Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You say enough with the humans and orcs then the first race you list as needing more lore is humans...
    Worgen don't count.

- - - Updated - - -

I think a lot of the stories in Cataclysm that were never finished and left open need to be finished, especially Alliance side. Which were left undone because they "Ran out of time"
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    Mother vs daughter. This will make an excellent erotic video.
    Rule 34 dude....rule 34.

I am definitely not googling though. Who will be the first?
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Worgen fucking please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Worgen fucking please and thank you.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but didn't they finish their storyline in a novel?

I really hate how they tie of lore threads outside of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but didn't they finish their storyline in a novel?

I really hate how they tie of lore threads outside of the game.
    Well, they haven't recaptured their homeland from Sylvanas and the Gilnean Liberation Front is a thing, so no.

All that happened in the novel was Genn Greymane and Varian learned to understand eachother, and Varian took some Worgen and kicked the shit out of Orcs in Ashenvale. A good time, but they certainly didn't tie up many loose ends in the Worgen storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Well, they haven't recaptured their homeland from Sylvanas and the Gilnean Liberation Front is a thing, so no.

All that happened in the novel was Genn Greymane and Varian learned to understand eachother, and Varian took some Worgen and kicked the shit out of Orcs in Ashenvale. A good time, but they certainly didn't tie up many loose ends in the Worgen storyline.
    OH thank god. That means there is a chance they may tie up those threads IN GAME. I hate when they finish a storyline in a some obscure novel.

Deleted
    Horde: Trolls, Tauren, Undead

Alliance: Worgen, Dwarves, Gnomes, Nightelves

everyone else got some attention recently

I'm gonna guess that you're an alliance player since your post is very one sided toward the alliance. So, first things first, they have always said that they want to keep the status quo between the alliance and horde thus making the gilneas story line dead in its tracks because in order for the gilneans to get their home back the undead (and horde) would have to lose which blizz doesn't want to do.

Secondly, the gnomes were a last minute add in to vanilla and thus are vey shallow which means there's not much they can do with the lore, and they also suffer from the same problem as the gilneans; blizzard wants to preserve the status quo.

Thirdly, blizzard has learned that putting a lot of art development and resources into building a functional capital city is not worth it because all the players will stay in the most convenient place, so fixing grim batol, reclaiming gnomeregan, rebuilding kezan, or founding a city in the undermine is a bit wasteful; not to mention the fact that the status quo comes into play yet again, the alliance have 4 racial capital cities and the horde has 4 racial capital cities, so if they let us reclaim gnomeregan then they have to give horde a capital city and that means more waste because unless they are the most convenient capital city then they won't be used.

Fourthly, giving an awesome story line centered on one race is very cool for people who like that race, but if you're not on that faction or don't like that race then it can be very unappealing to the player base as a whole thus lore that is driven by things going on in the world as a whole that gives incidental lore screen time to some races or classes has a much broader appeal rather than having a gnome-centric story line, goblin-centric story line, tauren-centric story line, worgen-centric story line, etc

Finally, shallow lore doesn't only affect gnomes, and so a lot of times it comes down to deciding if throwing in new lore or story to a race is better than touching on one of the many unresolved story lines such as Azshara and the naga, Ozumat and Neptulon, The Titans and the missing Titan mentioned in MoP, Tyr the missing guardian of Ulduar, Bolvar and the Lich King, Illidan being dead or not, Maev and her bigotry against magic using night elves, Anduin and the Army of Light, The remains of the Tomb of Sargeras, the Troll king and his sinking island, Old Gods, The other side of Azeroth (south of the equator), The opposite Karazhan where Sargeras did a lot of work through Medivh, The fey dragon ring in tirisfal and the other things going on there, The state of Kul'tiras, and many more completely untouched and unresolved story lines that are pre-existing that a lot of people want to see resolved.

Deleted
    They've given the factions victories over the other loads of times. The original Forsaken conquest of Gilneas is an example of that. If they want to have the Alliance reclaim Gilneas they can.