7+ Year Old Account

Potential mount concept to answer no more flight.

My biggest draw to flying was being able to get over a hill or around an obstacle that was pissing me off.
    If the quest was 5 feet away but I had to go all the way around a mountain I was pretty agitated by it.

So I was curious if an introduction of mounts that could scale terrain would be a good idea.
    They'd function like ground mounts only they would be able to climb terrain that a ground mount or player couldn't.
    However to prevent this from being abused it would have a fatigue bar preventing the player from climbing difficult terrain for more than a few seconds.

Regular mounts would have X timer on their fatigue bar.
    Epic mounts would have X+Y timer on their fatigue bar.

This would help ease my frustrations of no flying while still staying true to the no flying in game now. It also would avoid blizzards concern of players pointing in a direction and afking until destination with the fatigue bar. Only being able to climb while you have it and having to wait for it to recharge until you can climb again, So if you hit a wall to tall. you'd keep sliding down it until you came back to find your character stuck.

I'll admit it's not flying but it could be an alternative that might tend to some pro flyer's concerns.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a literal cliff horse?

Couldn't get the video to link from a point properly but watch from 1 minute 37 seconds for an example of what I mean.

Except with a limited movement resource? No thanks, I'd rather have flying mounts than my ground mounts noping up the side of a mountain or ravine so that I could reach a quest/quest giver npc or a questing area on the other side.
    Also how does this concept deal with the devs much cited and extremely crucial and unique quest scenario of freeing someone from a cage in a base if you could just nope up the side of a mountain jump onto the base's walls to reach the prisoner without aggroing mobs/glider over towards the cage and then just mount up and run out of there (or stealth out if you are a rogue, druid, hunter/ have the stealth engineering item). Same goes for the unique kill a special, sometimes named, mob with a single line of dialogue and one quest description to flesh out why it is important they die.

The only answer to no flight is flight.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I could live with that but only if the mount is a goat, a mountaingoat!

I mean just look at how amazing they are climbing, I don't understand how they don't fall off.

Why not just use Avianna's feather?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You need to rotate the photo 90 degrees CW. It is just an old cinema trick
    That's some weird growing trees then!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Why not just use Avianna's feather?
    Cooldown, no control over speed, height, landing point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah....right - why not a Mole Mount? You could ride it in the open and dig your way underneath any obstacle^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

/music

spider-mount, spider-mount, time to give me, a spider-mount
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Cooldown, no control over speed, height, landing point.
    For getting over a hill the cooldown isn't going to matter, it's short and you don't need it constantly. If you have any kind of class-specific fall damage reduction (about half the classes do) you can just pop that and remove the buff and if you don't then you just spiral to the ground.

He's not asking for a constant flight solution, just something to hop over obstacles. This actually does exist in game (there's two more options if you've got an engineering depot in the garrison too).

A fatigue bar and a short cooldown (as this item has) are functionally almost the same thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblebeard View Post
    I could live with that but only if the mount is a goat, a mountaingoat!

I mean just look at how amazing they are climbing, I don't understand how they don't fall off.
    they crave that mineral.

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    I'll admit it's not flying but it could be an alternative that might tend to some pro flyer's concerns.
    I can't speak for everybody, but for me personally, nothing less than returning flying as it was in MoP would get me to resubscribe to WoW.