Thread: Leveling 90+

Leveling 90+

New as mage, boosted up to 90. I guess fire is out of the question, what spec to level as? Arcane or frost?, Will level mostly by doing quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Idge View Post
    New as mage, boosted up to 90. I guess fire is out of the question, what spec to level as? Arcane or frost?, Will level mostly by doing quests.
    why is fire out of the question. I am lvling my mage as fire and its easy and fun. i switch between that and frost

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled as Fire in full Mythic SoO gear and after the first 6-7 levels I found Frost to be more effective. You can level as any spec really, but I’d recommend Frost for a new mage. It plays well at any ilvl, and it has the most control/survivability of any of the mage specs which I think is most useful for a new mage. We can do a lot of great things with kiting, AoE but we’re squishy (especially the last few levels) and having the largest control kit is helpful.

I actually found arcane to be the better levelling spec. Ive levelled 2 mages in wod one was frost full mythic SOO gear and one was arcane with full BOAS. So a substantial gear difference especially at the start and i found the second one easier. With arcane you stay at 4 stacks the whole time and practically 1 hit every mob and that was in BOA's. In the end id say all are easy in a sense just pick whichever you enjoy more.

Well, he did say newly boosted to 90, so he probably only has 463 gear. It's definitely possible to play fire, but he might be having fun.

Frost with Mirror Images. Should be able to all 3+ player quests even.

Quote Originally Posted by Sennin View Post
    Frost with Mirror Images. Should be able to all 3+ player quests even.
    Yup, this is what I do.

I just recently brought back a 70 mage that was put on the shelf. Leveling fire is not out of the question. It doesn't allow you promote good practice with level15 talent. When i hit 91 crafted 675 staff and 685 trinket. Most fun you will have playing fire.

Frost. Kite anything that can be kited.

You could kinda do Arcane, but Frost is way better.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.