Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    All arenas and battlegrounds that have ever existed are just as relevant today as they were at the start.
    Raids from just a year ago - are now irrelevant.

Thus the need to spend more on Raids as they have a higher need.

15+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to new BG maps they seem to get one right every other year so really, do you want to get more BG's to blacklist?

You look at Horde blacklisting AV and IOC and if they don't they cry when they pop. Strand is a crapshoot, if your team ports back to the gates a 15 man defence at the final gate is unbreakable. MoP's mine cart BG's were terrible, just admit it, they are. Powerball is okay in theory but even RBG teams can't get a sound consistent strategy down on that map.

The only BG's I didn't hate seeing pop that were post vanilla were EOTS, Gilneas and Twin Peaks. That's some pretty crappy development if they get three BG's right and it averages one per expansion.

Now lets see, 5 BG maps that don't blow and are competitive. Warsong, Arathi, EOTS, Gilneas and Twin Peaks. Everything else you can throw out the window and no one would care. Well, Alliance players would miss AV and IOC but hey, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Horde players would rejoice. Heck, I have zero attachment to IOC but really would miss AV because I geared more characters on AV weekends over the years than I can count.

10 years, 5 maps I enjoy. Hey, that's some solid development right there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    All arenas and battlegrounds that have ever existed are just as relevant today as they were at the start.
    Raids from just a year ago - are now irrelevant.

Thus the need to spend more on Raids as they have a higher need.
    Sorry, no. Absolutely no. That's nothing but a cheap excuse for Blizzard cutting costs and giving us less for an increase box price. Try harder.

Deleted
    You want new maps but if you don't have no horde to fight, what's the point? Split the few players left in the horde between more different BG?
    They should cut a few IMO. And "try" to fix the faction imbalance which is IMO the main problem about pvp. Wintergrasp was my only reason to log in for the last 6 months of Wotlk. TB was not as good but did the job for the entire cata xpac. MoP BG's sucks IMO.... And with WoD, if you are horde (EU) PvPer, you have to faction change or stop trying to play for the win, because you are going to get stomped no matter how hard you try.

I don't want new BGs but Blizz should have expanded on the Coliseum for sure. At first it was awesome when only around 8 players were in it, since there was far more luck involved, when the bolstered the cap healing classes reigned supreme and you would have to cheese it with friends.

Also live spectating Arena matches would be awesome. Shouting out insults and what not.

Deleted
    Never in 10 years have I felt blizzard was slacking as much as now.. and yes that includes MoP, theres just no repeatable content at all.

I find myself wanting to log in but clueless on what I'd do. The fact that brf was not 'actiavted' in 6.0 at the last second and then activated prior to 6.1 made 6.1 look like an absolute joke patch, which is just unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Because all the pvp development time got wasted on trashcan.
    Yeah, no kidding. What a mess that was. That dev time could've been spent better on a new BG or Arena, but nope, we get a crappy PvP zone that happens to be a bunch mudshacks put together in which they call, the capital of the Horde.

I think it is pretty simple. At least when it comes to BGs I don't think people have particularly enjoyed the newest ones. There really is no point cluttering the game with BGs that people groan when they get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking this the other day actually, I wish there were some new 10 or 15man battlegrounds.

Deleted
    This game has enough PvP modes imo!

Quote Originally Posted by Antifascista View Post
    This game has enough PvP modes imo!
    I'd say too many. Zones like Ashran, Tol'Barad and Wintergrasp should suffice. Just make sure they don't suck....

Im sure its already been mentioned but... Ashran? and the Lord of War thing.

I think they should bring that one arena back with the platform and fire. Forget what it was called. But honestly, why do you want another one? WSG, AB are all anyone really wants to play. Those two are classics and really are all that you need. Arenas are just... they are a square box with a couple of LOS spots. Pretty much the same every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'd say pissing off 2.9M is enough.

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny because both WotLK and Cata had 2(+?) BGs each and still had an AWESOME/decent timed PvP zone.
    You must be laundering your memories. In WotLK, people HATED Wintergrasp. The forums were constantly lit up with how stupid the mechanics were. In Cata, people HATED Tol Barad. The general consensus then was that it was the most stupid thing Blizzard had ever come up with and Wintergrasp was perfect. Now in WoD, Ashran is the worst thing ever and both WG and TB are perfect.

Can you see how this general trend of player feedback would discourage a Blizzard developer from taking any of it seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Were these features shown at blizzcon just mockups? Why announce something and then completly ignore any questions about it after release. I'm usualy not the guy dooming something.. but blizzard seems to lose interest in WoW.
    You must be new to New Blizzard (AKA: Activision's Side Team). They only care about profits (of which, WoW isn't as profitable as it used to be, despite charging $15 a month), and how to make more money instead of making solid content that will keep players enjoying their time.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    You must be new to New Blizzard (AKA: Activision's Side Team). They only care about profits (of which, WoW isn't as profitable as it used to be, despite charging $15 a month), and how to make more money instead of making solid content that will keep players enjoying their time.
    I'm playing this game since vanilla beta and I'm starting to believe that. Sad but true.
    <inactive>

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    When it comes to new BG maps they seem to get one right every other year so really, do you want to get more BG's to blacklist?

You look at Horde blacklisting AV and IOC and if they don't they cry when they pop. Strand is a crapshoot, if your team ports back to the gates a 15 man defence at the final gate is unbreakable. MoP's mine cart BG's were terrible, just admit it, they are. Powerball is okay in theory but even RBG teams can't get a sound consistent strategy down on that map.

The only BG's I didn't hate seeing pop that were post vanilla were EOTS, Gilneas and Twin Peaks. That's some pretty crappy development if they get three BG's right and it averages one per expansion.

Now lets see, 5 BG maps that don't blow and are competitive. Warsong, Arathi, EOTS, Gilneas and Twin Peaks. Everything else you can throw out the window and no one would care. Well, Alliance players would miss AV and IOC but hey, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Horde players would rejoice. Heck, I have zero attachment to IOC but really would miss AV because I geared more characters on AV weekends over the years than I can count.

10 years, 5 maps I enjoy. Hey, that's some solid development right there.
    Silvershard Mines sucks for Ally, because supposedly it is easier for the Horde to 2 cap first (I don't know if it is factually true or not, just the complaint.) Beyond that, it is a decent map, and you're subjective opinion is backed by anecdotes, the I can argue with anecdotes.
    ToK isn't hard to figure out. If you're bad, or you're team is bad and can't figure out how to let secure an orb prior to someone dying, or suiciding that is on you and your team. Strat isn't hard in anyway shape or form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?