Going from PVE to PVP ??

there might be other threads able to answer me on my question, but here we go anyway.

I have played PVE for almost 10 years now and since WOD has become "meh" .. I decided that I want to throw my time into PVP .. I have every class above lol 90 but my problem is .. Which one should I play as my main pvp'er ?
    My warrior (my 10 y/o child) has always been my pve main but I feel like he is more comfortable with slaying dragons .

So which one should I choose ? I would love you if you fine people could maybe tell me why YOU play the class you do .. Why that specific class was your choise and why it feel satisfying .. ??

To those answering .. Thank you !'

***pracrtice kindness, practice love.. But most importantly , practice gratitude****

- Jason Mraz

you are going to have a lot of learning to do before what class you play factors into your ceiling for PVP

if you like warrior then go with it. the personality of the class is pretty similar PVE to PVP and there are plenty of good strategies

most important thing in PVP for most classes is simply knowing what the opponent can do to you and responding to it

Ey another guy like me! I also decided that PvE is something I sadly dont have the time or energy for anymore so I decided to go full PVP for a change!

I also have all classes at lvl 90 or above and I was wondering the same thing. Since you apparantly are smarter then me I didnt take the time to make a post on the forums so I lvled 7 of my 90's to 100 to try different things.

This is what I figured out of my pvp endavours:

Warrior:

Warrior is funny, for arms you do amazing execute crits and you can really stress healers with your high damage output. What you dont really like to happen is when you get rooted. That plain sucks for a warrior! :P
    In 2's with a healer I just went full manmode and just tunnelled one guy until he died. It seems to work out pretty well.
    I tested another class when I reached about 1550 in 2s and 1600-1700 in 3's.

Rogue:
    This is just so much fun. So much power. If you are a Rogue I would suggest you to try all 3 speccs in pvp because they are all very much viable. I have tried Combat and Assassination the most.
    Combat I think is boring and its a tiny bit unbalanced. You just wait until you have Deep insight then you just full kidney someone with smoke bomb and pop everything on the guy and he can have all the hots that exists in all of azeroth and he will just die.
    Assassination requires a bit more shall I say planning ahead wich is something I enjoy alot. And the amount of pressure you can do is insane.
    You can almost 1v1 anyone in the game. If you are getting really good at Rogue you will see how much potential this class have in pvp.

Priest:
    Yes! I finally did it, I started healing for a change. Disc Priest is incredibly strong. Apparantly I have been doing something right with this class as I am currently gearing my Priest now and its in mostly all blues and I outperform other disc priests with full gear. (Might be because my arena partner and I have pretty good communication).

Druid:
    I have only tried Feral and to be quite honest with you I only see Feral as the viable pvp specc this season. Balance Druids get melted so easy. And resto druids is also struggeling a bit unless they do everything almost perfectly. However they are pretty good with Mass Entanglement against some melee classes as in Warrior/DK.

Shaman:
    Only enhancement is what I have tested, and I kind of like the fact that when you pop all your dps cooldowns you just become a raid boss. You are basically unkillable when you pop your cools

Paladin:
    I couldnt decide if I wanted to go Holy or Ret.
    I have played a bit of ret but not much. I see that you do a incredible amount of burst and have very good survivability, but if you go up against a healer comp in 2s for example and you dont kill someone when you have your burst I see more often then not when I play against these comps that we wear them down. Once you have to play defensivly you start falling behind quickly.
    Holy is quite strong and fits several comps, when casters gets a bit more leeway in pvp next patch due to melee just simply crushing most of them I can imagine seeing more casters teaming up with Holy paladins.
    The god damn blessing of protection on a magic damage dealer is just to juicy when playing against melee.

This turned out to be a long post, but this is my quick 2 cents on what I have experienced with from an arena perspective.:P

Currently I am playing my Rogue and Priest full time.

Honestly play a Warrior. Since WOD completely gutted warriors and made it extremely noob friendly. Next I would suggest is playing a combat rogue. However for that you'll need to be playing with a mage/hunter. Since you have no prior experience with setting up kills this might get tricky at first. Also since you are new the the PVP scene you don't have any knowledge on when they are setting up kills on you aka having Feint up.

I would start off with playing with a Lock/Sham or Pally. Since you have spread pressure and you can hit anything low. Only set up is really stormbolt + fear. Another comp I would play is with a Hunter since you can stormbolt into trap on healer. Another easy thing to do.

I think warriors also need the least amount of keybinds/macros. What do you really need? Focus Stormbolt, Focus Kick? Safegaurd Macro. That's it really.

For someone who is just starting out this would be my choice from easiest to hardest class
    1)Arms/Fury Warrior
    2)Deathknight Frost
    3)Combat Rogue
    4)BM Hunter
    5)Warlock
    6)Mage
    7)Shadow Priest
    8)Ret Pally
    9)WW Monk
    10)Sub Rogue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by giono06 View Post
    For someone who is just starting out this would be my choice from easiest to hardest class
    1)Arms/Fury Warrior
    2)Deathknight Frost
    3)Combat Rogue
    4)BM Hunter
    5)Warlock
    6)Mage
    7)Shadow Priest
    8)Ret Pally
    9)WW Monk
    10)Sub Rogue
    Shaman didn't make the list #priceless #accurate

I thought all three specs were resto specs on sham... kappa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotimus View Post
    there might be other threads able to answer me on my question, but here we go anyway.

I have played PVE for almost 10 years now and since WOD has become "meh" .. I decided that I want to throw my time into PVP .. I have every class above lol 90 but my problem is .. Which one should I play as my main pvp'er ?
    My warrior (my 10 y/o child) has always been my pve main but I feel like he is more comfortable with slaying dragons .

So which one should I choose ? I would love you if you fine people could maybe tell me why YOU play the class you do .. Why that specific class was your choise and why it feel satisfying .. ??

To those answering .. Thank you !'

***pracrtice kindness, practice love.. But most importantly , practice gratitude****

- Jason Mraz
    I would reconsider: PVP is in a very bad way right now. The que times are ridiculous.

Besides queue times balance is messed up. I get the feeling if you even want to succeed in any class that's not on the
    top of the list you have to partnered with one or more and work far harder then those OP classes. Also of people wait to see what OP
    and run with that class. In short Skill plays less a factor then class/spec sad really.....

Play what ever you are most confident with... don't play something because its fotm! anything works if you make it work!

gawdsent Resto druids are amazingly strong atm. they are no HPal but they are probably 2nd best atm.

every class brings something to the table.. I play BM hunter / Holy pally as my two pvp characters. only classes that give me trouble are ferals if i dont get my traps right from the get go and make me use defensives early. any player that is competent in their class can hold their own.