blood help for h hans

long story short i'm not really geared only 672 ilvl. having troubles surviving on the hans and franz fight during stampers. but the 200k+ auto attacks are just eating me up even with ibf popped. this is while only having 1 shattered vertebrae debuff

You should only need to use externals around 3 stacks, I always pop a cooldown at 2 stacks just to be safe. Get yourself a weak aura that shows shattered vertebrae stacks to help you out more if needed. But the main thing to master is avoid taking any damage from stampers, once you learn to not take any damage from it the fight should be cake, even at your item level.

problem is the 200k hits happening at 1 stack, and no stamper damage involved

What external cd's do you have? I call for either Iron Bark / Hand of Sac / Pain Sup / Vig

You should be utilizing any external cd's like those if needed as well as rune taps / IBF / vamp blood / death pact

just happening randomly in pugs, feel like something else is wrong though to be taking 400+k from auto attacks in 1.5 seconds. almost certain that is only at 1 stack of the debuff

Hmm, hard to tell exactly without logs.

ya figured as much, was just curious if other people used to have the same problem at that gear level

do you have 4 piece? makes a world of difference for our survival, its pretty OP

nope, just mismatched normal mode gear.

I mean 4pc is garbage... A 15-22k shield based on your ilvl for 5-7 melees is meh.

Unless you don't care about actually doing damage. Tier shoulders are awful and the helm isn't even better than Blast Furnace in terms of dps. So you are left with Chest/Legs as your only tier with Blast Helm, Blackhand Shoulders, and Hans/Franz Gloves.

Dks are too powerful to not just push raw damage. We don't need more mitigation. Breath + a lot of MS is more than enough to do 10/10m. Like you literally don't need Mastery on your gear or set bonuses to do this tier. Just Death Strike correctly and use externals when needed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Use IBF, it's not like you need it for suplex.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I mean 4pc is garbage... A 15-22k shield based on your ilvl for 5-7 melees is meh.

Unless you don't care about actually doing damage. Tier shoulders are awful and the helm isn't even better than Blast Furnace in terms of dps. So you are left with Chest/Legs as your only tier with Blast Helm, Blackhand Shoulders, and Hans/Franz Gloves.

Dks are too powerful to not just push raw damage. We don't need more mitigation. Breath + a lot of MS is more than enough to do 10/10m. Like you literally don't need Mastery on your gear or set bonuses to do this tier. Just Death Strike correctly and use externals when needed...
    ^ What Jellos said.

Well, my advice would be to use Rune Tap more often. But like Asethi has said, it's very difficult for us to tell you what's the issue without logs, because we can only speculate. I off tanked H H&F for the first time a few days ago with OS gear ilvl 679 and barely took any damage at all. Only had to pop a Rune Tap for Suplex but that's it. And you should not be getting hit by stompers, it's extremely easy to avoid. Instead of running against the conveyor belt, run on the stationary strip in between belts so you don't suffer any pushback from the belts.

What healer set up were you running with? Maybe your group's healers were reactive healers, making it much more risky with all the spike damage Blood DKs take.