What if this was the only way PvPers can get geared....?

Instead of going into BGs now and grind honor... what if once they reached level 100, the only initial "PvP" (notice my quotation) gear they had was the quest rewards on their back and/or some mid/intermediate level crafted items? then... once they reached level 100, their only option to get better gear was to go out into the world and use their gathering and production profession to make stronger "PvP" gear? If you start early, around mid or late expansion, you can go around and try to gank other people from the other factions who tries to gear up through minning/leather working/tailoring... or you can stop opposite faction from killing guys from ur own faction.

...Keep the gap in the ilevel between freshly max character and completely smithed gear be same as now I suppose? what if this was the gearing method rather than current grinding honor/conquest? I guess, if you're a rogue you have to buy rings and neck from jewel crafter and weapon from Blacksmith... etc.
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2015-04-24 at 11:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    Instead of going into BGs now and grind honor... what if once they reached level 100, the only initial "PvP" (notice my quotation) gear they had was the quest rewards on their back and/or some mid/intermediate level crafted item? then... once they reached level 100, their only option to get better gear was to go out into the world and use their gathering and production profession to make stronger "PvP" gear? If you start early, around mid or late expansion, you can go around and try to gank other people from the other factions who tries to gear up through minning/leather working/tailoring... or you can stop opposite faction from killing guys from ur own faction.

...Keep the gap in the ilevel between freshly max character and completely smithed gear be same as now I suppose? what if this was the gearing method rather than current grinding honor/conquest? I guess, if you're a rogue you have to buy rings and neck from other profession and weapon from Blacksmith... etc.
    If this is to work, which in a vaccum could, then you need to keep all the resoursses you need to farm closed in an area like Ashran. The world is simply just too huge for any pvp to happend between these farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    If this is to work, which in a vaccum could, then you need to keep all the resoursses you need to farm closed in an area like Ashran. The world is simply just too huge for any pvp to happend between these farmers.
    No, the resources have to be spread out like how it would be like today, with spawning mine nodes/herb plants all over the world. This is how you can go out and try to "search" for people... lol, but however, the "max nodes" will only spawn in a few "end level" zones... you know the "last few zones" of questing. End zones.

...but to prevent other zone from being ignored completely, I think max nodes should spawn in the lower level zones too... but at lower frequency I suppose.
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2015-04-24 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    I'll bite on this too: This is PvE. Crafting all your PvP gear is .. well.. not PvP.

You're also missing a critical fact: We have connected servers now. What would stop someone from collecting their materials on a PVE server ? Alternatively, what would stop someone from buying the materials with gold ?

So heres the deal: You like World PvP. The majority of PvPers, apperantly, do not. If they would, you'd all be out there happily world PvPing, rather than talking about the lack of World PvP here. This is what Blizzard wanted to do with their PvP, and they've been fairly consistent on this for the last decade, it won't be back to the way it was.

Anyhow, my mods are almost finished downloading (some of us play other games too, shocking I know), so I'll leave you to reminisce about how much better the past was. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    I'll bite on this too: This is PvE. Crafting all your PvP gear is .. well.. not PvP.

You're also missing a critical fact: We have connected servers now. What would stop someone from collecting their materials on a PVE server ? Alternatively, what would stop someone from buying the materials with gold ?

So heres the deal: You like World PvP. The majority of PvPers, apperantly, do not. If they would, you'd all be out there happily world PvPing, rather than talking about the lack of World PvP here. This is what Blizzard wanted to do with their PvP, and they've been fairly consistent on this for the last decade, it won't be back to the way it was.

Anyhow, my mods are almost finished downloading (some of us play other games too, shocking I know), so I'll leave you to reminisce about how much better the past was. Have fun.
    Nothing wrong with buying ur mat on the AH or... although I'm not sure about the PvE zone thing. GEEZE... I didn't think it was THATTT big of a deal for PvPer to go out into the world and gather mats for their PvP gear. I didn't know they HAVEE to wowowowow faceroll PvP action action action 24/7 at every waking moment. WoW.
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2015-04-24 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, as a PvPer, I think this is a bad idea. I don't know why anyone would want this. Sorry man

Better question: Why does there have to be an ilvl gear grind for pvp? Lock stats in at a particular ilvl for entire xpac. Oh, yeah, that means Blizz would have to balance for pvp...nevermind.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    Nothing wrong with buying ur mat on the AH or... although I'm not sure about the PvE zone thing. GEEZE... I didn't think it was THATTT big of a deal for PvPer to go out into the world and gather mats for their PvP gear. I didn't know they HAVEE to wowowowow faceroll PvP action action action 24/7 at every waking moment. WoW.
    If it is not a bad idea to by the stuff off the AH, then what is the incentive this whole going out in the world to provoke wpvp in the first place, seems you have not this out clearly enough. Maybe you should give it some more thought and get back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    If it is not a bad idea to by the stuff off the AH, then what is the incentive this whole going out in the world to provoke wpvp in the first place, seems you have not this out clearly enough. Maybe you should give it some more thought and get back to us.
    ......you basically said 100% of PvPer have 500,ooo+ gold. Yes or no did you not just say this? The mat gathering itself is not just for pvp... what is for the pvping is the actual trying to gouge the other player's eye out. The mat gathering can have something to do with pvp I guess... but in my mind... I wanted the mat gathering to just be something PvP player do... so they feel more close to and be connected with their gear. You know... more immersed and treasuring of their gear, feeling more possessive of it. That's what I thought the intention of the mat gathering was too be. Having a possible effect of evoking world pvp is only secondary... or if it's really even there. That's not what I intended the mat gathering to be.

If you feel like you actually mined the stuff, melt it, and smash a hammer on the molten metal to make the plate armor, you'll feel closer to your gear than if you just grind honor in BG and have some dude hand you gears who know how he mass produced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    Honestly, as a PvPer, I think this is a bad idea. I don't know why anyone would want this. Sorry man
    It's ok....... I didn't get too angry toward, you, for rejecting my idea.
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2015-04-25 at 01:10 AM.