someting about balance.

In fact there is a thing called perceived balance if people who play more casually have the feeling that balance is shit then this is perhaps in fact the reason they dont play any wow pvp. Just ignoring this and searching for other reasons that he can later use to throw at his boss when presented with shitty pvp participation number wont help at all.
    The real reason is that due to the vast difference in complexity between WoW PvE and PvP there is a very high threshold to enter meaningful organized PvP. Multitarget management, cross-class cooldown knowledge and PvP positioning as well as CC chaining is something that from 1-100 you won't see at all as a PvEer but is vital to not getting roflstomped in PvP. So when you enter your first arena and get absolutely violated you're unlikely to come back for more as the learning curve is disencouraging to say the least. The same goes for BGs where most people will enter an AV thinking that they'll be the hero that takes on the world only to proceed to get smacked up, raged at by their own team and generally disencouraged from continuing life in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    No one missed the point though. It's really as simple as this.

Someone who plays HotS and doesn't PvP in WoW is BECAUSE, HotS is a PvP game that is DESIGNED for PvP. It is BALANCED around PvP. They don't play PVP in WoW because it is not designed and BALANCED with PvP in mind. Therefore, people don't engage in WoW PvP because of BALANCE.
    HoTS is a game that's designed around giving a valid learning experience in PvP and allowing you to grow as a player. WoW has sort of discarded that stage of PvP and never had as friendly of an entry point into PvP to begin with.

I wonder how many people remember when WoW was removed as an e-Sport and why.

The developers can't be trusted to be sane within a single xpac or even patch-by-patch.

So, even if, and it's not, but even *IF* things were balanced -- you can't expect it to stay balanced longer than a patch.
    This is a *huge* problem and is why I can't take WoW PvP seriously. I gave it an honest try but unless you play FoTM or have *exceptional* skill, you're screwed. Good luck next patch, or xpac.

So they can balance HoTS with a ton of characters with all those dynamics -- but can't do 11 classes with 3 specs each that's been a while for some time? I'm not buying it. Difficult? Yes. Impossible? No.

They just don't appear to be putting forth a sincere effort.

I don't see WoW breaking in to a serious e-sport ever again with this batch of developers. As such, just play FoTM or deal with what you "have fun" with and expect to lose. A lot.

Until then, I can't see this being more than a time consumer and a mild competition.

I do, however, subscribe to the theory that PvP'ers make better PvE raiders than their non-PvP counter-parts as PvP is learning to react to mistakes and learn the dynamics of your spells. Just my opinion and I know many will disagree.

Deleted

Higher rating, i am better! -> not true! (short story)

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    I know its cool to hate on Holinka, but that isnt even remotely what he said.

What he basically said is that most people that want to complain about balance, dont have a high enough pvp ranking to make a good opinion.

Alot of it is basically, random player enters pvp and gets owned. *insert class is OP, my class needs a buff*
    Well honestly.
    Just because "some" people have higher RATING will for sure not know more about "Everything" or be better in all ways.

I want to bring in a fast example here:
    I am 2.2K EXP myself with MANY YEARS of playing in PVP but have never been that "Fighter" but damn do i know a lot about specs, class setups, RBG Tacs? YES.
    I had a lot of people with 2.2K + exp in my guild that wanted to do RBG's and one guy at 2.7K asked to join in, i said no we don't need your spec, he said you're not even 2.4K so dude i am better.

Well i said, who's the one doing & leading RBG's? yeh it's the 2.2K Experienced guy while the 2.7K Complains and can't form his own group ROFL MAO, i also removed him from the Guild after that discussion.

So as i said, Higher Rating = EGO he knows all - not true.

- - - Updated - - -

EHUM... i also lost fate in Holinka, they don't take in players feedback anymore. No connection at all to us. Neither on the forums or anything.
    IF he is asking players he is doing it on twitter??? how about use the game forums instead? i am sure hell not using twitter so.