Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Then everyone would use exp heirlooms transmogged as Legendaries, or the Legendaries themselves. They're still graphically better than any gear 1-59, and the best thing you could hope to transmog any leveling weapon to. You're not fixing a problem by introducing features that are just as gameable. As soon as you open that option up, there's no reason to not have a Legendary heirloom knowing that they become account-wide and accessible from L1 and are BIS damage weapons.
    I'm not sure what transmog has to do with it, other people are bringing that up yes, but OP himself said "no transmog" specifically.

I would say so. There's no suspense of disbelief for social behaviour. Let's face it, if everyone had access to legendaries for alts, everyone would use them. Except the new players, who would be wondering why they're seeing everyone using the same weapons from 1-90. There's no reason to ever transmog out of a Legendary, is there?
    I disagree. I have Tarecgosa I acquired during the last week Firelands was current content. If it was transmoggable, I would NOT always have my weapon transmogrified to it, nor would many other players with it.
    I would use it sometimes, with some sets, but when I'm using various other sets, I'd have other weapons transmogged.

Sometimes I might even be using a wand/sword and offhand, so it wouldn't be applicable. Other times I might prefer a different look (e.g. for my red fire mage set I have my staff transmogged to Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time).

I definitely think legendaries should be able to be transmogrified and other weapons transmogrified to look like them. Just because its an option doesn't mean every rogue is always going to show the warglaives, or every healer Val'anyr, etc.

Just because its an option doesn't mean every rogue is always going to show the warglaives, or every healer Val'anyr, etc.
    Exactly, the only argument against it in fact is that "everyone will have them and use them". Of course no ! Legendaries are for most of them rare drops, for exemple, i took a little bit more than two years to drop the missing bound of the windseeker i needed, TWO YEARS; i have a friend who's farm the Warglaives since Cataclysm, and didn't have one of them yet.
    Has for Shadowmourne of Dragon wrath, they are the results of at least two or three month of work, not everyone has the patience to do that, believe me.

Saying that legendary heirlooms would be BIS, and would incent everyone to farm them, this is simply irrelevant: today, legendaries are absolutly worthless, yet, people still farm them; making them become BIS would change nothing at that matter of fact.

Like i said in a previous post, rare mounts like Invincible or Mimiron's head are now easily available for everyone, because you can annihilate the Lich-king and Yog-saron in a coupe of minutes without any risk; but how many time players will pass to kill those bosses before drop those mounts? RNG decides, it can be the first time, or it can be in ten years; i have again an exemple of this: i had a guildmate who killed Attumen every week with ten different characters, eventualy, it took him one year and a half to have the mount.

Making legendary weapons heirlooms will not change the way of thinking of the players, who already wants their legendaries; and, do you really think that everyone has legendaries? Not of all, if legendaries were becoming heirlooms, you would see a very little amount of players using them, become they are still rare, because the drops are very low, of because it take a few months to complete them.
    The thing is not to make legendaries all-powerfull than they were before, the thing is to make them useful again, that's all.

For me, i would like to see legendaries transmog available, it is only a few lines of code to change; but i will not perforce use them; and you know what? Everyone who would use legendary transmog would be tagged as "noob" or worse by other players as soon they would see him.

One last thing: you has taken the exemple of the bike who would had 10% speed more than the other mounts, so everyone would use it; you're wrong, you don't take count of players preferences: i only use mounts i like, not those who are "better"; and be sure i'm not the only one.

Again, one last really thing (promise): legendaries are not legendaries because of their rarity, they are legendaries because of their story. Story, or history makes the legend, this is the only truth.
    Last edited by Uncle; 2015-05-04 at 07:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To bad atiesh looks like a levle 60 green basically or that would be super impressive!

Ladies
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    To bad atiesh looks like a levle 60 green basically or that would be super impressive!

Ladies
    I'd still transmog mine all the time. I love the look of it.

Atiesh is probably a special case though.

As far as turning it into an heirloom, meh. It wouldn't change anything, would still sit in my bags to put on while in town once I hit max level. The BoA aspect sounds more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I've always thought they should have have quest lines to upgrade them to the new max level. Keep them relevant but still somewhat rare.
    I think the same way, except i believe there is no need to have extra questlines, just release some items in Mythic dificulty that you can use to upgrade the legendaries, i also think this should only be applied to weapon legendaries, not the cloaks.

Anyway, i still defend that geting those legendary weapons upgraded should be extremely difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Legendaries aren't meant to be items you never have to replace again. They never were. I don't understand why people get this idea into their heads.

Adding quest lines to upgrade just takes away from content they could be implementing.
    This is true, but only if the upgrading process becomes faceroll, i believe that having quests that allow people to upgrade legendaries would actually be a faceroll process, anyway, they can turn on those upgrades for specific tiers, and i'm not even defending that we should have upgrades for legendaries in all tiers, and has i've said before, upgrading them should still be a challenging process.

The problem with legendaries is that its lame the amount of time people invest in those items, and then, no longer being able to use them, so i defend that we should be able to upgrade them, but not allways, so that you still need to keep using other gear.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Has for Shadowmourne of Dragon wrath, they are the results of at least two or three month of work, not everyone has the patience to do that, believe me.
    Never got past Shadows Edge in Wrath, and after WTLK ended i lost the interest in completing the questline.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2015-05-04 at 08:54 AM.

All I have to say is...Level 29 Twink Bgs, Arms Warrior with Shadowmourne /shiver.

This is a really good idea. I agree.

Give it some form of relevance for us to remember the work we put in throughout X expansion. A new expansion dropping shouldn't completely nullify the effort you poured into the previous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    signed agreed
    signed off here as well - cool idea
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not very legendary if you see everyone in your low level dungeons kitted out in warglaives, shadowmourne and dragon staves. It'd really make the levelling experience weirder than it already is for a new WoW player hopping into a dungeon with veteran altaholics decked out in legendaries.
    Amount of it does not define legendary status.... Michael Jackson's album Thriller is legendary, even though millions have been sold.... Besides the items would have no other use than gathering virtual dust. Think it's a nice idea tbh.... Making them 5-10 iLvls higher than regular heirlooms even gives them some of their original glamour back...