Deleted

Question Simple question on Gul'dan.

Isn't Gul'dan expected to be the Final Boss according to lore on Quest texts? I see his name in ship missions all the time "We'll take the fight to Gul'dan".

When they said "final patch" did they also mention that at all? Unless it goes to next expansion or something..

Deleted
    Gul'dan's soul is being ripped out of his body by KJ atm.
    Dont see him come back any time soon.

Gul'dan is a done deal.

It's over unless they pull a Ruby Sanctum out of their asses and shove him into it which I don't see them doing. I mean he already had fucking Mannoroth and Archimonde as his legion allies, who else could he possibly get to help him if 2 out of the 4 most powerful demons in the legion got popped already? Makes no sense summoning even more demons when they could only be weaker.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

They said Grom was supposed to be the final boss. They never said anything about Gul'dan being the final boss. And it will go into the next expansion. I think WoD ultimately was an excuse to bring Gul'dan back to life because they are out of good villians and it gives them a reason to try to bring Sargeras to Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    They said Grom was supposed to be the final boss. They never said anything about Gul'dan being the final boss. And it will go into the next expansion. I think WoD ultimately was an excuse to bring Gul'dan back to life because they are out of good villians and it gives them a reason to try to bring Sargeras to Azeroth.

That might be a good idea.

Gul'dan will be back wearing the Lich King's armor, dual wielding Frostmourne and Gorehowl while riding on Deathwing...cuz timetravel and stuffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan's last major actions are in Hellfire Citadel, ultimately summoning Archimonde with the intent that he leads the Burning Legion forces to destroy Draenor. With Archimonde's defeat and Gul'dan being cast into the Twisting Nether, he's pretty much no longer an immediate threat to Draenor. Hence, the main story is concluded.

It's said that we are bringing the fight to Gul'dan because he was the "leader" of the Fel Horde. He was the one we wanted to stop as he was bringing the Legion into Draenor, and as such we had to stop him. It just so happens that when we got to him he had summon Archy so we were forced into fighting him while Gul'dan tried to do portal shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Isn't Gul'dan expected to be the Final Boss according to lore on Quest texts? I see his name in ship missions all the time "We'll take the fight to Gul'dan".

When they said "final patch" did they also mention that at all? Unless it goes to next expansion or something..
    The ship missions take place before we set foot in HFC. Obv your followers don't know about Archimonde being summoned. Before you explore HFC, it's clear that Gul'dan = the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I believe they will use him as a catalyst for a future expansion, just like garrosh was for WoD. Garrosh's purpose of living was ONLY to bridge into this xpac. Gul'dan will be the same for another expansion. Gul'dan is a villain everyone loves to hate. He will die eventually, possibly similar to garrosh, but only once he's set forth an expansions worth of lore going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    He won't be the final boss. The entire point of WoD was solely to get Gul'dan alive and well so they can use him as a villain again.
    That is completely cynical of you to suggest there was one reason for this diversion.

You forgot to mention familiarising players with half the cast of the movie next year which, if the original schedule had been kept to, would have been out at Christmas well before the next expansion is even due.

So there were TWO.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    The entire point of WoD was solely to get Gul'dan alive and well so they can use him as a villain again.
    Here, have some internet points.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    Gul'dan will be back wearing the Lich King's armor, dual wielding Frostmourne and Gorehowl while riding on Deathwing...cuz timetravel and stuffs.
    + Commanding an army of old gods. Because, Blizz.

Madness will consume you!!!