Poll: I have quit, or i might quit WoW because of the following reason:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I was balking at the people saying "they lost 3m". They didn't lose 3m - they didn't have the 3m. They did lose out and there are issues with WoD.
    They took ownership of the Q4 2014 result of 10m, so that then became their subscription baseline.

They took ownership of the Q1 2015 result of 7.1m, so that currently is their subscription baseline.

In other words, Blizzard have already taken ownership of the 2.9 million loss, so that is not in question. The excuses being given for the losses are the hot topics.

The heart and soul of what once made this game so great (what made this company so great) has been squashed by a corporate greed, investor suck-up, penny-pinching mindset, and the direction of WoW has been shifting more towards the latter with every expansion post Wrath of the Lich King.

With WoD, we've finally hit the point-of-no-return. It doesn't matter what they do to the game at this point, the golden days are long gone and never coming back. The same can be said about the entire gaming industry as a whole. It's a different playing field now; much more business than passion.

-Typical burnout; got tired of scheduling my life over a game.

-Not happy playing my class.

-Personal life was affecting my game play, due to lack of sleep or preparation.

-Health. Over a 5 year period, I went from being a muscular 190lbs to 250lbs. Yep, I gained a total of 60lbs in 5 years playing WoW. It became hard looking at pictures of myself taken as recently as 2010. Raiding took a lot of my gym time away plus it encouraged me to diet on quick junk food for dinner instead of a healthy balanced meal. Since quitting nearly two months ago, I've already dropped down to 220 and counting.