Thoughts on a garrison catch-up mechanic?

Hi all,

Just wondering on what you would all think about fast tracking garrisons for alts (not including Account Wide achievements for unlocking 3rd tier buildings)

I understand it's not so bad if you keep on top of it and slowly build up your alts Garrisons, but I'm more talking from a fresh 100 alt POV, having to grind out that many resources/follower upgrades seems a little daunting, or am I just special?

Let me know what you think

Deleted
    garrison followers all to be account wide , so u don't have to grind it all over again on your alts

Account-wide garrisons. Make alts appear in garrison if they have completed the garrison starting quests, since the garrison will be shared by all these characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    BoA blueprints and the ability to buy free building upgrade tokens in a level three garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Account-wide garrisons. Make alts appear in garrison if they have completed the garrison starting quests, since the garrison will be shared by all these characters.
    ...why? I like having different buildings for different alts because they all have different professions/needs. I'd be fine with account wide blueprints but I'd lose so much gold and mats a week by only having one set of missions/one set of buildings.
    Look! Words!

A council chamber that lets you deal with your garrison chores without switching between characters. Make it a huge open world amphitheater with other characters doing the same thing. Maybe include some story events to reflect war and politics so you don't stand around bored.

Oh, beside making follower upgrade items BoA, nothing could be made now when all is set in stone. Blizzard just wasted an awesome opportunity, creating a dull facebook-like clicker game instead.

Some ideas about how cool it could be:

- Account (server-wide with faction-limit, ofc) garrison.
    - When you level up your alt, you get +1 small building spot for profession building.
    - You see your alts wandering around your account garrison.
    - When you level up five more alts, you get one more big and one more medium building slot.

Of course for all this working you had to not have stupid garrison being tied to quests. If only it was truly optional, as we were promised on blizzcon...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I know a good catch up mechanic. Dropping a nuke on them and blowing them off the face of Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I know a good catch up mechanic. Dropping a nuke on them and blowing them off the face of Draenor.
    +1

They already said it won't be in the next expansion. And seeing how bad the game is doing atm they should just abandon garrison altogether and focus on meaningful content for the rest of the expansion. No need to put recources on a feature that will not stick around anyway.

Harrison Jones is already a pretty great catch up mechanic for what matters with alts. He lets you level up followers so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Then where will people wait in queue after Blizzard redesigns their leveling gameplay to discontinue open world content?

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    That would be a terrible idea. I have buildings on my alts for professions that I do not have on my main.

The alt's having the same followers wouldn't be a bad idea, but the problem there means, that you can have a bunch of 90 alts, and that 675 followers getting all those missions, without any work on them. And if you make missions account wide, then people that have multiple toons with 675 followers get screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And seeing how bad the game is doing atm they should just abandon garrison altogether and focus on meaningful content for the rest of the expansion. No need to put recources on a feature that will not stick around anyway.
    If only...

If they could somehow implement account-wide garrisons that would be awesome. With variable plot numbers depending on how many characters you have. Pretty much every character is stuck with a barracks and a bunker initially. Picking something else means you're shooting yourself in the foot. I really like the idea of the Stables and the Workshop, but the other large buildings are just too important.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifaithx View Post
    I understand it's not so bad if you keep on top of it and slowly build up your alts Garrisons, but I'm more talking from a fresh 100 alt POV, having to grind out that many resources/follower upgrades seems a little daunting, or am I just special?
    I guess most people feel that way. I leveled up my mage rather quickly (hit cap today) and getting his garrison up and running is gonna take forever. I don't even have enough resources to get a level 3 garrison. Add in extra costs for getting a warmill to level 2, salvage yard to level 3 and an inn to level 2. Takes weeks to get your followers to epic level and even longer to get them properly geared.

I guess that's the reason for the shipyard in 6.2. A blank slate for everyone. If they had just added another 30 item levels to the follower cap it would be even more annoying to get new characters sorted.

10+ Year Old Account
    get level 90 alts through the opening questline to get your garrison built... Then let em sit there until you got your 10k resources or close to it.
    In the process you can go about to collect the easy followers from the starting zone. As you collect your resources every day send the followers out as well.
    That's as easy catch up as it gets with very little time investment.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."