Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Really appreciate you guys going so in depth with this, and like Yossa pointed out I didn't want to start any super threads here (pretty sure there are better places for it). I'm going to talk with her about these posts and work out something together so we both are on the same page and working together. If she has anymore questions or is looking for some clarification I'll know exactly where to ask next time. You guys are awesome!

Thanks again,

~Blood

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Which is why we say it frees up GCDs. I.e. you can choose to do whatever you want with them.

"Frees up GCDs" =/= "More hps".

P.S.
    Sarcasm is needed for people who can't tell the difference between two very fundamentally different things.
    Again, you seem to miss the point where saying "MB returns more mana than Solace" is very misleading to someone who hasn't crunched the numbers. I give up.

MB or solace is the least of this priests problems. The use of COW imo helps when nobody else is tank healing in fact sometimes you have to go with that. Running with good healers will push down your numbers sometimes as well. Building a new spell priority list starting with bubble spam ending with bubble spam while getting rid of spirit for mastery haste and int and crit untill she is out of mana at the end would help the most I think. As well as using healing tonics over hs and mana pots or int pots. At the bare min heal like a dps - prepot int and int pot at 20 percent. The problems with this playstyle really shows up on Hanz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstreet View Post
    The use of COW imo helps when nobody else is tank healing in fact sometimes you have to go with that.
    I was just going to say something along these lines. I very often run with CoW over WoM because our raid lacks solid tank healers, so while it's probably a slight drop in my overall healing done, at least the tanks stay alive and isn't that better in the end?

Also, isn't there a very good reason to use CoW on Oregorger?

And I agree with a few of the above posts about the PW: Shield glyph. It's not awful, but there are probably better options, especially considering that more often than not you are shielding people at nearly full HP to prevent incoming damage.

With regards to Mindbender or Solace: With the two piece I'm starting to question whether or not I should be using Solace over mindbender. But honestly I'm so conditioned to hitting that button on CD that I don't think it will matter much either way, and having a nearly constant 5 stack ready for every AA cooldown is pretty swell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstreet View Post
    MB or solace is the least of this priests problems. The use of COW imo helps when nobody else is tank healing in fact sometimes you have to go with that. Running with good healers will push down your numbers sometimes as well. Building a new spell priority list starting with bubble spam ending with bubble spam while getting rid of spirit for mastery haste and int and crit untill she is out of mana at the end would help the most I think. As well as using healing tonics over hs and mana pots or int pots. At the bare min heal like a dps - prepot int and int pot at 20 percent. The problems with this playstyle really shows up on Hanz.
    Altho people can go into alot of detail into min maxing MB/solace and mana usage, it still is very important to a healer. Especially disc as more spirit means more shields. But in the end it also depense on your setup and raiding difficulty. For Mythic you are going to need spirit on items, regen trinkets and mana pots and a good usage of either MB or solace.

Also if you get pushed down in numbers by other good healers you are doing something wrong. Disc is about preventing damage. You have to know the damage patterns and prevent the damage on the raid and tanks. No other healer does this. They will heal up the damage you didnt absorb and missed.

I don´t feel like going into the CoW discussion again, please read forum posts if you want to know when it is viable