7+ Year Old Account

What did you like and not like from each expansion?

TL;DR: What was something you liked and didn't like from each expansion?
    Vanilla Like:
    Vanilla Dislike:

Burning Crusade Like:
    Burning Crusade Dislike:

Wrath of the Lich King Like:
    Wrath of the Lich King Dislike:

Cataclysm Like:
    Cataclysm Dislike:

Mists of Pandaria Like:
    Mists of Pandaria Dislike:

Warlords of Draenor Like:
    Warlords of Draenor Dislike:

Curious to know what everyone liked and did not like from the various expansions of World of Warcraft.
    If you weren't around during an expansion just write "N/A"

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla Like: Noob Wonder
    Vanilla Dislike: Very hard to figure out what the hell was going on (I was 12 though)

Burning Crusade Like: Blood elfs were wicked
    Burning Crusade Dislike: Resilience separated PvP and PvE

Wrath of the Lich King Like: The Story was unreal.
    Wrath of the Lich King Dislike: It felt like only 3 classes were viable at times and the rest could have been one of the other classes

Cataclysm Like: Vash'jir was a cool new concept for a zone
    Cataclysm Dislike: Reforging the world ruined all of my nostalgia memories.

Mists of Pandaria Like: Challenge Modes are my favourite piece of content ever.
    Mists of Pandaria Dislike: Wasn't a fan of the lore, didn't feel engaged much at all.

Warlords of Draenor Like: The new Character models are the only thing I can say here
    Warlords of Draenor Dislike: It feels like a glorified cell phone game

Deleted
    Vanilla Like:
    - The community (mature)
    - The journey into the world we played in at WC3
    - The BG's
    - The PvP ladder system

Vanilla Dislike:
    - Reputation grinds
    - The high end raiding was almost impossible to get into
    - The no mounts - no flying (10 min walks from ? to objectives)

Burning Crusade Like:
    - The zones design
    - Adding of Arena's
    - Flying
    - Netherwing reputation
    - Tier sets design
    - The 5m Dungeons (best ingame for me)
    - Raids (Kara one of the best)
    - Adding Blood Elfs and Draenei

Burning Crusade Dislike:
    - No shared Mob kills (waiting for a respawntimer is boring as hell)
    - Unlock shaman and paladin for both factions

- Storyline
    - Raid (Ulduar-ICC-NAxx has been the best exp. pack raid-wise for me)
    - Reputations (Tabards)
    - PvP zone in outside world
    - Best looking city ingame (Dalaran)
    - Adding Deathknight class

- Maybe the zones are abit alike

Cataclysm Like:
    - Few dungeons where good
    - Mount design was good
    - Adding LFR (yes i became casual in this exp. pack without it this would be the point i would had quit)
    - Adding Goblins and Worgen

Cataclysm Dislike:
    - Storyline was bad
    - Re-use of old dungeons and even in DS raid re-use of a zone?
    - Zones where apart from each other with portal hubs in the city
    - Not alot of dungeons
    - Very liniar questline

Mists of Pandaria Like:
    - Storyline
    - Zone design
    - good patches (maybe the best patches of the exp. pack by changing the gameplay)
    - Rares in the world
    - World Bosses (best in the game so far)
    - Best race starting zone so far (pandaren)
    - Monk class

- Pandaren (there are better fitting races out there for both factions)
    - The tier design
    - Longest timeskip ever SoO
    - Not alot of 5m dungeons (in leveling you had the same over and over and over again)
    - Timeless isle (dont like sandbox model)

- New race models
    - Zone designs
    - Leveling experience

- Garrison
    - AC daily
    - Mount over-use
    - Tier designs
    - No PvP content
    - Imbalance of PvP (worst state ever)
    - No Flying at max level
    - Follower system (shipyard aswell)
    - World boss (loot table)
    - LFR (You destroyed it with removing tier sets and make it easier)
    - Having outpost abilities in leveling (OP abilities you can solo group quests with it?)
    - Reputations (back to vanilla time really?)
    - No content patches
    - Not alot of 5m dungeons
    - Remove of Valor/JP system
    - Remove of reforge
    - States on gear maing it RNG?
    - Storyline (timetravel/Multi-verse is bad for the overall story)
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2015-07-03 at 02:57 PM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla Like:
    All those little RPG elements. World was fresh and new.
    Vanilla Dislike:
    Raiding inaccessibility, bugs, and incomplete feel.

Burning Crusade Like:
    New systems and great dungeons.
    Burning Crusade Dislike:
    Too much Naaru stuff; too sci-fi.

Story, DKs, and theme.
    Easy-mode, AOE fest dungeons. Much of the gear was silly with cartoon skulls everywhere.

Cataclysm Like:
    New stories in old zones, old raids converted to new dungeons, and better questing.
    Cataclysm Dislike:
    Never got into the Twilight story. Too much Horde bias. Too many things cut.

Mists of Pandaria Like:
    So much to do. It is like the buffet table of WoW. Gorgeous art.
    Theme was too saturated and felt disconnected from the rest of WoW. Needed more dungeons.

Questing was fun, the art is awesome, and I liked treasure hunting.
    Professions butchered, reputations ignored (till last minute), and too much cut content like Karabor/Bladespire and Farahlon.

Vanilla Like: Everything
    Vanilla Dislike: It ruined my life

Burning Crusade Like: Everything
    Burning Crusade Dislike: It ruined my life

Wrath of the Lich King Like: Everything
    Wrath of the Lich King Dislike: It ruined my life

Cataclysm Like: Questing, first raid tier
    Cataclysm Dislike: It still ruined my life

Mists of Pandaria Like: Mostly nothing
    Mists of Pandaria Dislike: It still ruined my life

Warlords of Draenor Like: It gave me my life back
    Warlords of Draenor Dislike: Everything

Honestly, I'm not even going to bother going back to BC with this as I barely played it.

Wrath:
    Liked: Class Changes, Death Knights, A Legitimate Big Bad from the start
    Disliked: The setting (if you thought Pandaria was "halfassed racism" then this area was friggin blackface minstrel show territory) and "There Must Always Be A Lich King."

Cataclysm:
    Liked: The class changes, reinventing the world (a lot of new quests were great), BWD (especially Nafarian's dialog/hardmodes), Firelands and all associated content, and Vashj'ir.
    Disliked: The way Deathwing was handled, the way stories sort of "ended" without really being important in the future (which happened after Wrath too, I guess) and Dragon Soul in general.

Pandaria:
    Liked: The daily system (best content period in the game's history), the lore, and the culminating questing arc of Southern Pandaria. Also the Thunderking's lines and voice acting. ("Slayer of kings and gods. You have made a grave mistake.")
    Disliked:
    The faction canon split right from the first quest (Who got there first and which one was being evil? Garrosh using Warlocks and Alliance using slaves? What?), the obsession with the Horde and Garrosh and Orcs that took over 70% of the expansion's lifespan, and the player obsession with "waaa, pandas! this isn't warcraft!" when the expansion contained nearly everything to do with Warcraft outside of Arthas.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Anything said liked/disliked from a previous expansion was also liked/disliked in the following expansions unless stated otherwise.

Vanilla Like: Everything was new, meeting new people. Summoning the bosses in av.
    Vanilla Dislike: Discovering while farming one day that my ret paladin was completely shit dps when a rogue was taking down 4 mobs to my 1. Trying to get a group taking an hr and a half then having someone drop group or no one has key. Waiting hours for av. grinding the gold for first epic mount. Raping everyone in duels with my rogue, increasing gold cost for swaping specs.

Burning Crusade Like: Tanking some boss fights on my rogue in Kara, flying, the two new playable races, New planet, actually did viable dmg as ret, the arena group quests(Crucible of Carnage,AoA,etc)
    Burning Crusade Dislike: Grinds, trying to farm netherwing rep with 5000 people egg hunting,

Wrath of the Lich King Like: Dks, Wintersgrasp,
    Wrath of the Lich King Dislike: some of the grinds

Cataclysm Like: Male worgen and female goblins,
    Cataclysm Dislike: Tol Barad, Horde/Ally war, Garrosh, Female Worgens and male goblins, all the shit goblins polluted/destroyed, this is basically the point where I feel pvp just shits all over the storyline and logic.

Mists of Pandaria Like: Monks, storyline for the most part, Jinyu, pandaren, mantid, mogu, Stopping Garrosh, easier reps for alts later on, the celestials, pet battles,
    Mists of Pandaria Dislike: That jinyu wern't playable.

Warlords of Draenor Like: the ideas of garrisons, ship yard, followers, etc,
    Warlords of Draenor Dislike: Ashran, no faction hubs, the shipyard we got, no flying, trying to force world pvp that shit will never be successful, the only reason we did it in vanilla is cause there was nothing else. I do hope they continue to try and make pvp zones like wintergrasp even tho all the ones after it have been complete trash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla Like: Everything was new, the zones were incredible, the world seemed so much bigger
    Vanilla Dislike: Everyone was new and it brought a load of shit, badly itemized, badly optimized, pvp was a mess

Burning Crusade Like: Raiding, heroic dungeons, Shattrath, the lore, Characters from WC3 started to turn up more and more, attunements, content felt more exclusive and required effort to reach that level
    Burning Crusade Dislike: Badly itemized, arena gear and the current gear system started to come into play.

Wrath of the Lich King Like: Icecrown, Ulduar, the original ideas of hard modes, new class, new dungeons most tiers of content, a more balanced class approach with attempts to make all specs more viable
    Wrath of the Lich King Dislike: Gear score made it's debut, welfare epics, laughable easy-mode heroic dungeons, on/off heroic raids from TOTC, the start of the great casualization of WoW

Cataclysm Like: Firelands was kind of cool to look at I guess? Optional boss Sinestra was a nice touch
    Cataclysm Dislike: Raid content took a nosedive, Blizzard had no idea who they were aiming content for difficulty wise, Deathwing's fucking toenails?, repackaged old dungeons as new heroic dungeon content, Tol Barad, back to SW/Org, nerfing of all heroic dungeon content to suit the clowns who bought/carried over from WotLK.

Mists of Pandaria Like: Shit load of content I guess? New zones looked as impressive as the first time I went to Outland, SoO was fine; at least we fought a last boss, story progression of Garrosh/Horde was interesting.
    Mists of Pandaria Dislike: Daily fucking quests never ended, pvp started to drift back to "take xyz combo's of classes or lose", BMAH made effort irrelevant, there was fuck all to do outside of raiding/Arena

Warlords of Draenor Like: The fact I could finally quit this game after 9 years
    Warlords of Draenor Dislike: The fact that in 2 weeks of playing without quitting this expansion effectively killed a 9 year old game for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by danildoen View Post
    Warlords of Draenor Like: It gave me my life back
    Warlords of Draenor Dislike: Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Warlords of Draenor Like: The fact I could finally quit this game after 9 years
    Warlords of Draenor Dislike: The fact that in 2 weeks of playing without quitting this expansion effectively killed a 9 year old game for me.

If it weren't the only means of staying in touch with old friends (they never text/skype/anything really) I'd be right there with you guys.
    Hopeful that they turn it around next expansion though. I do like WoW and want it to succeed again.

Deleted
    Vanilla: didn't play back then.

Burning Crusade Like: flying, draenei, attunements
    Burning Crusade Dislike: class imbalance, too many attunements

Wrath of the Lich King Like: Back to the "original" Warcraft (WC3), rich lore, undead, Lich King, paladins
    Wrath of the Lich King Dislike: ICC felt less epic than what I had anticipated.

Cataclysm Like:
    Cataclysm Dislike: Leaving many nice zones ruined for good, nerfing of dungeon difficulty because of noisy retards

Mists of Pandaria Like: Jade Forest looked nice.
    Mists of Pandaria Dislike: everything related to pandaren, half-assed lore, blatant attempt to lick Chinese asses, too much forced grind (Timeless isle etc.), soulbound crafting mats, farm

Warlords of Draenor Like: Looked nice when leveling for the first time. Second time was "not this shit again".

The crying of lazy idiots caused by "no flying" gave me great pleasure.

Warlords of Draenor Dislike: everything revolves around garrisons, fucked-up professions, carved-in-stone storytelling that forces you to do everything in the same way in the same order on every toon, ruining of good old currency system, lack of proper dailies, too much phasing to unlock...

...in short, pretty much everything.

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    If it weren't the only means of staying in touch with old friends (they never text/skype/anything really) I'd be right there with you guys.
    Welcome to the club.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2015-07-03 at 05:51 PM.