Balance Druid looking for some tips from the pros

Last expansion I mained a holy priest then a blood dk and an arcane mage. After the 20 man changes I had to choose one. Since we had full healing and tank roster I chose my mage as frost because I never dug fire and arcane is not fun to me this expansion. Our raid acquired 5 mage's and had no boomkin so I swapped to her.

I don't think I am a terrible boomkin but I would like to be better. I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I am going to link our WoL link. I would appreciate any in game help of any of you have time as well I learn from hands on. My btag is mim#1748.

Logs:worldoflogs.com/guild/us/shadowmoon/happy-tree-friends

exchange barkskin for astral communication, which can be usefull in heave movement fights like thogar.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...8789514/latest
    it seem at gruul you used to much starfire and not enough wrath 42 vs 25 is a little much.
    and use darmac trinket if you have it instead of blackhand trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore what that other guy said about starfire, he's clueless.

Comparing your gruul kill to one i did back in march with similar gear levels: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Firstly I don't see incarnation in your buffs, if youre using soul of the forest, it can pull ahead under some circumstances, but they really only include the mythic abilities, and long fights. Your kill was 3:27 which is literally PERFECT for using incarnation, not using it was a bad idea. I actually managed to cast a few more starfires than you, ss was about the same, which is why my wraths is alot lower than yours. Are you casting wrath right up to 0 energy? You should be pre casting starfire if it'll land lunar side.

Your sunfire uptime could be better, I'd say you didnt pop CA exactly on the pull so lost a couple of seconds uptime there, or let it fall off at some point, not the biggest deal, but could be improved. Other than that you had real bad rng with trinkets, and should have delayed your 2nd pot to 3rd CA (along with inc when talented).
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Inc

I will have to double check. I actually do run incarnation it is macros with my CA so not sure why it didn't go off. Maybe it was a day I was trying soul of the forest. I read somewhere it was good and wanted to try. Kind of like on beastlord I ran stellar flare but I wasn't impressed with it. I felt like i was doing nothing but casting that the whole fight.

Thank you for the feedback. I raid again Wednesday and will post logs when I have them and see if I do any better.

Are the darmac and blackhand trinkets good or should I aim for the darmac and oregorger trinket?
    Last edited by ildiko; 2015-05-26 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ildiko View Post
    I will have to double check. I actually do run incarnation it is macros with my CA so not sure why it didn't go off. Maybe it was a day I was trying soul of the forest. I read somewhere it was good and wanted to try. Kind of like on beastlord I ran stellar flare but I wasn't impressed with it. I felt like i was doing nothing but casting that the whole fight.

Thank you for the feedback. I raid again Wednesday and will post logs when I have them and see if I do any better.

Are the darmac and blackhand trinkets good or should I aim for the darmac and oregorger trinket?
    Ore/darmac. Blackhand is only really for aoe fights, even then id only say beastlord as it needs to very specific for throgar.

I also wouldn't advise using stellar flare on any fight this tier. Executed perfectly in some scenarios it can be fractionally better, but if you're struggling you're not gonna execute it well enough to see any gains.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Ignore what that other guy said about starfire, he's clueless.
    Druid 1 in your Log:
    49 Starfire casts
    40 Wrath casts

Druid 2 in your Log:
    42 Starfire casts
    49 Wrath casts

So how can I be clueless, when both of the Moonkins have more or less the same amount of casts, when I say 42 vs 25 is a little much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seikusa View Post
    Druid 1 in your Log:
    49 Starfire casts
    40 Wrath casts

Druid 2 in your Log:
    42 Starfire casts
    49 Wrath casts

So how can I be clueless, when both of the Moonkins have more or less the same amount of casts, when I say 42 vs 25 is a little much?
    no need to argue with him. he is that kind of person who would say others are wrong and he is the prophet. thats said. the things he wrote he ain't wrong either.

regardless. just checked my logs i had 56 starfires and 48 wraths. with 4x putrify. damn he loves me. so there is definitely something going on with his casts.

and of what i can see is that you sure do spam a lot of your dots. your re-dotting is where you've issues on as well.

you killed grull on a kill time of 3:30 where i checked one of my logs where our kill was on 3:51.

your dots :

Sunfire 14 times.
    Moonfire 9 times.

my dots:

Sunfire 8 times
    Moonfire 7 times.

when redotting make sure you hit your peak. and delay your peak dot buff, and buff it last sec. with euph talent. it takes you 4 sec. from peak to center, and 8 sec without euph. i usually redot when i''ve 1 sec from center. or 5 sec from center. in other words. 3 sec after i hit peak with my redots.

you've used 23 global cooldowns on keeping your dots up. while i used 15 global cooldowns. and you also killed faster than me. so god knows how many global cooldowns you would had used re-dotting with equal kill timer.

so yes you should be casting more spells.

exchange barkskin for astral communication
    My first question is: What the hell is Astral Communication? Do you like whip out a walkie talkie and have a chat with the stars?

My second question is: In what situation is Glyph of Astral Communion actually useful? In fact, in which situation is Astral Communion useful?

I'm a resto-druid-gone-balance for this tier, but I'm still full mythic and parse pretty well and I've never used Communion on any fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    My first question is: What the hell is Astral Communication? Do you like whip out a walkie talkie and have a chat with the stars?

My second question is: In what situation is Glyph of Astral Communion actually useful? In fact, in which situation is Astral Communion useful?

I'm a resto-druid-gone-balance for this tier, but I'm still full mythic and parse pretty well and I've never used Communion on any fight.
    1) you know he did a typo but yet you had to be a dick about it. so why even ask what that is.

2) you really do not need to use it, doesn't matter much but you could get a more neat eclipse in really really few circumstances as when you are splitting on tho'gar and want to be in solar for dot all adds so you can continue on nuking boss as an example.

really really small gains. not worth the time imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    1) you know he did a typo but yet you had to be a dick about it. so why even ask what that is.
    It was a joke. Try not to take yourself so seriously, this is a video game board. I can explain in detail why and how I asked this, but surely you can figure that out for yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Snip
    My exact quote was 'ignore what he said about starfire' .. looking at 'what you said about starfire'; 'you used to much starfire'. Other than hard casting full starfires during solar, there is no such thing as too much starfire. Any 3:30 fight with 3 x CA should have more starfire casts than wrath, unless you're poping CA in solar which is just bad on single target. Now as for wrath casts, yes his casts were low, I'd say he's moving too much. (Which means I agreed with you) try not to get your panties in a twist.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    It was a joke. Try not to take yourself so seriously, this is a video game board. I can explain in detail why and how I asked this, but surely you can figure that out for yourself?
    it was a joke. an attempt of trolling, try not to be crazy over it.

as you can see everyone can type that. but i guess you can figure that out for yourself right?

Thanks guys and gals if any are gals

Thank you. Yeah I was going off of alot of guides I found online. Many said ALWAYS refresh dots at peak....well I was doing it every peak. I have worked on a little more not refreshing it just because the button lit up and refreshing it when the timer is low. I normally refresh my sunfire dot ever solar peak. As for CA I most likely was testing soul of the forest because it was suggested on icy veins that week. I have been looking everywhere. Im like Im doing what the friggin guides say!

Thanks all so much for the tips keep them coming I will surely work on oh the buttons shiny dont punch it yet. I set up a WA for the sunfire moonfire dot timers so that should help.

I did not raid yet on my moonkin this week...we did alt runs for heroic because again 17 people logged on so no mythics for us again. WTB 10 man again just divide the mythic crap in half. Anyone else from a small server feel the pain of since there are no guild levels anymore everyone just made a new guild to do mythics, yet they all have 15-18 people and fight over raiders? Sorry off topic but had to vent XD Thanks for the input I will post new logs when I raid on my moonkin. We will see if I am still mucking things up. <3

It has been confirmed that only refreashing dots when you have the peak buff is a very very minor dps increase

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    It has been confirmed that only refreashing dots when you have the peak buff is a very very minor dps increase
    Yes but why wouldn't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Yes but why wouldn't you?
    landing starfire at peak and moonfiring after peak on the downslope with buff > casting moonfire at peak and starfire on the down slope. But yeah really there is no reason to not cast it with peak buff
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,