Normal Arch - Need some help with logs

Hello,

Guild is trying to get normal arch down this week, I think I've identified some of the issues but I'd like some outside eyes to look over things.

We are tanking him at 2 spots, one on each side of the gate, we've been using hero on the pull to try to get into, and used to, phase 3 and 3.5. That won't be our strategy in the long run.

Not all the people in the raid are what you would call "on the raid" team, but the group is mostly consistent.

Thanks.

Logs are at warcraftlogs under The Lizards - Ysera
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pes=1&cutoff=3
    Apparently I need to post instead of just lurk to use a link.
    Last edited by dottie; 2015-09-02 at 03:32 PM.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pes=1&cutoff=3

These are your deaths. I made the cutoff at 3 deaths so everything after this is excluded. To win at this fight you need to avoid "stupid" deaths. No deaths to allure of flames, none to shadowfel burst and so on.

Below isn't necessarily log related but rather a short version of the boxes you need to tick to succeed in each phase.

In p1 you need to make sure people stack near the desecrate pillars to get the buff just after it spawns and also when you need to move for the allure of flames. Spread for shadowfel burst then stack again and thats job done.

P2 is just about add control and then only breaking chains under raid defensives. Do this right and noone should die. We just pop DA / whatever and break all 3 at once.

P3 we cheese the banishment a little. We send one group into the first one but DO NOT kill the add. The second banishment group will then get sent into the same realm. You can then just execute the add and have both teams back in the normal realm for maximum facetime on the boss. You will need someone to tank the boss for the 10/15 seconds while your tanks are gone. We use warriors with die by the sword for this.

The crucial part of the sub 25% part is not breaking chains during rain of chaos. Stabilise the raid and then call breaks one by one. They break at 30 yards so have people be close to the 30 yards so they can respond quickly.

But it really comes down to not dying early. The hard part is sub 25% so you need a full compliment of people and a decent set of CD's for each event.

Your pala tank needs to use his abilities better. His shield of the righteous uptime, while not terrible can be a lot better. He only used DP 3x in a 7 minute attempt. His uptime on sacred shield is 1/3 and so on. In line with this https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=13&target=61 people need to hit death callers properly. No reason for your hunter to be head and shoulders above the others for this.

I'll look properly in a bit but thats at least something to contemplate now :P

Wow, awesome reply. Thank you so much. I am that hunter, and yes one of the issues that seems apparent is that many of the people were just trying to cleave down the death callers rather than targeting them. I will admit that thing is pretty difficult to click on, but it seemed like they were just trying to be lazy about it.

I also saw that I did a horrible job getting the orb buff from pillars. First week playing a hunter :S

This is a fight that gets easier with more people, any chance you can bring more people will help you tremendously.

Regarding your own performance as a hunter, I'd suggest that you should switch to barrage for more adds damage. And about living shadow, I see that you did no damage to it - and you, a hunter, is one of the best class to do it cuz of stuns/slows and high add burst as MM. We never send our hunters down so they can keep on living shadows. Get a target macro for it too, put it on concussive shot. It will help instantly target and slow down the add. You can assign your frost mage to help too, just make sure you discuss which "portal" are you going to be killing the adds first - this is especially good if you have slow dps and get 3-4 portals.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    This is a fight that gets easier with more people, any chance you can bring more people will help you tremendously.

Regarding your own performance as a hunter, I'd suggest that you should switch to barrage for more adds damage. And about living shadow, I see that you did no damage to it - and you, a hunter, is one of the best class to do it cuz of stuns/slows and high add burst as MM. We never send our hunters down so they can keep on living shadows. Get a target macro for it too, put it on concussive shot. It will help instantly target and slow down the add. You can assign your frost mage to help too, just make sure you discuss which "portal" are you going to be killing the adds first - this is especially good if you have slow dps and get 3-4 portals.
    Excellent advice, I'll for sure look into a targeting macro for them. We had talked about targeting macros for other adds as well. I had been using barrage, but since there is rarely 3+ adds in P1 and P2 (which we wiped in a lot) I switched to power shot. Now that we should be getting to P3 more reliably on thursday I'll for sure switch back to barrage.