MR Robot and pve possible stat

Hi All,

I am fairly new at playing a protection Paladin , so i looked up alot of info on different talents, but i can't make out a good/best talent specc and what stat priorities should match.

So the easiest way to describe it is for instance MR Robot you have 3 possibilities :

PVE Holy shield : stats should be B.Armor > Str > Haste >= Mastery > Stam > Versatility

PVE Seraphim : stats should be B.Armor > Str > Haste > Vers >= Multi >= Crit >

PVE Empowerd seals : stats should be B.Armor > Str > Haste >= Mastery > Stam > Versatility

Probably all speccs are usefull concerning the boss you fight.

But is there a specc that is better in general because everything i read untill now is fuzzy. it says holy shield and seraphim are the top 2 choices, but can anyone clarify why and what is best to take?

Thx for helping a new paladin

Deleted
    It's all about common sense, if you go with Bonus Armory > Haste >= Mastery you can't fail

Regarding talents, Holy Shield is superior on fights with lots of adds (like beastlord) or on fights where there's a lot of sustained magical damage.
    I use Holy Shield on trash mostly, and especially when doing 2man Oregorger hc trash farm because it's an absolute must, 15% extra block + dmg on block is
    just insane. On bosses I prefer Empowered Seals just for the +20% haste since Seraphim got nerfed down to +750 instead of +1000 stats.

Your stat weights are fine, but a little misleading. You don't want to prioritize strength, it will be on every piece of gear you get but you don't want to be running, for instance, strength trinkets. I would for the most part ignore strength, especially while new. Eventually you might want to run a Str pot over a Stam pot but I wouldn't start out that way.

Most prot pallies will tell you the only fight in the entire game you're going to run Empowered Seals on is Mythic Blackhand. The reality is if you aren't raiding in Mythic, then your talent choices don't make much of a difference. Every fight can be done in any talent spec at appropriate gear levels if played well. Otherwise, if you aren't on Blackhand, it goes something like this: If there are lots of adds or lots of magic damage, then go holy shield (holy shield lets you block magic damage). Otherwise, Seraphim *when played well* is the better choice. I stress when played well, that is very important, if your uptime on Seraphim isn't 40-45%+ (50% would be perfect), then do not bother with the talent, you will be weaker compared to holy shield. Empowered Shield as a viable choice is somewhat of a new concept, I personally think it's perfectly usable on all fights, but I would replace Seraphim with it in the above recommendations. I don't think it's as good as Seraphim, but it isn't terribly far behind.

As far as gear goes the poster right above me is 100% correct.

Thx for explaning !

As a new Prot pally myself, switched from Ret in Highmaul due to lack of tanks.

I started out using Holy Shield on all of normal Highmaul, worked like a charm there.
    After 6.1 I have started using EMP seals, stay in SOR, for BRF Normal. Granted, we have only two bosses down (Relaxed and Casual), but for both Gruul and H&F I used EMP Seals. Tried that on Flamebender, but was oneshot on the second flamebreath from the wolves. Tried Holy Shield on Saturday, worked like a charm. Took two Flamebreaths without any CD`s and if i got a third it was no stress on the healers with only Divine Shield. While my Co-Tank was down I could Solo tank 27 stacks of the debuff from Flamebender, with a liberal use of SAC from the other pallies.

Playing with Emp Seals and 50% haste is really fun. Had 60% uptime on SOR for Gruul. It feels like I can react and get out of a potential wipe when the healers are occupied elsewhere.