Help With Logs? Disc Priest

Here is one of the better attempts from last night and a kill of Blast Furnace:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=4

Here is the previous night with the rest of our kills:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ght=5&source=4

I feel pretty inconsistent with my heals. I did drop some haste going in to the Blast Furnace and BH attempts, which kind of threw off my rhythm with a slight change in GDC, but really, that's can't be an excuse. My parses are low and I can say that I have focused on better timing of PW:S with better casts of CoW (although I seem to fail miserably on CoW). I have having a hard time with feeling comfortable with CoW. The cast time is very long and no matter if I prep CoW for big damage on tanks first or second, my PW:S is late or unused with how long it takes (It feels like). I am using AA and using the EAA most of the time for PoH, but I feel one place I can improve is getting my stacks higher in the process.

I am wondering if anyone would have a few to look over just my numbers and help with what I am doing wrong. These are progression/wipes on BH and there was a lot of avoidable damage in the group through learning. That's why I posted the other logs as well to give a better idea. Any help is greatly appreciated. I seem to lack the connection in understanding and putting it into action.

Deleted
    You have a holy pala so there isn´t relly a need to go CoW aside from maybe hans and franz and Thogar, you will loose focus on the thing you are best at: Preventing damage on the raid. Just make sure to keep Pw:s on them.

Your AA uptime can be better on some fights, and you also shouldn´t be casting PoH outside of EAA unless you have 4 set, but from armory i can see you don´t. For a better uptime and tracking i recommend weak auras or tellmewhen. Make sure its visible and if u need it make it move/have sounds.

Dont hard cast PoM, its not worth it, WoM should do that for you.

Other then that generally just make sure you cast alot of Pw:s and know when damage is incoming to pre shield the raid. Time your EAA PoH and keep cascade up.

Thanks Shin. The only thing I worry about is most healing profiles include CoW. I am guessing that is probably healing comp. Obviously if I take CoW, I have to hard cast PoM. I appreciate you taking the time to look at my logs. My parses have been really low and very depressing.

Deleted
    I'm not entirely sure where you get that most people are running CoW. I find it to be largely the opposite. I run with WoM for every fight except maidens, the only time I can see use for CoW is when there are only a small number of people (4 or less should be about right) taking damage at once, and you need to support them more during weakened soul. Otherwise you're better off shielding more targets with PW:S. Honestly I think this is why you find CoW confusing to use, it's just not really that useful, and you're better off doing most fights with WoM.

Looking at your blackhand logs, the first thing that stands out to me is very low uptime on Archangel. Some tries you're in the 20%s or even lower, realistically you should be looking to be at 50% or higher. This basically requires prioritising getting out more holy fires/penances so you can pop a 5-stack every time it comes off CD. Saving archangel until you need the empowered POH is basically denying yourself extra shield strength/healing until you cast it. The other thing I'd look at is getting Mindbender up more often, you have some 4-5minute tries with only 1 or 2 benders. You may not 'need' the mana upfront, but sparing 1 global for it whenever you aren't full is going to help you in the long run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrianna View Post
    Obviously if I take CoW, I have to hard cast PoM.
    No you don't. Only reason you take WoM cause if you dont need CoW its the only other talent worth taking. PoM isn´t worth hard casting cause of the healing it does its a waste to spend time casting it, but the free healing from WoM (cause it goes off itself) is okay enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrianna View Post
    Thanks Shin. The only thing I worry about is most healing profiles include CoW. I am guessing that is probably healing comp. Obviously if I take CoW, I have to hard cast PoM. I appreciate you taking the time to look at my logs. My parses have been really low and very depressing.
    you never cast pom as disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Futton View Post
    I'm not entirely sure where you get that most people are running CoW. I find it to be largely the opposite. I run with WoM for every fight except maidens, the only time I can see use for CoW is when there are only a small number of people (4 or less should be about right) taking damage at once, and you need to support them more during weakened soul. Otherwise you're better off shielding more targets with PW:S. Honestly I think this is why you find CoW confusing to use, it's just not really that useful, and you're better off doing most fights with WoM.
    In my opinion, CoW can be very useful depending on your healing composition. I run with 2druids/holy priest and I find CoW quite useful/powerful for tank healing. If we had a paladin then I would most likely be going with WoM. While it always makes more sense to prevent damage rather than react to it, if you have an overabundance of AoE healers, bubble spam isn't an absolute necessity.