10+ Year Old Account

Rate the Expansions in Order

including the new one coming out, where would you place them from least to greatest? I had to make two different lists to formulate my thoughts.

list a: Rated by Storyline/Content (pve, new races, new classes, zones, lore)
    5) Warlords of Draenor
    4) Cataclysm
    3) Mists of Pandaria
    2) The Burning Crusade
    1) Wrath of the Lich King

list b: Rated by technology innovation (LFG, raidfinder, new models, loot distribution, model renders, raid sizes, mechanics)
    5) Cataclysm
    4) The Burning Crusade
    3) Warlords of Draenor
    2) Wrath of the Lich King
    1) Mists of Pandaria

It was hard to distinguish a rating for the WoW expansions solely overall. So my best option was to do so by creating two different viewpoints. i was going to put Warlords on the least, but thought about our most current leveling experience in Draenor. Its the best leveling in any MMO Ive seen so far, hence why I had to create a 2nd list. And I know my choices are quesionable. So I will leave it up for discussion. I just hope we can get constructive criticism rather than opinions with no explanations.

And with that said, the reason WotLK was my top choice for the first list is because of the background storyline I have experienced in Christie Golden novel AND from the Warcraft3 game. It was like everything I wanted. And relieved that Muradin was still around. For my second list, the reason MoP was my top choice was I enjoyed the integration of the new talent system. It felt needed. And the art was just amazing; a heavy influence in my decision. Was so colorful, distinguishable, and so detailed you can see what they researched to get the desired look. There was also an increase in Polygon/particle textures that started here. And as bad as Cataclysm was, I wanted to move it up.. but I utterly hate Raid Finder.
    Last edited by Starbrand; 2015-10-04 at 12:46 AM. Reason: something offended someone.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

1. Wrath of the Lich King
    2. The Burning Crusade
    3. Vanilla
    4. Mists of Pandaria
    5. Warlords of Draenor
    6. Cataclysm

WotLK had the best story, dungeons, raids, dailies and zones to me. I like how it concluded the story where WC3 left off. Same goes for TBC which had the best raiding imo, but I wasn't much of a fan of their zones and how they wasted well-known characters to become raid bosses. I can't rank Legion without playing it first.

MoP is really good but a bit overrated, it would've worked better if they didn't overuse the Asian theme all over the expansion. Its rich in content and has quite a lot to do at max level. WoD and Cata are both ''raid or die'' expansions, but since I don't raid since WotLK I found myself getting bored extremely fast with these expansions.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2015-10-03 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Legion isn't out yet, I won't be including it.

Overall, rated for fun of gameplay and my own subjective opinions.
    6) Cataclysm
    5) Warlords of Draenor
    4) Vanilla
    3) Burning Cruscade
    2) Mists of Pandaria
    1) Wrath of the Lich King

Sorry? How can you put Legion in to your rating before even having experienced it to the end?

Talk about bias. This thread isnt worth posting in, so I apologize for posting here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Sorry? How can you put Legion in to your rating before even having experienced it to the end?

Talk about bias. This thread isnt worth posting in, so I apologize for posting here.
    sorry, didnt mean to offend anyone. Was not my intention to hurt your opinions. Edited first post by taking out Legion and Vanilla as well. and again, sorry you posted. my fault.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

10. Warlords of Draenor
    9. ??
    8. ??
    7. ??
    6. Cataclysm
    5. ??
    4. Mists of Pandaria
    3. Vanilla
    2. Burning Crusade

That seems about right to me I had to make few adjustments to make sure there was enough of a gap between the worst ones. Being any closer to the better ones would have been insulting at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

2. Cataclysm
    3. Burning Crusade
    4. Mists of Pandaria
    5. Warlords of Draenor

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Mists of Pandaria.
    2. Cataclysm 4.0
    3. Vanilla
    4. Burning Crusade
    5. Wrath of the Lich King
    6. Cataclysm post-nerf-everything-to-the-ground
    7. Warlords of Draenor

1. Burning crusade - excellent altho it went downhill late
    2. wrath - raiding was good but the 5 mans were AWFUL
    3. warlords - only subbed for the 10th anni event and then garrisons drove me away. i bump this over cata because the 10th anniversary event was the most fun i've had in wow in years.
    4. cata - i quit playing during cata
    5. mists - did not play
    6. legion - I don't see a single reason to sub for Legion ATM.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2015-10-04 at 03:22 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

1. Wrath
    2. BC
    3. Mists
    4. Cata

5. Warlords

7+ Year Old Account
    Greatest to Worst
    1. WotLK - Leveling was not a faceroll and had to interact with other players, making it feel more like an MMORPG and not just an RPG. Had fun doing end-game content with friends.
    2. Cata - Brought some great features with the Azeroth overhall, leveling may have been more like a faceroll, but atleast you had nice linear zones and quest experience. Most friends left by then so I was not able to enjoy end-game content.
    3. Mop - Not the worst expansion, but I can't take Kung Fu Pandas serious. Shit design descions brought this Xpack down. end-game content was great, but was very solo.
    4. WoD - Didn't enjoy leveling. Hardly any end-game content outside of raiding except Apexis dailies.

Never got to play enough Burning Crusade to have an opinion on it.