Blood Dk Question

So, the healers in my guild say that im a bit to squishy when im tanking. This is weird to me cause i think i do just fine, puling around 30 -40k healing and ranking Blue in tanking most of the time. After looking at my logs for tanking, i cant see anything that would suggest that I am squishy.

My logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...20532/latest/#

Is there something im doing wrong that I can not see?

Blood Dks health dive a bit, but with a well timed Death Strike almost if not all damage is restored. Just the way the class plays. If you haven't, don't be scared to freely use Rune Tap, Vamp Blood, Bone shield, ect. The cooldowns are short and help quite a bit to keep the crazy dives in health in check.

With the right setup... its possible to out heal the healers while tanking. (Happens more than you know)

Thats what im saying, im healing alot yet they complain im hard to heal

I looked at your better heroic Fel Lord Zakuun log.

You take Defile and hardly use it (1 cast in a 4:16 fight).

You don't use Plague Leech at all.

Your Death Strike count is very low.

Using Reaper's Harvest (yuck!), and Death Coil is still only your third highest source of damage, so you're not Death Coiling enough.

Let's say there is only two bosses on HFC HM where "tanking" can mean something.
    I'm too lazy to check Velhari, so let's talk about Zakuun.

First of all go to "Cast" tab and ask yourself "who stole my plague leech!?", then look at defile, bloodboil and rune tap amount (more/less/more need to be done). At this boss, since you able to well manage blood charges (really gj), you better go 6 death runes.

Then go to "Healing" tab and choice "Disarmed phase". Not much overheal from DS - gj. 1/18 healing from "class trink" with 50% overheal (so 1/9 of your healing as best in best situation for this trink). Now change phase to "Enraged phase" and analysis by yourself.

Go to the "Resources" tab and check runic power - gj here. Then check hp resource, you will see 3 major drops, which probably count for healers as "squishy tank". For example, highlight first 2 drops and go to healing tab to be sure you not overheal during this drops, then go buff tab. Here i see: potion, icebound, v-blood and DRW, as well as 2 externals (P-supresion and Vigiliance). If 2nd tank stayed with you for whole duration - that must be enough. Imho no you fault here. Three things which you can make better in this situation: 1) use ERW, 2) delay ring to this phase (you don't need ring at start, you will able to use it twice per fight anyway, so better keep it for disarmed and enrage than for start and between enrage/disarmed time), use BoS on disarmed and enrage phases (ofc if you have enough ms+vial).

Hope it helps.
    Sorry for my English, derp.

The main reason a healer would complain about DKs being squishy isn't because of your healing done. It's because of your cooldown management. You need to figure out when you can expect big bursts of damage, and have cooldowns up *prior* to it, to never "spike". DKs are the tank class with the most cooldowns available, but with the highest damage intake. Only way to combat it is by learning the encounters and using rune tap/AMS/BS/Vamp/DRW/Pact/Leech/well timed DS to counter spikes.

Also, don't use reduction cds after taking a big spike. Think of it this way - you have 600K hit, the boss melee swings for 250K, and you suddenly dip to 100K health. Even if you pop IBF in a panic, the next melee swing from the boss would do 250K*0.5 = 125K damage and kill you. You need to anticipate that is going to happen and pop IBF before the spike.
    If you have to counter a sudden spike, use Vamp blood+Plague leech to get a few instant DS's off to selfheal, or use death pact.

7+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you're using rune taps - try not to stack them with vamp blood if you can help it, as someone says if you're running with defile make sure you're using it off CD, Plague Leech is amazing but you need to make sure you're using it, if it's too much to manage then take Runic Corruption. Boneshield should always be up or used off CD, do you have a resolve meter or a shield tracker to make sure you're getting the most of your DS too?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmech View Post
    Make sure you're using rune taps - try not to stack them with vamp blood if you can help it, as someone says if you're running with defile make sure you're using it off CD, Plague Leech is amazing but you need to make sure you're using it, if it's too much to manage then take Runic Corruption. Boneshield should always be up or used off CD, do you have a resolve meter or a shield tracker to make sure you're getting the most of your DS too?
    Plague leech and Runic corruption are different talent trees. His alternatives to plague leech is picking a talent that does nothing for blood, and an extra "apply diseases for free every 1.5 min"-button.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Plague leech and Runic corruption are different talent trees. His alternatives to plague leech is picking a talent that does nothing for blood, and an extra "apply diseases for free every 1.5 min"-button.
    You're correct sir complete brain fart on my behalf I meant blood tap ><
    I guess what I should have written is - just make sure you use plague leech - thanks for pointing that out though =)