Deleted

Mythic Mannoroth Strat question

Hi,

I wonder when i read through the different Mannoroth threads, what ist meant by "depends on what Strategie you follow"

I saw the Videos of the Method Guide, Proper Bird and paragon kill.

i found method and Proper Bird are very similar. or did i miss something?
    Paragon is especialy in the final Phase different. (Shadowforce pushes the Group through the middle, and they dont sac the melees, by soaking wrath with the Mages.

Of corse there is the 2 vs. 3 Tank strat.

Did i miss something? or can perhaps anybody explain some different approaches?

available Lineup for this Boss, what i think will be nice to start progressing with:
    1 Warri tank + 2 DK tanks (one ist normaly unholy)

2-3 Mages
    2 Rouges
    2 Hunter
    2 Shadows
    1 DD-Warri (me)
    1 Lock
    1 Retri
    2 Moonkins

Healers: 1Diszipriest, 1 Holypriest (offizer :/), 1 Pala, 1 Drood, 1 Monk, 1 Shaman

the RP is P0
    Difference in:
    -P1?
    -P2?
    -P3 (final)?

i think answering in shortpoints is enouth.

my thoughts are, especialy for P3
    I dont realy like the Idea of sac the melees for Warth. And with 3 Tanks and so much Mages i dont think its necessary.

so Group stands behind the Boss. (where should the tanks stand??, how to deal with tank knockback?)
    the 2ranges + 1 Melee with Wrath on the right Boss side, in a triangle...get soke by Mages + 1 offtank, tank switches in for the time, when the Mage iceblock dissappiers and the mages change place.
    1 melee on the left Boss side, get soaked by the tank, who is not tanking mannoroth. (or should he go to the other side, so that 4 wratheres where soaked in a square?)

Gazes get soaked by???
    my plan was 1 gaze for the first offtank
    1 gaze for the second offtank
    1 gaze for 1 Hunter + Rouge?
    1 healer wrath stays in the Group behind the Boss.

Will this plan which is in my mind, are be going to work.
    or are there any Problems?
    Advices from you?

what to do in P1 and P2?

how to get rid of the mark of doom in P1 and P2.
    i think about to Trigger it with the Doom Spike Explosion.
    or i is too risky and to Trigger it with the dmg from wrath will be saver?

Thx alot.
    Last edited by mmocf498a7855e; 2015-11-26 at 11:47 AM.

Last phase:
    Our tanks stand at the boss' belly just outside the range of pillar AoE during last phase. They get knocked into the pillar and take AoE damage from it. Damage from pillar is amplified with wrath stacks, so they can't soak it.

4 wraths are soaked by mages and hunters (iceblock and deterrence respectively). DPS classes form a square behind a boss. Soaker stands at the middle of the square until his cooldown runs out. Healer is soaked by the rest of the group. We have 8-9 stacks of it left during first shadowforce, but it doesn't matter much.

Gazes are soaked with 1 person per gaze. Rogues and hunters are the best for this. Make sure you hold light spread before gazes, though. Double soaking will do more harm than good. When boss has <10% HP, just sacrifice the gazes.

p1/p2
    Shadowbolt volley from doomlord will trigger marks. Only use Doom Spike if you messed up and interrupted volley that you shouldn't have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest to not let any Shadowbolt Volley get through - you can just trigger marks with dispel. No point in taking tons of damage from Volley for that.

Marks are not dispellable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post
    Marks are not dispellable.
    Well I am not a healer, so I have no idea, but we most certainly do not trigger them with Shadowbolt Volley - I don't know how, but our healers do take care of this thing without us actually taking much damage to trigger the mark.

Edit: ah yeah I got it, we are probably using Doom Spikes on Marked guys for that. That is how you can clear it without Shadowbolt Volley.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-11-26 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well I am not a healer, so I have no idea, but we most certainly do not trigger them with Shadowbolt Volley - I don't know how, but our healers do take care of this thing without us actually taking damage to trigger the mark.
    Wat. You must take damage for them to break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Wat. You must take damage for them to break.
    View le edit... As I said, no idea how it's done, but I think we do it with Doom Spikes, no other reasonable way. We definitely do not let Volley come through ever on M Mannoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    View le edit... As I said, no idea how it's done
    I feel sorry for your raid leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I feel sorry for your raid leader.
    As long as I do what I have to do, there is no issue. I am not a tank, so I don't know how to handle Mannoroth combo, I am not a healer so I don't know what the heck to do there as a healer.

I am DD and I do exactly what I need to do as designated by the Raid Leader. If I need to nuke target X at any point I do that, if I need to stand in point Y at any point - I go there. I don't have to know every last mechanic tanks or healers have to perform.

On my part I know that on Mythic Mannoroth - if Mark of Doom is applied to me - I run to my designated spot in the middle or sides of the room, where it will be taken care of by others without relying on Shadowbolt Volley. I do it just fine and my Raid Leader is pretty content with me. I don't need to think how exactly it is done - I know it will be done because I can rely on my teammates to do their job, while I do mine.

One thing you should know about World First guilds, and especially Method, is that they love to suicide people to make mechanics easier, as they are able to pull off the other phases without dying and therefore have the brez available. They fail to take in to account how great of players they are in their guides.