Deleted

When will the next expac be trademarked?

They used to trademark expansions months in advance until WoD, when they trademarked about a week before the announce.

When do you think the next expansion will be trademarked? Where can I see the Blizzard trademarks?

They may of trademarked it in an area where there are no online databases, from what i've read in other threads. If not, maybe today a trademark will appear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thruggy View Post
    They may of trademarked it in an area where there are no online databases, from what i've read in other threads. If not, maybe today a trademark will appear.
    Do you know where I can look at all Blizz trademarks?

I just saw the images and links in the main thread, so not sure where. Maybe someone will post them again.

I think that it likely already is, but in a country that does not have an online database- this is the way they trademarked Hearthstone. Some countries in a certain group will essentially "reserve" your trademark in other countries within that group, and you can file your trademark in one of those countries that does not have an online database to "hide" it.

I typically don't search the databases myself, but I expect you can probably figure out where the various search engines are via Google.

I am pretty confident that since we do not have it by this point we won't have it till they announce it. I have been wrong in the past though, so who knows

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably already did, but they went the extra mile to hide it this time through the offline database. I guess they kinda learned from the ''semi'' spoiler-ish trademarks that spread through the web a bit before said announcement.

It is interesting times indeed, announcements outside of Blizzcon, AND offline databases for trademarks.

The fact that we didn't have a legit trademark leak suggest that we will probably not know what the expansion is till they announce it. Previous expansions had leaks over a week before the announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    Do you know where I can look at all Blizz trademarks?
    Is it really so hard to type "trademark database" or something similar into Google? I don't think so - I just did, you should try it too

Besides... There's a lot of people digging in that area and if a trademark was registered, someone would surely have found it by now. No offence, mate, but if you have problems with searching for the database itself, I highly doubt you would be able to find something that others haven't.

P.S. By registered trademark I mean a trademark that is registered and can be found through online search. It's completely possible that Blizzard registered the trademark in a country that doesn't have an online database.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2015-08-04 at 08:10 AM.