Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
As part of the cumulative, passive self-healing it does contribute to your survival ability. Your argument that it's so small, it's better to ignore is somewhat misguided because you could say the same thing about stats on gear. "Oh look, my helm only gives me X amount of Stats. I can run without one." The stats on one piece of gear alone wouldn't make a substantial difference, but taken as a whole they add up and that matters.

An additional effective 3% effective reduction in damage taken does pay dividends, esp in pve where incoming damage is relatively flat. Burst damage, like the kind you face in pvp, renders the extra heal from RS practically worthless BUT the fact that HST can heal two targets with RS is not worthless.
Except that this isn't a decision between RS or nothing at all, so the analogy is bunk. The fact that HST heals two targets is definitely worthless when your pets should never require healing and you arent going to make talent selections based on providing incidental healing to some guy whose isn't in your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
It's a bit more than 1%, as I said, if you consider HST and HST+RS more of a damage reduction than a heal. If you can pull 10 mobs as baseline with normal HST and no AG, then with HST+RS you could pull 3 more each time while with AG you can pull 5 more every 2 mins.

So in the same 2 min time frame:
HST+RS: 4 * 3 = 12 + 10 = 22
AG: 10 + 5 = 15

HST+RS still comes out ahead and post AG nerf it's just not that good.
Based on your numbers it is a 1.5% reduction in damage. You said the mobs are dealing 20k DPS, HST is healing you for 2kHPS, RS contributes 300(15%) of that. If you're pulling 10 mobs then each one is in the neighborhood of 2kDPS. The 300HPS from RS (2100 healing over 15sec) is no where close to covering 1 additional mob (30000dmg over 15secs), damn sure not 3 (90000dmg) of them. Even if it was 3% you are no where near covering the health youd lose.