Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

An addon like ClCRet, to manage rotations.

Hey there, I'm looking for an addon similar to clcRet, a rotational addon that I can adjust which spells go in which rotation. I've tried We Don't Wipe - Arcane, but as far as I can tell, I can't customize the rotation, and they have it want to cast arcane power before prismatic crystal, and at 0 charges as well. Which I obviously don't want it to show.

I've checked all over, including the Altered Time forums, and there is only extremely out dated information. I mean, even on this forum, some of the threads for addon or macro or weak aura help were made years ago and have barely any pages.

Thanks,

Jesus christ why do you need an addon to tell you what to press. Is it really hard to remember a combination of 3 or 4 buttons?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I raid lead, I need to be sure to pay attention to a lot more things than my management of mana, cooldowns, and 'ez combination of 3 or 4 buttons'. I'm making a transition to Mage from Ret, and I need training wheels, and I need to get acclimated as fast as possible, this includes having a rotation.

I understand the rotation, I understand what needs to be done, I just need to worry about other things.

Thank you for your input though, I'll definitely check out the addon that you suggested to me, Durty!

Deleted
    Macro Arcane Power with PC(make sure its cast first in the command line) if its that difficult to keep track of as the CDs line up perfectly, just might have to doubletap the macro button to ensure it casts AP as sometimes it lags. Otherwise just dump Arcane Charges at <90% mana. There's no rotation outside of that besides burn phase whenever you pop PC. If you can't manage that while raid leading then you're out of luck if you're looking to play effectively, regardless if you have an add-on basically playing for you or not.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want to macro Arcane Power to the Prismatic Crystal, because that would result in a DPS loss. A cooldown should never just be recklessly bound to an ability like that, because situations can change. Also, the point of the addon would be for foresight, and mana prediction, moreso than keeping track of the rotation. If I have to move, and my icy floes is down, and I'm sitting at 59 percent mana, I would like to know if I should be preparing for another Arcane or positioning for a evocation. Or if I have my Prismatic Crystal up in x seconds, for the addon to have the foresight to figure out if it's worth it for me to hold two supernova opposed to using the first one I was holding, due to mana percent and mastery bonus.

I have my reasons of asking for an addon, but thank you as well Garrod for your information.

Deleted
    An addon isn't going to be able to make those kinds of decisions for you.

Deleted
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/ovale

Should contain what you want.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    I wouldn't want to macro Arcane Power to the Prismatic Crystal, because that would result in a DPS loss. A cooldown should never just be recklessly bound to an ability like that, because situations can change. Also, the point of the addon would be for foresight, and mana prediction, moreso than keeping track of the rotation. If I have to move, and my icy floes is down, and I'm sitting at 59 percent mana, I would like to know if I should be preparing for another Arcane or positioning for a evocation. Or if I have my Prismatic Crystal up in x seconds, for the addon to have the foresight to figure out if it's worth it for me to hold two supernova opposed to using the first one I was holding, due to mana percent and mastery bonus.

I have my reasons of asking for an addon, but thank you as well Garrod for your information.

You seem to understand what you have to do, why cant you do this by yourself..?

It really isn't that complicated, you only have a few buttons to press.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tzu View Post
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/ovale

Should contain what you want.
    That's awesome, thank you very much for not interrogating me and just answering the question!

Quote Originally Posted by Swoon
    You seem to understand what you have to do, why cant you do this by yourself..?

It really isn't that complicated, you only have a few buttons to press.
    I've literally answered this three times. Also, the amount of players that are telling me that Arcane isn't complex is actually sort of funny. Either MMO-C forums have the best Arcane Mages in the game, or they're not optimizing their mana throughput properly. Either way, I'm neither of those two, so I need the addon until I've adjusted to it. Training wheels.

Thanks again everyone!
    Last edited by Gleipnir; 2015-03-23 at 11:54 PM.

I wouldn't like one for my mage, though I can understand if you are busy managing the raid, especially with arcane, why you would want something like this. I don't know why people act all suprised, it is has been a staple for quite a few classes for a while now. Granted, they are bit more complex, but still. I really used to need clc dk for my DK after not having played him for so long, but have adapted to the priority now. I can see where it is useful for those that have a more complex system of resources outside of simply mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post

So you want something that essentially plays the game for you. The add on you are looking for is honor buddy.

I think you should stop raid leading and focus on dps'ing instead. A raid leader is supposed to be able to do both. You clearly can't.
    ALL CAPS when you spell the man name.

There is this awesome add-on named My Eyes 2.0