Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    You guys are all so helpful!

Please help me?

Person A has a battle.net account and let's their son play per ToS agreement. 10 years later, Son is 18 and wants their own account. They now have an account with Son's name on it.

How does Person A, with 4 characters, give their Son's named account all 30 of the Son's characters? Intending on keeping all Person A achievements/mounts with Person A's 4 characters.

From what I am reading here, the Son would have to start yet another brand new account with the parent's name, then pay to transfer all 30 characters to the new account for the son. This would be because 1) The new account needs the same name, not the Son's name, and 2) The achievements stay on the account characters are transferring from, so we'd have to transfer 30 characters instead of just 4.

Is this correct?
    you need to contact support as there's no automated system to do this.

If it's true I will have to pay for individual character transfers, one-by-one, I think I'll have to make some hard choices. I've grown fond of some of my new toons.

At $25 per toon it might just be a better idea to save up that money for more game time or other things. Two subscriptions at the same time is really not affordable for me, so that's also out of the question. And of course, we only have time for one account anyways as far as play-time.

I hear Legion is coming soon, so maybe it's better to just pocket the money.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    you need to contact support as there's no automated system to do this.
    May I ask what I should have when I contact customer support?

My goal would be to not have to prepare in any way, which means I'd use the account with the Son's name (A different name than the parent's account that doesn't even have expansions on it, but has some Hearthstone played so it's important for its own reasons) and just go from there, contrary to setting up an entirely new account with the parent's name, and the expansions purchased (As many of the 30 characters of the son are level 100 right now.)

The issue is, I don't even know where to begin, and I'm worried talking to customer support would expose us to unnecessary scrutiny.

Also, the entire conversation changes if the only way is to transfer the 30 characters. We might not want to do anything at all at that point. $750 minimum, seriously? lol! I get that we could just transfer some of the most essential characters but then they may also not want to do it at all.

I saw these conversations as an opportunity to get more information without actually contacting customer support to begin with, but if we can't come up with concrete information that's okay. Thanks to everyone in this thread for at least bringing up an interesting topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    You guys are all so helpful!

Please help me?

Person A has a battle.net account and let's their son play per ToS agreement. 10 years later, Son is 18 and wants their own account. They now have an account with Son's name on it.
    That type of stuff you have to contact Blizzard about for current policies, as it involves Parents and their children, not 1 adult managing their own account(s).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by throwa View Post
    If it's true I will have to pay for individual character transfers, one-by-one, I think I'll have to make some hard choices. I've grown fond of some of my new toons.

At $25 per toon it might just be a better idea to save up that money for more game time or other things. Two subscriptions at the same time is really not affordable for me, so that's also out of the question. And of course, we only have time for one account anyways as far as play-time.

I hear Legion is coming soon, so maybe it's better to just pocket the money.
    It's better to slowly move toons over so to bring as much as you can per toon (especially splitting them over servers). If Blizzard merges more realms together, it'll allow you to possibly even cluster more toons on the same connected-realm with all the benefits, too.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    They can merge 2 separate Bnet accounts into 1 Bnet account, as a Bnet account is a placeholder for accounts (and Blizzard now limits it to 3 Bnet accounts). Bnet has zip to do with account licenses itself.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Share this magic link with us that lets us merge two battle.nets together. If you can't magically procure this (since it would literally require magic to make it happen) then leave and stop spreading misinformation.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about? Share this magic link with us that lets us merge two battle.nets together. If you can't magically procure this (since it would literally require magic to make it happen) then leave and stop spreading misinformation.
    Advice: Ivory is good mouth wash. ya know? Try it.

Secondly, login your account and check it directly. Or can you even play WoW anymore to check?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Advice: Ivory is good mouth wash. ya know? Try it.

Secondly, login your account and check it directly. Or can you even play WoW anymore to check?
    Burden of Proof MFer. You're saying something exists that no one else can find, so fucking own up. I don't know where to GO to merge shit because the option DOESN'T EXIST. So link THAT SHIT.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Burden of Proof MFer. You're saying something exists that no one else can find, so fucking own up. I don't know where to GO to merge shit because the option DOESN'T EXIST. So link THAT SHIT.
    I'd rather watch you scream by yourself.

Carry on!

Let me guess, you purchased an account and want to merge it with yours, for all the mounts\feats of strengths, etc? :P

best of luck!