Lightbulb [Balance] Help Increase DPS - With Logs

Hello dear MMO Community! Our 10/10 Heroic Team (2% on Mythic Hans, phew...) is looking to improve our performance, and I am really hoping you brilliant boomkin minds can help with our boomie, Florellena. Logs included below. We are looking for rotation tips, glyph/talent choices, and anything they can do to really increase their DPS (currently ranking a bit below average in the percentiles, but they took a bit of a break and are coming back to the game so somewhat rusty). ANY tips or things you see going wrong would be a huge help to our team.

Thank you so much!!!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...9AZXpj#boss=-2

I would start by telling him to bind Starfall to some key, because he clearly doesn't have it judged by how little he's used it.

Oregorger: You're meant to starfall the crates in P2. He didn't use Starfall at all.
    Darmac: You're meant to starfall the spears and the pack beasts. Used Starfall twice.
    Flamebender: You're meant to starfall the dogs. Didn't use Starfall at all.
    Kromog: You're meant to starfall the hands. Used Starfall once.
    Thogar: You're meant to starfall the adds. Used Starfall twice.
    Maidens: You're meant to starfall when all 3 are there. Used Starfall 7 times.
    Furnace: Now we all know that this fight is primarily single target, but he only used Starfall twice, and he was in the Feldspar side.
    Blackhand: Guessing he wasn't on the balcony team as he only used Starfall once (which was on the balcony).

So yeah, for starters, moar starfall. Starfall does lose some value in specific fights when you have a lot of AoE classes (Thogar for example) but still, to say he's underusing it is an understatement in itself.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2015-04-24 at 02:47 PM.

Simple fix! Just to help me clarify to them, is it expected to use the starfall glyph or to dot and then star fall? I am not a boomkin so it could be a no brainer question. I definitely see that tip helping a ton. Is there anything else you see, ignoring the obvious starfall tip.

I'm at work so I can't really look the logs in detail. Will do when I go home. Yeah starfall should pretty much always be glyphed in boss fights (I actually always have it glyphed regardless of setting). The only fight where you might want it unglyphed is in Imperator (not that relevant anymore) and even there you can have it glyphed and play around with your positioning, to make it work.

Also I can't be looking around for his armory (due to work stuff and Blizzard's site being too WoW-y), but either he doesn't have the 4pc, or he's not utilizing it at all. If it's the former, then get him the 4pc, if it's the latter then he'll have to learn to play with it (for example on Gruul you can easily reduce Celestial Alignment - your major dps cooldown- to 1.5 min and thus use it 3 times in a 3.30 fight instead of 2. Based on the fact that he always uses Incarnation with CA together, I'd be guessing he doesn't have the 4pc though.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2015-04-24 at 02:50 PM.

You are correct, no 4 piece. We just recruited them, and they took a break prior to us finding them But they should have the 4 piece in a week. I am guessing that accounts for some dps as well.

Thank you for being so willing to help, I really appreciate your time and experienced insight. Every bit helps!

Both the 2pc and 4pc bonus are pretty spectacular dps-wise for boomkin and if you learn to play around the 4pc bonus it can make a world of difference.

I'll try to find more stuff when I get home but it's difficult to judge the numbers themselves when I am so used to the 4pc. That said, starfall alone will bump the damage by a lot.

Thank you, that is very good to know. Again, really appreciate it! Looking forward to seeing if you can spot any other lil tidbits Thank you!! Hope work flies by for ya!

Looking at the gruul fight, there is a big issue in the opener, just fixing this will account for a lot of damage, swapping out SoN for a BRF trinket should be quite huge too.

There are a few different openers, personally I prefer the safer version of inc -> prepot + trinket wrath -> CA starsurge -> moonfire -> starfire x 2 -> starsurge etc...
    First of all it allows your rppm trinkets to be up for 20 seconds each during the opener where all your throughput is.
    also hes not using SoN for the opener for whatever reason.

his first starsurge comes off roughyl 2.5 seconds later than what I suggest.
    this means something like 0.5 seconds downtime though. He seems to wait quite some time both before and after he casts moonfire, losing total of perhaps 2-3 seconds, which would account for 2x starfires + starsurge, which is pretty damn huge. (320k damage to be more exact.) which is a 33% damage increase.

he pops CA before the fight starts when he has to wait for pull timer to run out before he casts, this is something the opener I suggest has no issues with. He does not utilize the end of the CA (when there is 1-0 seconds left on the timer) for applying dots or casting starsurge. (while he gets the dots up again it's either too early or should be followed by a starsurge, I guess.

also as for where you are popping BL are you guys like somehow brain injured all of you or just the one leading this shit? No offense.

as for overall play hes using way too many solar starsurges, personally I find that to be very situational to wheter or not you should use it (movement, proccs etc.) , but as a general rule don't use it unless you are at 2 stacks of starsurge.

Thank you for the advice! I'm sure they will be working to perfect their opener and see some improvement there.

As for BL, yes, we are all brain damaged. We collected all the brain damaged raiders we could find and made a WoW support group, it has been great!! But seriously, heroic is a joke for us at this point, we do it solely to gear fresh recruits, so at times we're like "oh ya guess we should hero".... also just a heads up, saying "No offense" doesn't make a rude comment come across any more rude (you could have easily stated, "You should also timewarp at the beginning, as it makes no sense where you currently use it".) But hey, not everyone posts here to make friends or make their mamas proud!

The itemization is kinda bad she has way less mastery gear on. Mastery really plays a big role and they need to work better with itemization also.