Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyNova View Post
    I don't think renew will be the way to go anymore. The mana cost got increased from 1.5% to 2.5% of max mana.
    The admittedly vague descriptions ("large" vs. "moderate") of how much each spell heals lead me to believe that Renew has returned to the old model of HoT healing more per cast than direct heals.

I totally agree with you statement about PoH, I liked the old version more aswell.
    Apparently after an entire expansion of Holy Priests desperately trying to find a use for CoP and failing, Blizzard decided to simply force Holy Priests to use it.

Sanctify is even worse - from its description, it sounds like its ground-targeted in addition to its cripplingly small radius.

Honestly, I'm horrified by that class preview. It really sounds like they've destroyed everything good about Holy and made it into a one-button Renew spec in raids.

CoP is not bad because of the range, you don't need to spread more than 5 yards even on a fully spread fight, it's bad because the full healing happens when you heal someone below 20% health and even less, that alone is quite the challenge in a world full of shields.
    Sanctify is also totally fine, healing rain and efflorescence have 10-12y radius as well, you think they're also bad as well because the range is oh so limited?
    Apotheosis, new serendipity and the much improved holy words are quite substantial changes as well and vast improvements over what you have currently.

I have to say this looks very promising. I really like the idea of the very strong heals on a moderate (1m) cd, with other spells being able to lower the cd. Really brings back the idea of being able to really move the bars back up in certain high damage phases (other than an i-win-button that you push once or twice a fight), which I feel used to be something priests really excelled at. I do hope, however, that Sanctify doesn't replace CoH as has been suggested above, as that spell has been iconic for holy priests for so many years and I'm totally not ready to say goodbye to it yet

Sanctify does not replace CoH, it replaces sanctuary. CoH still exists and it will be a talent, this is confirmed through twitter in case you had any doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    CoP is not bad because of the range, you don't need to spread more than 5 yards even on a fully spread fight
    Not everyone raids with a guild that can coordinate, some people only run LFR and some pug. Assuming you don't get to see the area-of-effect of this spell like Healing Rain or Sanctuary, you need to know exactly where the person you're casting it on is and estimate if enough people are in range of them. It increases the need for an addon like GridStatusPriestAoE or similar ones. Even if they are removing the group restriction it could become even more trickier to use efficiently and surely more situational than current PoH. Sure, you could say 15 yd might be enough, but let's not forget that even current CoH has a 30 yd radius which offers great coverage of the area when the targets are spread apart. It's still a nerf and personally I don't like this change at all, hope they reconsider during beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Some more priest news over at wowhead, some of it holy related.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=249804/d...-class-changes

Particularly note the emphasis.
    But the game's biggest single target heal is pally's LOH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    That isn't a problem with Chakra, though, it's a problem with every other healer. Chakra was unique because it made priest versatile. Now that everyone else is versatile in better ways it has become bad.

Chakra is the only ineresting thing about Holy. As weak and shitty as it is, it is the only reason I would ever want to play Holy. It should be fixed instead of removed (or other classes should be made less versatile on the fly). Though my fear is that Blizz just wants to remove it so they can stuff its various components into talent trees to fill them out and do less work.
    Switching stances was not interesting or unique; and warriors didn't like the stance dance either. Chakra didn't give versatility, it was a nerf because holy was balanced around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selinde View Post
    Not everyone raids with a guild that can coordinate, some people only run LFR and some pug. Assuming you don't get to see the area-of-effect of this spell like Healing Rain or Sanctuary, you need to know exactly where the person you're casting it on is and estimate if enough people are in range of them. It increases the need for an addon like GridStatusPriestAoE or similar ones. Even if they are removing the group restriction it could become even more trickier to use efficiently and surely more situational than current PoH. Sure, you could say 15 yd might be enough, but let's not forget that even current CoH has a 30 yd radius which offers great coverage of the area when the targets are spread apart. It's still a nerf and personally I don't like this change at all, hope they reconsider during beta.
    Even if you take an LFR-pov (or any uncoordinated raid), I don't see how the current PoH wins over the new one, as raid groups aren't selected at all so people in any given group often are all over the place (e.g. group members 1 and 2 on one side of the room, 3-5 on the other), making it very annoying to use at the least (not to say a total waste in some cases). If you take any of those people individually however, there's usually at least a good amount of people in a 15 yard range, making it more likely the fourth or fifth part of the heal are not completely wasted. Sure, 15 yards may be on the short side of things, but I reckon they want to stay as far away from PoH spam as possible. I, for one, am happy they're finally moving away from the group limitation, which has felt like a very dated mechanic for a very long time. That they introduce something else to limit its power seems only fair.
    Last edited by InstantPoM; 2015-11-09 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalendil View Post
    Even if you take an LFR-pov (or any uncoordinated raid), I don't see how the current PoH wins over the new one, as raid groups aren't selected at all so people in any given group often are all over the place (e.g. group members 1 and 2 on one side of the room, 3-5 on the other), making it very annoying to use at the least (not to say a total waste in some cases). If you take any of those people individually however, there's usually at least a good amount of people in a 15 yard range, making it more likely the fourth or fifth part of the heal are not completely wasted. Sure, 15 yards may be on the short side of things, but I reckon they want to stay as far away from PoH spam as possible. I, for one, am happy they're finally moving away from the group limitation, which has felt like a very dated mechanic for a very long time. That they introduce something else to limit its power seems only fair.
    If you think about it 30 yd radius is a pretty big range, there is a very high chance that atleast one of the member of the group is in range of 2-3 other members. Even if 2 of them are on the opposite side of the room there is a high chance than another one is in the middle or in range of both. It might be pretty outdated but without it PoH would be no different than CoH, just more expensive and spammable. It seems they think shortening the range differentiates the two enough but I'm not a fan personally.

I thought the mana cost was enough of a deterrent to prevent PoH spamming in order to limit its power, it seems it will stay that way in Legion (8% base mana) even though apparently Holy Priests will be about big heals again and strong at AoE healing.

It's not like I enjoyed it being group only, I am really happy too that they removed the restriction, I'm just not convinced that the nerf to the radius is the best way to balance that. I fear it might make it trickier to use efficiently, that it might be harder to achieve a 5 hits PoH in a fight where people are not stacked, that's all. Maybe it's just cause I'm not used to it because I never tried CoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Sanctify does not replace CoH, it replaces sanctuary. CoH still exists and it will be a talent, this is confirmed through twitter in case you had any doubts.
    Didn't they say they were only considering it?
    Last edited by Selinde; 2015-11-10 at 12:56 AM.

Imo Holy is the only spec looking good mechani cwise from the little blog they showed off.
    Hi Sephurik

Some Twitter conversations from the Warcraftdevs twitter(mostly holy, one shadow and one disc - but there are more tweets about disc and shadow).

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...13220755345408
    Q: -Will Holy Priest have an AoE damage spell, since Mind Sear is now out? (Holy Nova seems like the obvious solution)
    A: - Holy Nova is, in fact, the current plan! All healers will have some capacity to damage multiple targets.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...12757372858368
    Q: - reading the disc changes, is weakened soul being removed? or just not mentioned?
    A: - The current plan is to remove Weakened Soul.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...11458417844224
    Q: - "for an absolutely massive amount". #winning
    R: - A crit Holy Word: Serenity is basically a full heal. We think that qualifies as "absolutely massive."

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...09936170725376
    Q: - Just reading priest blog and unless im mistaken PoH group restriction appears gone. Is that so ( *crosses fingers* )
    A: - Indeed! We're trying a different targeting method for Prayer of Healing, which makes it more localized instead of group-based.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...09364164128768
    Q: - Love the Holy Priest redesign. Hope for fun smiting talents to go with it. Does Holy Word: Sanctify replace Circle of Healing?
    A: - We're currently considering talent options that bring back Circle of Healing, or something similar.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...09121993420800
    Q: - I assume the order of magnitude of certain words in the blog is: Absolutely Massive > Huge > Strong > Moderate > Minor?
    A: - Yep! We tried to pick words that gave that impression. Hope it came through as clear as possible!

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...08503023144960
    Q: - No mention of Holy Nova. Is it gone?
    A: - The current plan is for Holy Nova to be Holy's method of dealing AoE damage.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...07800783450112
    T: - I WILL HEAL YOU TO DEATH! GLORY TO CTHULU, FTHAGN RY'LEH!
    R: - Sounds like you may enjoy the fact that you're forced to speak Shath'yar - the language of the Old Gods - while in Voidform.

My first initial thoughts on Holy is - Basic white bitch.

Well there is nothing wrong with basic white bitches though.

The concept seems highly promising and effective. It's just basic.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Not playing a Priest myself but it seems that they want to design the Holy Priest as mobile 'Oh Shit'-button and most versatile Healer in the Healer department (as it should be). I'm excited to see where they'll go with the other Healer classes.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Not playing a Priest myself but it seems that they want to design the Holy Priest as mobile 'Oh Shit'-button and most versatile Healer in the Healer department (as it should be). I'm excited to see where they'll go with the other Healer classes.
    well holy paladin got the mobile healing direction so yea
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    well holy paladin got the mobile healing direction so yea
    I don't see Holy Pally as overly mobile in the preview.
    Their main spells are still on 1.5-2.5sec cast time. Looks more like a close-combat healer turret in sense of 'all gather around the pally'.

Quick question that I'm hoping someone has an answer too. Will holy and disc priests be sharing the same artifact weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeat420 View Post
    Quick question that I'm hoping someone has an answer too. Will holy and disc priests be sharing the same artifact weapon?
    No, check the wow site they are different.

ahh ok. Thanks mate

This insight from reddit made me laugh:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    [Holy priests are] also morally opposed to the use of Shadow and Void magic
    Until five other healers log on for the night.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    In the interest of keeping the forums clean and void of multiple threads on the same topic, dedicated threads to each spec have been created for discussions about all things Legion related.
    The aim is not to stop these discussions but simply move them to these 3 specific threads.
    If you want to raise a specific topic or a topic that may not be limited to only 1 of the specs please feel free to create a new thread whilst being mindful of keeping the forum accessible and tidy.

Shadow
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...est-Discussion

Disc

Holy