Thread: SMF vs TG

SMF vs TG

Hey there! Warrior noob here. Our guild has received a sudden influx in leather users while we only have 1 DK and 1 holy paladin for plate gear. I offered to switch from melee leather to plate to help spread the gear around about as we progress next tier. I've not touched warrior though since WotLK. I've looked through the logs and seen that Fury seems to be the choice on the majority of fights, however I can't see if TG or SMF is being used.

Which one is currently the better choice and why?

The better choice is whichever you have the best weapons for. If you put two evenly geared and skilled fury warriors in a group(1 TG and 1 SMF) and they happened to have the same RNG, there might be a few hundred dps difference depending on the encounter.

The only best choice is the one you have better weapons for.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimite View Post
    The better choice is whichever you have the best weapons for. If you put two evenly geared and skilled fury warriors in a group(1 TG and 1 SMF) and they happened to have the same RNG, there might be a few hundred dps difference depending on the encounter.

The only best choice is the one you have better weapons for.
    What he said. Technically TG has a very slight edge in heavy AOE fights due to slightly higher whirlwind damage, but better weapons will outweigh weapon type currently.

Ok, thank you for the help.

Deleted
    TG will also have somewhat higher health due to the higher stamina on 2hs, but again you should just go with whatever you have the best weapons for.

In the long run you want to get 2H weapons, because a lot of fights currently have need for aoe. But overall go with the highest itemlevel weapons you can acquire

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

The word is that TG=AoE fights and SMF for ST fights.

I'd just go with the 2 highest iLvl weapons. I have 2 Heroic WF 1-Handers so I don't bother switching to TG on AoE fights though.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing is that in our guild. We only have 1 Leather wearer T.T
    I have a Rhok'delar, jelly?

TG outweighs SMF on aoe fights because bladestorm and whirlwind are based off of weapon damage.

At the same time if you have better 1handers than 2handers than the SMF will outweigh on an AoE fight.

Its really just dependent on the weapons at the end of the day.

Like I pla TG and run 1 mythic 2h and 1 heroic 2h but if get a mythic 1h off of kromog or gruul next week then ill have 2 mythic 1h and ill go SMF.