Dunno why, but the idea of Mercenary really excites me!!

Dunno about you, but being able to be paid to fight for the other faction... nice.. [I'm talking about PvP merc mode ofc]who else feels this good really go alot further into inter faction coperation without diminishing the anti-faction sentiment..

it is also a bit ..or rather alot more realistic.. whiles I don't expect ALL blood elves to start fighting for the alliance, I do expect to see in particular a few number of Tauren and Blood elves more often than not taking a stand with the other faction..

but how can you make this a proper system without diminishing the faction identity..? We've always wanted to play our x race in the opposite faction, but we don't want to diminish the feel that there ares till clear racial lines and distinctions, and that would be the case if we just allowed everyone to do it.

What if pvp Merc got expanded, and you could actually play as your race in the other faction, but it was a very long winded thing, something like going through like ALL the zones again from level 1 through 100 on the opposite side, and only at the end of it would you as a Tauren be recognized as a member of the Alliance.

There would be a distinct racial based story for every race that is switching. You follow a race based path, and you must first have hit level 110 with your current faction. Obviously if you've helped kill the Lich King on the horde side, it's not going to happen again when you switch to alliance, until you've completed the switch the you can do those old raids with your character. But the story will focus on the journey of each race. Would perfect if it was timed with the next expansion after Legion, and with the introduction of sub-races. As sub races would probably tell a racial story.

This one would take each race, and yo uwill follow a fix story of how your hero has become dis-enfranchised with his faction either it would be a faction hate, or a hate for his own races action, or a deep love or respect for another race or individual like a lover or prominent hero of that race. or if they're really keen, you could actually choose which one, and each race would have a path in each of those section s you can pick and unlock..

you will likely focus on helping one race or several races.. or do it in groups so you go through each racial group... with mobs probably scaled to your level for faction crossover specific quests, but for normal quests of the opposite faction that you would be allowed to take, which is most quests apart from fixed key events like killing the lich king, those would be at the level of the area.

I cant wait to troll with it in BGs and Ashran
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    What if pvp Merc got expanded, and you could actually play as your race in the other faction, but it was a very long winded thing, something like going through like ALL the zones again from level 1 through 100 on the opposite side, and only at the end of it would you as a Tauren be recognized as a member of the Alliance.
    I've actually been thinking about why i havent been playing warrior since im playing allience. I find the alliance is missing taurens, i mean male draenei look bulky and tanky too but have that paladin touch to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ildreed View Post
    I've actually been thinking about why i havent been playing warrior since im playing allience. I find the alliance is missing taurens, i mean male draenei look bulky and tanky too but have that paladin touch to them.
    i really think it would be cool. but i don't want to see too many people doing it. so making it basically even more tediuous than level 1-110, might be sufficient discouragement to make only th ereal keen interested...

but, then doin git would also be a rewarding experience for the lore and personalized story you get, plus obviously the idea of being an orc siding with the humans

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it a fun and simple idea.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I cant wait to troll with it in BGs and Ashran
    You could just troll your own faction as easily since the start of WoD. Surely you realized that long ago.

Horde would never get the option for this, so alliance get to troll horde and us horde healers re-roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I'm glad nothing changes to blood elf if you roll alliance and go horde. Only gnome monks do (lol) all other Paladins become Tauren.

Reposted from another thread

Human -> Undead
    Dwarf -> Orc
    Night Elf -> Troll
    Gnome -> Goblin
    Draenei -> Tauren
    Worgen -> Troll

Pandas to Pandas

Orc -> Dwarf
    Undead -> Human
    Tauren -> Night Elf
    Troll -> Night Elf
    Blood Elf -> Human
    Goblin -> Gnome

Human paladin -> Tauren
    Dwarf paladin -> Tauren
    Dwarf priest -> Tauren
    Gnome Monk -> Blood Elf

Tauren Paladin -> Draenei
    Troll Shaman -> Dwarf
    Troll warlock -> Human
    Goblin Shaman -> Dwarf
    Goblin Hunter -> Dwarf
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2015-09-01 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I'm glad nothing changes to blood elf if you roll alliance and go horde. Only gnome monks do (lol) all other Paladins become Tauren.

Reposted from another thread

Human -> Undead
    Dwarf -> Orc
    Night Elf -> Troll
    Gnome -> Goblin
    Draenei -> Tauren
    Worgen -> Troll

Pandas to Pandas

Orc -> Dwarf
    Undead -> Human
    Tauren -> Night Elf
    Troll -> Night Elf
    Blood Elf -> Human
    Goblin -> Gnome

Human paladin -> Tauren
    Dwarf paladin -> Tauren
    Dwarf priest -> Tauren
    Gnome Monk -> Blood Elf

Tauren Paladin -> Draenei
    Troll Shaman -> Dwarf
    Troll warlock -> Human
    Goblin Shaman -> Dwarf
    Goblin Hunter -> Dwarf
    like blizzard would ever give us a way of free faction change via in-game questing -- wish they would, but it's making money.

besides I think the OP wants you as your same race on the other faction... you basically would be a Tauren fighting for the alliance now, not just pvp Mercing in BGs but now a full part of the alliance as a Tauren, not transformed into a night elf or draenei.

Besides, I would have thought Blood elves would convert to Night elves and vice versa in that little formula, I mean the two are far closer together than any other race combo.

Human to forsaken and vice versa too, i mean one's just the undead version of the other.

Gnomes to Goblins - not that there is any lore connection, but they are both the shorties of their factions and the techie's too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    like blizzard would ever give us a way of free faction change via in-game questing -- wish they would, but it's making money.

besides I think the OP wants you as your same race on the other faction... you basically would be a Tauren fighting for the alliance now, not just pvp Mercing in BGs but now a full part of the alliance as a Tauren, not transformed into a night elf or draenei.

Besides, I would have thought Blood elves would convert to Night elves and vice versa in that little formula, I mean the two are far closer together than any other race combo.

Human to forsaken and vice versa too, i mean one's just the undead version of the other.

Gnomes to Goblins - not that there is any lore connection, but they are both the shorties of their factions and the techie's too.
    it is strange, not sure why they went with what they did. I think its all based on size maybe? Draenei and Tauren are the two biggest, gnomes and goblins the smallest, Be and human and undead about the same size. Then NE worgen and trolls are all big too. And dwarf/orc are the odds one out.

There seems to be no reasoning behind it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    it is strange, not sure why they went with what they did. I think its all based on size maybe? Draenei and Tauren are the two biggest, gnomes and goblins the smallest, Be and human and undead about the same size. Then NE worgen and trolls are all big too. And dwarf/orc are the odds one out.

There seems to be no reasoning behind it all.
    hmm.. but I'm willing to wager there is, I'll have to think about that one, see if i can crack it. Maybe they did it based on lore rivalry? or started with a few that made a little sense, then did the rest more randomly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ít doesnt excite me, because i get transfered into the WORST race there is. Female Undead. Like really? Let me atleast decide what to transform to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?