Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I wish I also lived in the world where you have 4 100-slot bags.

Non-warlocks have had access to Eye of Kilrogg for years. Eye of Arachnida drops in Stratholme off Nerub'enkan and has since vanilla. So no sense complaining about it. The DMF item is pretty much a non-consumable version of Eye of Arachnida.

As for the races myself, although I've managed to get them after a LOT of tries, they're frustrating more than fun. One wrong turn, jump, accidental run into a tree, stun, lag spike, deviation from the perfect route, or even a finger spasm or hand bump and you can kiss the gold achievement goodbye. I keep getting 12 tolls on the real race and I'm usually 1-3 off on the real big race. Don't know how many times I get the red flag in the real race and then take the jump power-up only to end up going in a direction AWAY from where I wanted to go. Then I'm stuck swimming back to shore because my water walking buff ran out. Or in the real big race when you jump up the cliff at the beginning and I mistime the jump to get to the top so I have to wait until one of my vehicle's abilities are off cooldown so I can get up the rest of the cliff. Ace tonk commander made me almost throw my computer out the window. I FINALLY got it yesterday. The one to get Hoggs in 6.2 I can see frustrating me to no end, too. Only one I found easy was the ring toss.

While I do find a lot of comments on youtube, etc say to use a DK or paladin for their riding speed buff, that really shouldn't be the go to strategy. ALL classes should be viable and have the same amount of wiggle room in error. It's not fair that the races are tuned so tightly that two classes have an advantage (more wiggle room for error) over the others. I've done gold on a shaman for the first two racers but still working on the third. I'm considering changing my tactics and using my DK at this point. Perhaps Blizzard should adjust the time of the tolls and disable riding speed increase buffs to make the race more fair for everyone. But hey, when's Blizzard really been fair?

You know, I wish networks weren't so ignorant. I'm sure the response will be "nobody watched so nobody wants to watch so we will never air esports again"

Unfortunately myself, and many others like myself I'm sure A) had no clue this was on or would have watched it and B) would love a place I can go for my e-everything including sports fix. Unfortunately such a place doesn't exist yet. G4 is caca now.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    While I do find a lot of comments on youtube, etc say to use a DK or paladin for their riding speed buff, that really shouldn't be the go to strategy. ALL classes should be viable and have the same amount of wiggle room in error. It's not fair that the races are tuned so tightly that two classes have an advantage (more wiggle room for error) over the others. I've done gold on a shaman for the first two racers but still working on the third. I'm considering changing my tactics and using my DK at this point. Perhaps Blizzard should adjust the time of the tolls and disable riding speed increase buffs to make the race more fair for everyone. But hey, when's Blizzard really been fair?
    Their advantage isn't considerable. I've done every race on a class without a natural speed boost, even the Springstrider on the long race without the multiplayer cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Click911 View Post
    The short race is just aids. If you have lag above 150, it will take you a LOOOOOOONG time to get gold. Would appreciate if blizzard would take lag into consideration when designing the race. 0.1 milliseconds off, and you just wont get it.
    I've actually noticed the short race has more items than last month, and the same is likely true of the big race. There's at least three Blink items in places I know weren't there last month.

Blizzard wasn't kidding that it would get easier to do over time.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2015-05-04 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    very hyped heroes of the dorm was really amazing

I watch ESPN pretty much all day everyday, I almost always have it on while on my laptop just to have something else to pay attention to, and I never saw a commercial for HotD. I knew it was going on already so I watched it but still, if they are going to show e-sports they should advertise it at least a little bit. Having that few of viewers will only show them that e-sports aren't really working out and thats a shame. E-sports are big enough that they deserve to be televised and ESPN not only has more than enough channels to show them as well as mainstream sports but they can also call themselves the worldwide leader in e-sports since they get a hard-on with such things i.e. xgames = worldwide leader in action sports. The idea of watching e-sports sounds pretty lame to me, honestly, but once I gave it a chance I really liked it and if ESPN would advertise even a little bit when they are showing them they could win over a lot of viewers that just want to see what its about.

They had a CoD tourney at the last xgames that got very little fanfare and I believe they also had a DotA championship before that. Both of those would pull in a pretty big audience if they just advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    You know, I wish networks weren't so ignorant. I'm sure the response will be "nobody watched so nobody wants to watch so we will never air esports again"

Unfortunately myself, and many others like myself I'm sure A) had no clue this was on or would have watched it and B) would love a place I can go for my e-everything including sports fix. Unfortunately such a place doesn't exist yet. G4 is caca now.
    lol G4 missed a golden opportunity to make their channel actually relevant to gamers with eSports. Instead they push stupid shows that nobody gives a crap about and their ratings are awful as a result.

i love these setup of the month articles.
    i would like to also see some notebook suggestions (for Warcraft, a few price ranges, current market)

Quote Originally Posted by temp123456 View Post
    i love these setup of the month articles.
    i would like to also see some notebook suggestions (for Warcraft, a few price ranges, current market)
    I think they are stupid and wish they would be phased out or put somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Trihara View Post
    lol G4 missed a golden opportunity to make their channel actually relevant to gamers with eSports. Instead they push stupid shows that nobody gives a crap about and their ratings are awful as a result.
    G4s actually completely dead now, some providers cut them pretty fast, others kept them on the air like an extra year, was a slow slow death. Final segment was a throwback to the original pong marathon from way way back and the channels inception, it's on youtube somewhere. They also aired the very first episode of X-play before that

Don't think Esquire Network, the channel that killed G4, is doing great in the ratings either, could be wrong though.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-05-05 at 07:07 AM.