What impacts stampede/dire beast/extra pet?

Hi all,

What buffs/pots impact stampede/dire beast/extra pet from 4pc bonus?

These impacts include bestial wrath, focus fire, agility potion, bloodlust, trinkets such as beating heart.

Thanks y'all!

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I'm aware its any stats that your character holds unless stated in a spell as well, i.e. the haste gain from popping focus fire (frenzy stacks only affect ur controllable pet), steady focus to ur controllable pet, all trinket procs (main and secondary stats act dynamically with ur pets now), lust for everything etc.

BW as far as I'm aware only affects u and ur controllable pet, but I pop it after stampede (just incase)

Before WoD everything was a bit skeptical due to snapshots but its allg now

Everything works with everything. Only exceptions would be frenzy (extra pets don't basic attack), cobra strikes, and bestial wrath. Last I remember, bestial wrath didn't have any impact on dire beast, it has no impact on stampede, and whether or not it works on extra pet (from 4p) is irrelevant because it's only alive when you cast BW. Steady focus increases focus regen, which means it does nothing for stampede or 4p pets (they can't spend focus), but works on your primary pet.

Not sure if this was part of your question but I'll just throw it out there just in case: pets do not gain the BUFF of heroism or anything like that, they scale directly off character sheet.

Pets scale with player stats, all of them. The only things that don't (or might not) work are flat % damage increases, such as bestial wrath and boss mechanics from old raids. In wod, focus fire is simply +haste and AP (no weird attack speed/ranged haste thing), giving your pet the same benefits the player receives.

TL;DR:

General rule: buffed hunter = buffed pets
    Dire beast: all except BW
    4p pets: all (whether or not it benefits from BW is irrelevant)
    Stampede pets: all except BW
    NOTHING snapshots
    none of the extra pets spend focus, so things like steady focus do nothing to them.

All pets scale with your character's attack power/agi, and every secondary stat.
    Last edited by Trictagon; 2015-03-25 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    What about Rapid Fire? Is there not any gain in popping it with stampede anymore? I was sure there was in MoP.

Rapid Fire will increase your haste and thus your Stampede pet attack speed. It just hasn't been common so far this xpac since Rapid Fire is MM-only now and Stampede wasn't a talent people took in MM til now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Rapid Fire will increase your haste and thus your Stampede pet attack speed. It just hasn't been common so far this xpac since Rapid Fire is MM-only now and Stampede wasn't a talent people took in MM til now.
    Yeah, I always forget I'm one of that 1% that plays MM no matter what. Thanks fro the confirmation though.

So since im dumb, i want to make sure I have this right. I want to cast pets after i have whatever buffs?

After, before, whatever. Your pets will dynamically update to reflect your stats, so what you're losing is the updated stats on the first swings maybe. But now that Stampede is 40s long, and no buff lasts that long, it just means it'll be buffed for its later swings. It's good habit to do CDs as you're Stampeding, though. Pot/BW/RF, these are all things that are not on the GCD (and BW doesn't even affect Stampede, so moot), and can be popped in the same instant as Stampede. The only one you have to worry about (in BM) is popping Focus Fire beforehand.

After, before, whatever. Your pets will dynamically update to reflect your stats, so what you're losing is the updated stats on the first swings maybe. But now that Stampede is 40s long, and no buff lasts that long, it just means it'll be buffed for its later swings. It's good habit to do CDs as you're Stampeding, though. Pot/BW/RF, these are all things that are not on the GCD (and BW doesn't even affect Stampede, so moot), and can be popped in the same instant as Stampede. The only one you have to worry about (in BM) is popping Focus Fire beforehand.
    Why would u have to pop focus fire beforehand? It's not snapshotting afaik? Opening rotation even uses FF early just to buff your already summoned stampede pets

I only say pop FF beforehand because general habit is to pop a CD before a big CD so you don't waste GCDs during the CD doing it.

That's not applicable to Stampede, as it's a fire-and-forget type of CD, but there are other good reasons. You want every second of Stampede to be under FF, and FF has no CD, so you want to pop it beforehand for the haste+AP, and when it's running out, pop whatever other stacks you have.

Obviously, the opener is the exception as it may be awhile before you get that first FF stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only say pop FF beforehand because general habit is to pop a CD before a big CD so you don't waste GCDs during the CD doing it.
    ^ This. Wasting GCDs during BW on things that don't benefit from the focus reduction is an error in planning and sets you up for a slight dps loss

Thanks all for the feedback.

Another question I have...

How come sometimes I get focused fire/frenzy counts...but I am unable to cast it? Like the icon is greyed out even though there are
    counts that I can activate...

Quote Originally Posted by Heplayer92 View Post
    How come sometimes I get focused fire/frenzy counts...but I am unable to cast it? Like the icon is greyed out even though there are
    You can't fire it off while the buff from a previous cast is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Heplayer92 View Post
    Thanks all for the feedback.

Another question I have...

You could make a /cancelaura macro to remove the old buff when you cast, but it would ?probably? be a dps loss unless you got crazy lucky on stacks in the opener, but your current buff is 1 stack or something - probably worth simming to be sure, my hunter knowledge isn't the best yet.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2015-03-31 at 09:45 AM.

O_o I would, uh, strongly, strongly suggest you don't have a cancelaura for FF; just let the current one expire and then throw the new one on.