Question about garrisons when faction changing

Hi, I'm currently on the Alliance and wanted to inquire about a few things concerning the garrisons and what happens when you faction change. I read up on this topic and there were apparently a lot of issues with glitches and things messing up with followers when people switched to the other faction. I've also read that a lot of these were bugs that got fixed later on in the 6.1 patch. Has anyone recently had any issues concerning their garrison when faction switching, I'm curious if there are still problems with this.

Also how does this affect followers still? From what I've read traits change, but I want to know if skills do, for example the ability for a follower to work in a mine, or be an enchanter, or other specific skills of that nature. Do those change as well, or do they stay the same as they were before? ie. a follower who had a skill for mining and working in the mine, when faction changing to Horde will this follower have that changed as well and no longer have the mining skill? Thanks for your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaydross View Post
    Hi, I'm currently on the Alliance and wanted to inquire about a few things concerning the garrisons and what happens when you faction change. I read up on this topic and there were apparently a lot of issues with glitches and things messing up with followers when people switched to the other faction. I've also read that a lot of these were bugs that got fixed later on in the 6.1 patch. Has anyone recently had any issues concerning their garrison when faction switching, I'm curious if there are still problems with this.

Also how does this affect followers still? From what I've read traits change, but I want to know if skills do, for example the ability for a follower to work in a mine, or be an enchanter, or other specific skills of that nature. Do those change as well, or do they stay the same as they were before? ie. a follower who had a skill for mining and working in the mine, when faction changing to Horde will this follower have that changed as well and no longer have the mining skill? Thanks for your time.
    The only bug I got was as if I always had a 10 work orders on Mines completed. It was only a visual, but sometimes it was annoying as you didn't knew how much you actually had completed.

Regarding the followers, they only switch to their other faction counterpart (For example Vivianne is Delvar Ironfist). Quality remains the same, abilities change if the counterpart is different class and racial traits change to reflect new faction.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    The only bug I got was as if I always had a 10 work orders on Mines completed. It was only a visual, but sometimes it was annoying as you didn't knew how much you actually had completed.
    I got this bug as well and have been dealing with it for a while now. Did you find a way to fix it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -nollie View Post
    I got this bug as well and have been dealing with it for a while now. Did you find a way to fix it?
    Unfortunately not.