Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    ...lol...last century...=,=" some people are so mainstream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    In an advanced civilization, basic stuff like food, drink, shelter, clothes and healthcare should be provided to all for free.
    Not going to argue that but entertainment is not a basic need, and wow is a video game, thus a product designed for entertainment.

if this game goes F2P with a bigger cash shop then it has atm i'm done...
    I'm a special snowflake deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by ikewu83 View Post
    The business mode for WOW is the sub, and it is root of all evil, it should change to the freeplay mode!!!
    Ya I am sorry, for the amount of hours I get out of a wow sub every month, for $15, its just about the best value i get for my money out of anything I spend money on. the alternative to this would be a very different game. if you think the cash shop is bad now (it isnt), make wow f2p and look how bad it gets. seriously go look at the swtor cash shop. its mind blowingly overwhelming. so much of it is buy only even if you are subbed. this is how they keep it afloat.

even in wows current condition its still the only mmo im willing to shell money (or gold) out for each month)

I love these idiots yelling F2P is better than P2P because I don't have to pay a monthly subscription fee!
    Wrong. If WoW goes F2P guess what happens? Do you think the Blizz Store is annoying now hogging all the cool mounts and pets? Imagine the same thing, with gear, enchants, gems, all better than in-game ones just because you can purchase them. They will probably still be acquirable in-game but the grind will make you gouge out your eyes with a spoon. Maybe even a special snowflake WoW account rank where you again, pay a subscription fee, and as a result your character will be much more advanced then other characters without the special snowflake rank. Is this what you want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ikewu83 View Post
    The business mode for WOW is the sub, and it is root of all evil, it should change to the freeplay mode!!!
    This is an argument that cannot be refuted.
    This thread will go many places.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I love these idiots yelling F2P is better than P2P because I don't have to pay a monthly subscription fee!
    Wrong. If WoW goes F2P guess what happens? Do you think the Blizz Store is annoying now hogging all the cool mounts and pets? Imagine the same thing, with gear, enchants, gems, all better than in-game ones just because you can purchase them. They will probably still be acquirable in-game but the grind will make you gouge out your eyes with a spoon. Maybe even a special snowflake WoW account rank where you again, pay a subscription fee, and as a result your character will be much more advanced then other characters without the special snowflake rank. Is this what you want?
    People don't understand that :P
    But Im fairly certain that if wow went f2p, the f2p-model would be very restrictive... similar to EQ since they seem to like to inherit ideas from that game.
    Either way, it wouldn't be a sight for sore eyes... and people would still have to subscribe to be able to play somewhat decently, just that could add additional costs (like flying for example) to be unlocked above ordinary subfee. Yea, the game could end up cost more

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is F2P for me because I buy the token with my gold. Is this now all about splitting hairs? And by your logic even Wildstar or GW2 is B2P because you buy the initial game (and possibly x-pacs in the future)
    GW is definitely B2P. For WoW, you still have to pay something to be able to play it, even if it is "just" ingame money. A game isn't F2P unless you can play(legally) it with no further action beyond that necessary to start it up.(I.e. downloads, installing etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You can play without paying money. F2P doesn't mean that nobody pays money, just that any one individual can play without doing so.

Though WoW still isn't really F2P since you can't play past 20 without buying a token, either.

That aside, for WoW the F2P model just isn't worthwile. Game's to big for that.
    wow is f2p until 20
    then it is b2p(you must buy wow+expacs+sub)

IMO buying tokens isn't f2p
    it just means someone else is paying your sub for you
    if someone's mom pays for their sub fee it doesn't mean it's free all of the sudden

It is F2P for me because I buy the token with my gold. Is this now all about splitting hairs? And by your logic even Wildstar or GW2 is B2P because you buy the initial game (and possibly x-pacs in the future)
    all because you personally aren't paying out of pocket doesn't mean your sub was free
    someone paid for it even if it wasn't you
    and yes... wild star and GW2 are b2p because you need to buy the game to play them, just like you need to buy wow to play it(past lv20)

it's not splitting hairs, wow requires some $$$ to play, especially if you're a new player

Deleted
    The business model for WoW is still raking in 3-digit number of M$ revenue.
    The trick is, it's not properly propagated to designers and developers, so while it's still millions of people, it's now a well deserved 3M less.

Lets change to free play, instead of getting 7,000,000*13$ a month.

I am sure freeplay would bring in more than 91,000,000$ a month.