Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    That depends on how much time your guild raids / week.

"anyone serious" is a very malleable term that's hardly fit to be used in any sort of argumentation.
    Anyone serious is on a weekly schedule with a regular group. By this point, I find it difficult to believe that that group has much more to gain from bosses that they've been farming for what is now, several months. If you have, then you either started late or had a lot of turnover in the group - at that point the collective seriousness becomes questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    And how is it a "bad fight"?
    I think the susceptibility to disconnecting players on phase changes is probably a good start for that argument; and not really sure it need go further. Encounters need to be, first and foremost, stable.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-05-03 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think the susceptibility to disconnecting players on phase changes is probably a good start for that argument; and not really sure it need go further. Encounters need to be, first and foremost, stable.
    Haven't noticed any disconnects during phase changes, only the lift/elevator caused disconnects for some sometimes.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    To be honest, everyone who wanted him down already have him down, as even casual guilds have him down already.
    This is so very wrong.
    At this point my team will be lucky to get Normal finished before 6.2 is out.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

If they added a reason to queue for heroics a la TBC, WotLK, Cata, and MoP, there would be less complaining. People could always farm 1-2 heroics a day to move closer to the next upgrade.

I have hope for 6.2. Tanaan Jungle looks intriguing, with i650 loot handed out and there being a chance at i685. Mythic dungeons will fill that gap that Heroics played by offering i685 loot for bosses that have higher health but still do not have any new mechanics--i.e., it can actually be pugged.

EDIT: To people saying the pacing is fine and even needs to be slowed b/c their guild has not killed Blackhand, sorry but this argument is weak. There were guilds not able to kill Garrosh Hellscream outside of Flex just before WoD.... 14 months not enough? Would you guys wish we were still on 5.4 so these guys had a chance to kill Garrosh Hellscream while current? No. That is silly. There is a fine balance between having a tier that is way too short (arguably Ulduar) and having a tier so long that all guilds that "could do it" did it, and all other guilds broke up in frustration with many of the raiders' subs cancelled.
    Last edited by Balazzar; 2015-05-03 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Haven't noticed any disconnects during phase changes, only the lift/elevator caused disconnects for some sometimes.
    So far it happened once for me during P1 -> P2.
    Once in 100+ tries on HC though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    This is so very wrong.
    At this point my team will be lucky to get Normal finished before 6.2 is out.
    Not trying to be offensive, but how is that possible, pugs are doing 10/10 heroic,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    Not trying to be offensive, but how is that possible, pugs are doing 10/10 heroic,
    Maybe the members of his guild have less skill and gear than the average PuG player?
    PuGs that do 10/10 HC are usually led by experienced raiders who play alts.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    how is that possible
    We only raid once a week, for around 4 hours. People just aren't showing up anymore.
    If we spend another month on thogar then i'm not showing up anymore either lol.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    To be honest, stop repeating that, it doesn't become true just because you want to parade your own epeen in every post.

Only 274 guilds so far have 10/10M. There's 302 guilds at 9/10M and about another 260 at 8/10M, 160 at 7/10M and a scant few at 6/10M.
    That's your top 1000 guilds (still a small, tiny fraction of the total playerbase) - I really don't think those 1000 can be considered very "casual" in the sense of raiding progression - they're all hardcore as shit - they still have plenty to do.
    Casual means they raid only once or twice a week. http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/.../Group+Therapy - this casual guild got it 3 weeks ago.

Deleted
    this casual guild got it 3 weeks ago.
    Not a casual guild by any means, try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    If we spend another month on thogar then i'm not showing up anymore either lol.
    Totally understandable. Once progress stalls for that long, things cease to be fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Anyone serious is on a weekly schedule with a regular group. By this point, I find it difficult to believe that that group has much more to gain from bosses that they've been farming for what is now, several months. If you have, then you either started late or had a lot of turnover in the group - at that point the collective seriousness becomes questionable.

Stable you say? But he listed Lei-shen, where atleast 4-5 people in my raid group would hit 5-10fps when stampede was being used on that particular fight.

Deleted
    Stable you say? But he listed Lei-shen, where atleast 4-5 people in my raid group would hit 5-10fps when stampede was being used on that particular fight.
    That's an issue with undisciplined Hunters, not the boss. You should have forbidden them to use that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going through progress on Blackhand in two seperate groups, having it held up by disconnects between the first and second phases persistently, is annoying; and isn't excused by issues elsewhere in the game. Even so, what you describe was issue with a specific ability that underwent several post-launch changes because of issues primarily with Recount users, and which thanks to those changes stopped being quite such an issue later that expansion.

yes WOW is dead on EU,hoping to see something "new" in 6.2 but thats gonna last for 2 days from what i have seen

10+ Year Old Account
    i think this is another thread bitching about lack of content... i admit it's a bit longer than usual before we see a major content patch, but we haven't had one yet. yeah the game slows down a little at the end game, if it bothers you that much then you could quit or simply play another game
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Yes, it is perfectly OK. And you are entirely wrong about .001% - it is, in fact, 0.5%
    I said .001% of the playerbase ie, what I assumed to be about 8 million. What you're referring to is the number of guilds relative to the amount of guilds that killed a single boss in Normal mode.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Deleted
    I think good enough people will raid and do "welcome to the jungle - we got fun n games".
    I will not, but I will level alts and earn enough gold to be pleased and that might take a year or so, havent got much gametime. Then it's wait and see what next xpac brings, since timewalking didn't bring back old wg, and no new bg will happen so... well.