Deleted

Next Expansion Topic.

You guys think that the next expansion will be just as the same as WoD but lesser dungeons, and patches?

Judging from the interviews, I feel blizzard didn't learn anything out of giving small amount of content and I think they will continue this.

thoughts?

I'm starting to think not a whole lot of people are interested in the next WoW expansion m8.

Deleted
    Yes. The last interview was alarming. They basically said, the patches we got in WoD will be the standard from now on.

There are many things that need changing in the next expansion imo. Not too hopeful about it.

We can atleast hope for the next xpac having 2 big pathces, not just 1,5 like WoD had..

11.05.2012 - 11.01.15 | 22.07.15 - Present

Deleted
    I am pretty sure at blizzcon they will tell all that this exp. pack will have:

more dungeons
    more raids
    more content
    more quests
    more BG's
    more zones
    more of everything

The problem is they lost my trust in them with WoD and blizzard can prove to me if they still can make good exp. packs.
    Pre-order is not going to happen anymore and i will wait for reviewers i watch on YouTube to tell me if its good or not.
    What ever they will tell at blizzcon about it i will not beleave them anymore before i see it ingame.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I don't mind 2 content patches, aslong as they are awesome, like 5.1 and 5.2.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I'm thinking they need to trademark the next expansion's name soon, or something needs to be leaked to suggest there is some kind of progress happening, otherwise we're looking at 14 months of HFC and another 3 million subs lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eskilfm View Post
    We can atleast hope for the next xpac having 2 big pathces, not just 1,5 like WoD had..
    What gives you that hope?

The only thing that will make the next expansion good is:

8 leveling zones.
    7.1, 7.2, 7.3 all having raids and atleast 1 dungeon.
    World PvP zone.
    1 new Arena.
    2 new Battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by IllidanStormrage View Post
    What gives you that hope?
    Good question.

11.05.2012 - 11.01.15 | 22.07.15 - Present

We'll probably get the main 7.0 patch then 7.1 will be the minor patch that includes some small feature they couldn't include at launch. I doubt we'll get a second raid tier next expansion.

I think it's more the patch pattern they're looking to continue in future expansions, rather than the same content.

So we could expect:
    x.0 = Launch patch, Raid tier 1 (6-8 bosses)
    x.1 - Smaller patch, expanding on content that's already there, perhaps a new rep, Raid tier 2 (8-10 bosses)
    x.2 = Larger content patch, new zone, new reputations, new features, Raid tier 3 (12-14 bosses)

I feel like this sort of cycle, providing the content is solid and appealing, would be fine. The problem with WoD was mostly due to the fact that a lot of the end game content was unappealing, not that it wasn't there. No one bothered with the reputations, world bosses etc for very long, so these features need to be a lot more solid in the next expansion so we actually have stuff to do. MoP had the right idea, as all the content was rewarding even late into the expansion. People still farmed Sha and Galleon right up to SoO, and still put groups together for scenarios and HC dungeons. WoD content is shallow and gets burnt through too quickly, so while MoP was overwhelming, they should look back to it and see how well it actually did end game content.

If they learn from this, even with a shorter expansion and 1 less raid tier, I think we'd still be getting out money's worth.

7+ Year Old Account
    aslong as they keep making great raids and bossfights like theyve done since ulduar (except toc, ruby and ds) i dont care if there's 1 content patch or 20.

If we follow the pattern the games gone through since it's creation, next expansion will be the last expansion to feature 2 raid tiers and any that follow will have 1 raid tier.

TBC - 3 raid tiers (Though honestly i consider sunwell it's own raid tier. The expansion definitely had as much raid content as wrath)
    Wrath - 4 raid tiers
    Cata - 3 raid tiers
    MoP - 3 raid tiers
    WoD - 2 raid tiers
    Xpac 6 - 2 raid tiers
    Xpac 7 - 1 raid tier

By expansion 9 i think they'll be charging for content patches tbh. I have no faith left in blizzard. Honestly, i wouldn't expect things to get better, they've been looking for the bare minimum since Cataclysm.
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2015-07-03 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingEye View Post
    You guys think that the next expansion will be just as the same as WoD but lesser dungeons, and patches?

Judging from the interviews, I feel blizzard didn't learn anything out of giving small amount of content and I think they will continue this.

thoughts?
    well from a business perspective (their's), if working less overall but generating the same or higher level of sales works, then they'll continue to do so
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Quote Originally Posted by anakin57 View Post
    well from a business perspective (their's), if working less overall but generating the same or higher level of sales works, then they'll continue to do so
    They're definitely producing less but I highly doubt they're working less, especially with an increased workforce.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I hope for is some kind of long leveling content just as big as Kalimdor+EK. A massive amount of zones. And countless of dungeons that give meaningful and elongated character progression before raids. Chances are 0% though....

It will probably end up in 5 formula 1 racing zones, 1 repeatable dungeon, a new form of apexis dailies and 9 difficulties of 1 raid. Oh jolly.
    Last edited by Arenis; 2015-07-04 at 03:00 PM. Reason: typo