Archeology missions??

Im not sure what idiot came up with this but what the actual fudge?

Everytime i spend 4-6hours straight on farming arch on my pristine character i get like 15+ missions for fragments etc- ON ALTS?!
    It's a clusterfuck stupid to skill arch on multiple characters already, and seeing pristines arent accountwide i ask myself, why would i ever want fragments on an alt? why did they do this, it makes no sense whatsoeverintheentirefuckinguniverse..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck pristines to begin with ;_;
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta agree with you. Have max on an alt and farm pristines as well, started getting missions on my main who only has a skill of 75. The fragments are useless to her and sure, you can send the tablets away but what good does it do a toon who doesn't even do the prof at all.

Interesting, so you have to do archeology to get these missions. I was wondering why I would get them occasionally - but they are so rare seems even more rare than bling's vault is for me. But, I don't do much archeology so that explains it. Did not know the more archeology I do the more of these missions I get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    Fuck pristines to begin with ;_;
    Gotta agree, bullshit time gate.

Gathering the pristines could still be somewhat fun to certain people. The 'collect 20 of each' achievements from MoP were just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    but they are so rare seems even more rare than bling's vault is for me.
    well i got 12missions up after last night. 0 of them on the char i do arch with. it's over 600 frags when i checked with some quick headmath.

600+ frags for my last 2 pristines would be more helpful than this stupid shit they think is funny to torture us with.

I'm still trying to get my archaeology crap resolved. I have over 30 rare items now, it should've gave me the achievement but I guess sometime in novemeber it reset and only shows I completed 10. Even though I have the 20 achievement...

What Yindoo said..
    And you should probably redirect the question back to yourself, since you only get those missions on alts that learned Archaeology..

There seems to be a time based something in those missions. All of my alts get them at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Im not sure what idiot came up with this but what the actual fudge?

Everytime i spend 4-6hours straight on farming arch on my pristine character i get like 15+ missions for fragments etc- ON ALTS?!
    It's a clusterfuck stupid to skill arch on multiple characters already, and seeing pristines arent accountwide i ask myself, why would i ever want fragments on an alt? why did they do this, it makes no sense whatsoeverintheentirefuckinguniverse..
    Yeah, my main rarely sees any missions at all but my alt sees them a lot. I just do them just because, but I wish they'd pop on my main more. Sure I can turn in crates for the missions, but I also need those for Tol'vir since the mount won't ever pop >>

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    You get 1 (one) mission every ~ 4 weeks.
    That's not true. As I've seen the same mission pop up a few times in less than 4 weeks. Especially since it's been 2 months since 6.1 and I've done at least 10 or so on my alts.

As far as I can tell, they only spawn in the initial missions after the server was restarted, but they appear not to be in the normal mission pool to respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    You get 1 (one) mission every ~ 4 weeks.
    and yet i didnt get mission on all alts who has (1) skill in arch.
    And i find it really hard to beileve that i managed to time my 4 longest farms with the exact timer mission on other chars, whilst some had 2 missions.

But if you can provide a blue with this i'd rest my case.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think arch is the most screwed up profession in the game, bar none.

Yes, I only do arch on 1 toon, my main. However, every single level 100 alt has gotten fragment missions pop, EXCEPT THE MAIN. Sigh. The alts are also getting the bonus to solve items from missions, but at least those are account bound, so I mail them to the main for use.

I look at that profession overall, and here's what I see: somebody who likes to think about history, and who likes to make up the names and descriptions on the items, but who has absolutely NO design clue what is fun and what is not fun. I looked around at the Draenor map the other day, and I had 4 Draenor Clan digsites all in super remote spots on the map, and I said... uh... no. The amount of travel time required for it in Draenor is just annoying, akin to Kalimdor. It's so bad I've been thinking of going back to Pandaria and using the MoP crates to trade for WoD crates, even at the terrible exchange rate, because I think it might be faster.