Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Level syncs in a leveling centric MMO are idiotic
    Care to name them?
    I will, to make it a bit easier for you, name a couple MMOs which are quite obviously not level centric:
    - World of Warcraft
    - Guild Wars 2
    - SWTOR
    - ESO

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    You still 1 shot everything
    Stopped reading there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Level syncs in a leveling centric MMO are idiotic. Esp in the open world.
    It works in FF-XIV ... sort of, but to constantly lose abilities and having to adapt to different playstyles again and again is a royal pain.

How about removing these archaic levels entirely and just let people play together?
    Levels indicate a players progression. While that progression doesn't have to (and really shouldn't) directly equate to an increase in power, I doubt many players would be happy about playing a game like this without seeing improvement in their character. Competitive games, and extremely story-driven games can get away with it, but this is neither of those.

Level scaling isn't a perfect solution, but it's better than how drastically trivialized content becomes when that scaling isn't in effect. Unless one finds god mode to be a compelling source of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Hell this happened to me 5 months ago while in the starting zone of both my DKs; there is a quest part of the chain that you have to torture a scarlet crusader, i had to remove all my gear and then i had to use potions to survive, and for a moment i thought i was gonna have to open a ticket, because if you do not do the quest your dk is stuck, but luckily after 5-6 tries i managed to complete the quest with both my dks.
    I did this quest last week too. You just torture as many of those guys until one talks. No problem at all. This quest worked that way at the start of Wrath too. You needed to torture more than one guy because you killed them slowly. Nothing wrong with the quest.

This level sync bs is a total shitfest really don't get how people enjoy that crap.

The only purpose of leveling in WoW is to be nothing more than a time sync for hitting max level. One thing I'd like to see Blizzard do is make gear actually meaningful during leveling progression. Not just toss out gear upgrades freely with random stats. Allow people to unlock the dungeons as they progress through the story lines. Create real-time events throughout the world that allow people to gather and participate for rewards that are actually meaningful i.e. better gear drops than those from questing or mob drops. The world needs purpose and I think at least some of it should come from the time you're leveling, and not just from professions and gimmicky rares.