Heard you like Wild Strike

While Bloodsurge is active, your Wild Strike critical strike chance is increased by 50% (previously 12%) and Wild Strike critical strike damage is increased by 12%. When I first read that, my initial reaction was, hello!? I heard you like some Wild Strike with your wild strike, so we put some more wild strike in your savage, yet wild striking. If this goes through, seeing as how we are nearing the release, I could just imagine foregoing even using raging blow, bar for when there is nothing else to use.

Keep in mind that's only while Bloodsurge is active, which makes Wild Strike free. You would want to use those Wild Strikes even without this effect simply because it is free damage.

Also remember that this effect is the 2p bonus and like most tier bonuses meant to synergize with the 4p. At 12%, there's a good chance that Wild Strike wouldn't crit even with Recklessness, meaning it wouldn't trigger the 4p bonus (crits reduce cd of Recklessness). This bonus ensures that every Bloodsurge during Recklessness will crit, triggering the 4p twice (40s reduction), and even without Recklessness Bloodsurge has a very high chance of critting (80-90%).

TLDR: It's a good thing, trust me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like they really understood all our Warrior feedback on their official tier set feedback thread... I need some water pls, oh here are some more salty chips to dry you out even more!

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Keep in mind that's only while Bloodsurge is active, which makes Wild Strike free. You would want to use those Wild Strikes even without this effect simply because it is free damage.

Also remember that this effect is the 2p bonus and like most tier bonuses meant to synergize with the 4p. At 12%, there's a good chance that Wild Strike wouldn't crit even with Recklessness, meaning it wouldn't trigger the 4p bonus (crits reduce cd of Recklessness). This bonus ensures that every Bloodsurge during Recklessness will crit, triggering the 4p twice (40s reduction), and even without Recklessness Bloodsurge has a very high chance of critting (80-90%).

TLDR: It's a good thing, trust me.

That's true. Had a knee jerk reaction when I saw the number without realizing it was only during bloodsurge. Though personally, even 50% seems a little high. I could have seen a buff to 25-30%. I just fear for my hands after it is all said and done. People will think I am an alcoholic with my hands shaking from having to constantly spam wild strike. Assuming this will push us into furious strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    That's true. Had a knee jerk reaction when I saw the number without realizing it was only during bloodsurge. Though personally, even 50% seems a little high. I could have seen a buff to 25-30%. I just fear for my hands after it is all said and done. People will think I am an alcoholic with my hands shaking from having to constantly spam wild strike. Assuming this will push us into furious strikes.
    It's 50% to ensure that it works during Recklessess (as how the tier bonus is intended to give us a much higher uptime on Reck), but also have a very high chance of working without Reck. At 12% or even 30%, it simply isn't reliable.

In T18 you will have roughly 30-40% crit. Add 30% to that and you've got about a 70% chance for WS to crit. If the effect applied to every Wild Strike, that would be fine, you'd win the majority and lose a small amount; but since the bonus only applies to Bloodsurge, which happens sporatically at best, it would be really underwhelming to have a bonus that had a moderately high chance to fail when it only procs once every so often. At 50% we have roughly a 90% chance for it to crit, and a guaranteed crit during Reck.

Also consider not everyone will be in that high of gear, if your in lesser gear, say normal T18; you probably only have about a 20% chance to crit; so 30% + 20% would only be a 50% chance plus an extra 30 during Reck (which you would have up a lot less often by extension). At 50% you'd instead have about a 70% without and still guaranteed when Reck is active.

Just trust me when I say the number wasn't on a whim.

It's Bloodthirst 2.0 - literally, it's pretty much exactly the same chance, and with that comes the frustration of seeing it not work 6 times in a row.

So, when the stars align, you will do "okay". Maybe even touch the bottom end of Mage or Hunter DPS.

When they don't, you'll be mopping up the bottom of the meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalfuror View Post
    It's Bloodthirst 2.0 - literally, it's pretty much exactly the same chance, and with that comes the frustration of seeing it not work 6 times in a row.

So, when the stars align, you will do "okay". Maybe even touch the bottom end of Mage or Hunter DPS.

When they don't, you'll be mopping up the bottom of the meters.
    Well it was, at 50% it's better was my point, not that the set bonus is particularly amazing to begin with. No matter how much reduction you get, a meh cooldown is a meh cooldown.

Why is Wild Strike even still in the fucking game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Just trust me when I say the number wasn't on a whim.
    You mean they don't just throw darts and whatever number they hit, they go with? Thanks for shattering my reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    You mean they don't just throw darts and whatever number they hit, they go with? Thanks for shattering my reality.
    Not when players give them the correct number to tune it to, no.

All warrior discussions are currently making me depressed. Gotta keep gearing my hunter...

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm supremely disappointed there are no "Yo Dawg" memes in this thread. Internet please fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoic View Post
    I'm supremely disappointed there are no "Yo Dawg" memes in this thread. Internet please fix this.

Hope I don't get another warning for this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post

Hope I don't get another warning for this.
    It's not quite as bad as the WoW forums where I got a week ban for saying "Fucking Russians" in a thread containing 3 screenshots of 3 different Russian arena teams fly hacking

10+ Year Old Account
    that image is basically how i felt when i tried the ret pally t16 divine storm bonus.