Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ive barely played at 100 this expansion, what makes garrisons so good at gold making?
    Missions that give around 20-1k gold, paired with multiple treasure hunter follower. 1k mission with 3 treasurehunter = 4k gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burningdragon91 View Post
    Missions that give around 20-1k gold, paired with multiple treasure hunter follower. 1k mission with 3 treasurehunter = 4k gold.
    oh cool, i think the highest ive seen in my garrison is 200gold reward. but i only have 2 level 100s and i dont really play them.

maybe i should, i have like 40k gold right now :\

What I found interesting is that with next patch, WoW's holidays (Hallow's End/Winter Veil/etc) will provide the option to decorate your garrison; and this was specified to be year-round.

Not sure if that means they've any plans for them after WoD; the statues after all, are also year round. I do like the idea of having a permanent Christmas grotto in-game, however; especially if one finds a fitting piece of music for the jukebox.

I can see them removing the gold missions, gear drops, salvage crates and follower tokens altogether, but they won't delete them. It takes less than 2 minutes to run through the command board, if people feel obligated to do it across all their characters, trying for something, that's their business. Achievement hunters will always put in the effort, just like people continually go into old content for mounts, achievements, xmog.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only way to keep us out is to basically nerf gold rewards by like 90% and remove treasure hunting.

Blingtron should award 100g, not 1000 x 3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    What about Aviana's feather ?

Their plan is to crack down on bots and, as a result, ban all your followers.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    There will be a solo scenario where guldan gets to mind control khadgar for a short time before he leaves, and khadgar then runs in circles in your garrison arcane exploding all your stuff.

problem solved

I could see them gutting the Garrison of its gold making stuff. People will still do it while leveling, but barely anyone will bother once they're out of the WoD range. Not really worth worrying about because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They said the garrisons will be staying on Draenor a few times, so you've nothing towards worry about except the gold nerf and removal of honor missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite View Post
    It either won't work in Legion, or it will work and there will be a Legion version of it. Given how popular it is they would be stupid to not add something similar to Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They said the garrisons will be staying on Draenor a few times, so you've nothing towards worry about except the gold nerf and removal of honor missions.
    Is honor even going to be a thing in Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    So long as they give me the option to mana-bomb it into dust from orbit, I don't care what else they plan to do to make sure people aren't funneled into it at 110.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Their plan is to crack down on bots and, as a result, ban all your followers.
    Haha! Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdragon91 View Post
    I've seen that 1k gold one maybe three times ever across 11 toons. RNG is sicknasty on garrisons.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I hope the iron legion or grom at least shows up and says "you've done a lot of shit to us so we're going to pay you back. you'll live but you ain't allowed here no more" and then proceed to burn it to the ground. And all those worthless followers who go running everytime there's an invasion yeah i want them to get theirs as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    It either won't work in Legion, or it will work and there will be a Legion version of it. Given how popular it is they would be stupid to not add something similar to Legion.

Is honor even going to be a thing in Legion?
    Don't think so, but if it was they'd remove the missions anyway, just like the did with every quest that gave honor pre-WoD to force us into ashran.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    I am beyond glad that they are leaving Garrisons behind... Garrisons are the most annoying thing of the game... One of the major reasons I left... How fun was it for you to just sit in your garrison isolated from the world... like come on..
    Thats not the garrisons fault, thats the devs fault for not putting stuff outside the garrison to do, and stupidly allowing everybody to literay farm any mat they want, regardless of professions they may have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite View Post
    Try using it in any zone outside of Draenor.

Thats what they will do in legion.

But, just like the insanity crystal, they'll have a broken isle version somewhere else.