Mythic Iskar - Phantasmal Resonance

Question. We have 5 hunters in raid and just started Mythic Iskar. We plan on skipping the chains of despair by burning the Phantasmal Resonance. We are dancing around with rotating stampede between all hunters or all picking up AMoC and having that for each Phantasmal Resonance. I believe AMoC benefits from mastery and since we're all MM, we may not get full benefit of the talent but the thought is, we will still all have it up for every Phantasmal Resonance which probably benefits us more on the burn phase. Does anyone have any experience on if its better to rotate stampede or have all 5 pick up AMoC specifally for the burn? We don't really care about overall damage as I know we have plenty for the overall fight. Thanks in advance!

We run 4 hunters our cds were rf+ring+stamp on first resonance, rf+ring+pot 2nd, rf+ring+lust zerg down boss while he in air on 3rd.

Awesome thanks for the advise.

Besides that, I'd also suggest using the Mirror trinket if they're not already. It's pretty easy to line it up with Resonance and the extra damage it'll add to your ring + the damage it does normally is very potent. Same goes for Barrage; even if it doesn't do a whole lot of damage to the Resonance directly, it'll add more to the ring. They should also try to pool focus before it spawns, maybe save some TotH stacks if they get lucky. As long as they are saving their cooldowns for the Resonances, they should be fine. The check for Resonances really isn't that bad, and hunters are quite good at Resonance damage.

Killed it today with me being the only Hunter (sadface) at ilvl 724.

I ran Stampede and Mirror+Coil and popped Stampede + 2nd Pot at 1st Wave (rest of the raid popped 2nd Pot on 2nd wave).

With 5 decently geared Hunters (what luxury...) you should have more than enough burst DPS regardless of Stampede/AMoC. I'd definitely go with Stampede though and alternate if necessary. Really shouldn't matter.

Just make sure that you have RF + Ring + Mirror ready as soon as the adds spawn (stop DPS for some seconds before 2nd wave if necessary), pool some Focus and maybe TotH-Procs before, switch immediately to Add and burn pure Singletarget-DPS on add.

If it helps here is our Kill-Vid from my Hunter PoV:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slBDgKR2kak

(some misplays in it but you should get it. The end got fucked up but who cares...boss dead )
    Last edited by chooi; 2015-10-08 at 02:38 AM.

your comp won't really matter. What matters most is making sure the aoe adds are far away from the resonance so you explode your ring only onto the add. If you do this properly, the classes you bring wont' really matter, so long as they can push decent numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    your comp won't really matter. What matters most is making sure the aoe adds are far away from the resonance so you explode your ring only onto the add. If you do this properly, the classes you bring wont' really matter, so long as they can push decent numbers.
    Not necessary to explode only on the Add. Our first kill which was ages ago was done with killing the chains guy before he even started casting chains and we exploded the ring on all of the adds.

All you have to make sure is that people are not AoEing unless they benefit from it for single-target(so pretty much only Shamans) and people save their CDs on pull.

My CD spacing on our first kill was:
    Pull: Mirror
    1st Air Phase: RF+Ring+Stampede+Mirror
    2nd Land phase: Mirror on CD
    2nd Air Phase: RF+Ring+Mirror+Pot
    3rd Land Phase: Mirror on CD
    4th Air Phase: RF+Ring+Stampede+Mirror+BL

With current gear you have you might need to use Stampede on pull rather than on 1st add to get a second use.

Sounds good. Much appreciated all.

its quite easy to pull over 6m on first 2 resonances, if all 5 hunters did that with rest of raid, its easy peasy

Quote Originally Posted by Gaarashatan View Post
    its quite easy to pull over 6m on first 2 resonances, if all 5 hunters did that with rest of raid, its easy peasy
    I use stampede on the pull. Really no reason to use it on the resonances. All the hunters need to use is Rapid Fire. I easily do more damage on that add than the hunters who use stampede on it. Also, if you want to pad your DPS on that fight and your guild has no issues killing the resonances.. Use Mirror on the small adds when the off tank gathers them up and just barrage off cool down. =)

If you do more dmg to resonance without using stampede vs your guild's other hunters that use stampede on resonances that means that your other hunters are shit, sry to say it...
    There's no way that no stampede does more dmg than stampede on resonances with 2 equally skilled hunters...(assuming both are following the correct shot priority,etc)
    So just because you happen to do more dmg to the add than your guildies isn't a good measure for what cd should be used or not for resonance...

Deleted
    Mythic Beating Heart is very useful for progress here too. The intermissions are ~2 mins apart, so you have a guaranteed use for every phantasmal resonance.

@Above, Why would you suggest to somebody on PROGRESS to use stampede on the pull? You are asking them to do irrelevant damage over damage on the phantasmal which is the whole point of this thread.