Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    Its the burning legion, why does it need explained?
    Books and short stories have been laying down the foundation for new expansion lately
    The Burning Legion was a threat to Azeroth since the war of the ancients and they attempted to invade Azeroth several times.
    No one (in lore) ever considered invading Argus, why now? What has changed? Where were the preparations? Wouldn’t you want to prepare yourself or at least have a plan other than yeah let’s just do it because why not lol burning legion lol?

Where does that Naaru spaceship come from? is it a new one or is it the Exodar? What would replace the Exodar as a capital city?

And by all seriousness. Did you read the last few books for expansion intros? They were primarily talks, emotions etc. Not much action going on, not much to portray in a cinematic or ingame.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    That's funny, Assault on Argus is the exact name I've been saying the next expansion should be since like Cataclysm. Anyways... As much as I love tinkers, if you're going to do a heavily themed legion expansion you need a demon hunter class.
    Demon hunter class/argus/army of light.... yea one of the many argus burning legion ideas what I seriouesly hate...

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    The Burning Legion was a threat to Azeroth since the war of the ancients and they attempted to invade Azeroth several times.
    No one (in lore) ever considered invading Argus, why now? What has changed? Where were the preparations? Wouldn’t you want to prepare yourself or at least have a plan other than yeah let’s just do it because why not lol burning legion lol?

Where does that Naaru spaceship come from? is it a new one or is it the Exodar? What would replace the Exodar as a capital city?

And by all seriousness. Did you read the last few books for expansion intros? They were primarily talks, emotions etc. Not much action going on, not much to portray in a cinematic or ingame.
    you want to have answers now that are going to be explained in the short story later.

its a new one.

War crimes had a battle scene at the end of it. so there was some action. but point noted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Demon hunter class/argus/army of light.... yea one of the many argus burning legion ideas what I seriouesly hate...
    i can see argus and army of light
    but why demon hunters?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I'm gonna ignored most of that and nitpick only one thing: How does it make sense to have Tinkers in a heavily demon expansion and not Demon Hunters? You even put Illidan in the Army of the Light. One would think he'd help by training Demon Hunters to aid the forces against the Legion.
    with all the heavy complaining about tinkers being the wrong expansion. i might just out right remove it and use it for something else.
    might just do a race and class though the race i might pick would start an all knew crap storm so i will find something that works.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, the point is that it's simply not the time for this, I am sure we will get to visit Argus one way or another sometime in a far future, but until then we have PLENTY of open stories left in Azeroth and if anything we're still on defensive here, Legion had some setback in TBC, but that's about it, we were actually somewhat lucky to even survive there with the whole Anveena snapping out at the last moment to help interrupt the summoning. We didn't even kill Kil'Jaeden and the whole invasion was just a forward assault force trying to make a foothold. Not even close to what Legion truly has to offer.

So, the point is, you are really jumping ahead of your league trying to duct tape some tacky story how our "army of light", which amounts to a bunch of bugs, led by some adolescent girl is going to jump on hyperspace ships provided by courtesy of some glowing dudes who decide to appear out of thin air and go assault one of the biggest bastions of the Burning Legion, while leaving out planet completely exposed to be raped by Old Gods, Lich King 2.0 and God knows what else. And that all WHILE we have whole Infinite Dragonflight crap going on in our backyard and Legion being at the height of its power ready to invade Azeroth as predicted by Wrathion.

Let's just say, what people are trying to say here is that your idea holds no water at the moment. It might get more viable in the future, but that is numerous expansions away and until then story will progress well beyond your assumptions and will actually make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think illidan should be in it unless he is a major char
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I know im gonna sound like a dick, since you've clearly put a lot of work and thought into this but it really feels like you championed this whole idea simply to justify adding tinkerers to the game. Im all for some sci-fi infusion but tinkerers is literally one of the worst ideas to ever be thought out, the whole idea of using over-sized gears and bolts makes me cringe so hard my face feels like its gonna fall off. Oh and dont even get me started on orc paladins, just because this design team slipt up and let taurens be paladins, doesnt mean we should start handing that shit out like coupons.

What baffles me even more, is that despite the sheer multitude of voices crying out for a demon hunter class and illidan (literally one of the best plot devices to introduce demon hunters as a class) comes back, you insist on bringing out the tinkerers. Its things like that, that make me think the real title of this thread should be "an excuse for blizzard to add a silly class".

That being said, I whole heartedly believe an argus expansion would be epic, however I do think a azshara expansion filled with some old gods/lovecraftian goodness is imminently due.

Quote Originally Posted by Deshow View Post
    I know im gonna sound like a dick, since you've clearly put a lot of work and thought into this but it really feels like you championed this whole idea simply to justify adding tinkerers to the game. Im all for some sci-fi infusion but tinkerers is literally one of the worst ideas to ever be thought out, the whole idea of using over-sized gears and bolts makes me cringe so hard my face feels like its gonna fall off. Oh and dont even get me started on orc paladins, just because this design team slipt up and let taurens be paladins, doesnt mean we should start handing that shit out like coupons.

What baffles me even more, is that despite the sheer multitude of voices crying out for a demon hunter class and illidan (literally one of the best plot devices to introduce demon hunters as a class) comes back, you insist on bringing out the tinkerers. Its things like that, that make me think the real title of this thread should be "an excuse for blizzard to add a silly class".

That being said, I whole heartedly believe an argus expansion would be epic, however I do think a azshara expansion filled with some old gods/lovecraftian goodness is imminently due.
    Tinkers were a last minute add and was badly rushed.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor