Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oglaf View Post
    You needed to pay much more attention to things like aggro, so much so that I got the impression in dungeons and raids DPS weren't that important. Did people give a damn about DPS in Vanilla, did players attack each other when the DPS were too low? Was there a "too low"?
    no one cared about dps until Wrath.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post

Only if you raided in shit guild. I was in top guilds and we had like 20 people on standby at all times ready to switch in for someone. We had some future PAragon players for example like Nakkimon (rogue who i believe no longer plays) and so on. You didn't have afk problems or getting enough people to raid. If you were #1 on realm people naturally came to you in droves.
    The "half the raid afked" thing I think comes from bads that never saw anything past Rag. If your guild cleared BWL there is very little chance you had people afking. Class calls on Nefarian required that everyone be paying attention. Even while farming MC once we where in Aq40/Naxx we didn't have people afking because we wanted to clear it as fast as possible... we never did get a TF. On my server we had three guilds in AQ40/Naxx and pretty much everyone else was stuck in MC or if they where lucky Vael.

My best proof is Onyxia which we ran as two 20 man raids and we also had a few people sitting out waiting to join when someone else had to go for whatever reason.

DPS was a factor, you couldn't kill any bosses without it but it was no where near what it is today. Wasn't until Wrath when it all really started with the "bring the player not the class" philosophy took over. I fondly remember playing my shadow priest in BC and being the dispell bitch on Mu'ru (man I miss those days). Shadow priest wasn't the greatest at dps but they had a job to do so as long as you could press a few buttons between dispelling you got to see all the fights. Every class had a job and people knew it and understood it and frankly wanted to do it that is why they rolled that class to start with. Now, every class can do everything so people like to wave their big dicks around with meters because its really the only "job" you have in a raid or dungeon. Gone are the days of needing CC classes, gone are the days of needing a mas dispell, gone are the days detect magic (man I miss AQ40 too), gone are the days...

WotLK; start of the downfall of what was a great game.
    Last edited by Vago; 2015-08-01 at 02:27 AM.

Deleted
    Not if I recount.