Unholy DK needs help, logs included.

Hello fellow DK's!!

I am desperately in need of help with my DPS.
    Im practicing a lot on my target dummy to get my rotation right. I have a feeling im doing it right and im using WA for my rotation but my damage compared to my ilvl sucks imo.

I got some logs at the bottom to give an insight on how im doing.

I hope you peeps can give me a few tips and correct me were im doing it wrong.

Cheers!!

Driska

reports/tJ6APQ7cqxfFp8Zw#boss=-2

First and foremost I think your issue is creating a forum thread instead of posting in the "help my dps" thread. Correcting little mistakes like that will improve your ability to not only play your DK but will also improve you as a person.

1. There is a thread for that in the Stickies above.
    2. No armory included
    3. That link doesn't work.
    Last edited by Breyers; 2015-03-30 at 09:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Driska View Post
    Hello fellow DK's!!

I am desperately in need of help with my DPS.
    Im practicing a lot on my target dummy to get my rotation right. I have a feeling im doing it right and im using WA for my rotation but my damage compared to my ilvl sucks imo.

I got some logs at the bottom to give an insight on how im doing.

I hope you peeps can give me a few tips and correct me were im doing it wrong.

Cheers!!

Driska

reports/tJ6APQ7cqxfFp8Zw#boss=-2
    Target dummies dont mean shit. I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone;
    practice practice PRACTICE. Meaning join a pug raid. then join another one when that one falls apart or is over. test yourself in a REAL RAID setting with real players and real mechanics against a real boss! Hope there are other UH DKs in the group and gauge yourself against them. See what their top damaging moves are in skada. check their gear. ask questions if they are beating you in DPS. then join another pug and repeat.
    I pug H Blackhand every day. I like to see if other DKs are in the raid which is direct competition. One time I saw the one and only Magdalena! ( I verified if it was the real person by asking about his old website and that graveyard EJ). It was nice to raid with a master and see where I am at. we ere 2k from each other in the same ilevel bracket. Few tiems I ran into 9/10 Mythic DKs and I wasn't far off from them on the charts.

Practice practice PRACTICE. it is so easy to get into a H pug these days. Keep running them over and over and over again if you have the time. NOT LFR. N and H pugs
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    I'm gonna quickly go over what you should be looking at when checking your own logs for performance:

Generally:
    - NP/BoS uptime +95% for NP. In case of BoS you should ask: Could it have been better? How? - Fix that.
    - Soul Reaper uptime should be +35% depending on the boss.
    - Do you soak magic abilities to get back runic power on the mechanics you can without challenging healers? Have a dialog with them.
    - Are you pooling RP for when timmy's transformation drops off?

Moving onto the bosses:

Gruul:
    - NP uptime seems fine.
    - Soul Reaper uptime is very low (17%) - easily fixed with a cooldown WA and always having a rune ready.
    - You're not soaking the inferno slice. Soak it every time you can. Remember to have 30 runic power at maximum when you soak.
    - RP pooling for timmy is hard to judge. Looking at the graph, it looks like you're pooling for him.

Oregorger:
    - NP uptime seems relatively low. (75%) - try to extend it during the first phase to about 45 or so seconds.
    - Soul Reaper uptime is low again (17%)
    - You have to soak the explosive shard with AMS here every time you can. It's about 80 runic power.
    - You hit 100 RP and stayed at that for almost one whole minute (from 2 minutes to 3 minutes into the fight).

Beastlord
    - NP uptime seems fine.
    - Soul Reaper uptime was really, really low. (10%)
    - Soak tantrums with AMS. Yields about 90 RP.
    - blood boil damage seemed really low. You should have a 2 death runes ready for blood boiling for every beastpack, and Death and Decay all you can (sometimes even on tightly placed spears).
    - Spread NP to spears if they are close to the boss. Don't bother spreading to 1 spear. Hit atleast 2.

Etc. - I went over this pretty fast.